Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #1  
the aly bagel

Height: 5'8"

Default Lost 11lbs in 5 weeks -stalling

Can someone just tell me this is normal so my brain feels better? I think I just need some reassurance.

I lost 11lbs in the last 5 weeks, almost consistently at about 2lbs or so a week. Now I've been stalled for a week, going from 205-204. I checked my measurements and they haven't gone down more since Feb 18th.

I'm telling myself this is normal since I've been through it a zillion times, but that other half of me that gives me anxiety/worry is saying you're never going to break this. I hate my other half!

I know my hormones this week have also been crazy, since I got a few zits which I never have and I'm due for my birth control on Saturday. Can that attribute to weight loss/gain?
schubunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:29 AM   #2  
cetababy

S/C/G: 198/185/145

Height: 5'6

Totally normal to have a little hesitation after consistant pound loss my nutritionist tells me to pull back a little when this happens take out a snack for a couple of days and that will do it. It really works!
Good luck! Sounds like you are doing great so far!

Last edited by cetaschutt; 02-28-2013 at 10:29 AM.
cetaschutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

That can def make a difference in your weight loss/gain. Ovulation, ToM can wreak havoc on you, as can normal fluctuations in water.

Yes, you may have a "stall" and then the scale will move again. The important thing is to stay on track during this time. I just had a stretch where the scale did not move for several days and just this morning I was down a pound.

Keep going, and it will move! I know how hard it is to get over the disappointment of the scale reading. You just have to stay consistent.

(In fact I just ranted on MFP about not losing yesterday, and today I had a loss! Hahahahaha!)

11 pounds in 5 weeks is fantastic! Keep up the great work!
RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 164/see ticker/125

Height: 5 feet even

I always have 8 to 10 days a month where I lose nothing. Zilch. And, it doesn't go 'up and down' either. It's the SAME WEIGHT everyday for well over a week.

At this point it doesn't stress me, b/c I know that means the last two weeks of the month I am going to lose my 'month's worth' of weight.

It's just the way my body does.

You know you have a good plan and you are sticking to it, all you can do is let your body take it's time and do it's part of the bargain.

You are doing awesome and it's looks like you are getting close to ONEDERLAND!! I see so many of these posts about folks who hit 'mini-stalls' right before being 190something. Maybe it's the internal stress of knowing you are hitting a milestone, or that we notice it even more when we are close to an important marker.

Either way, keep it up and know that at least when the scale DOES start to move it will be nice, good measurable amounts. You are earning credit towards a big whoosh
Katydid77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #5  
the aly bagel

Thanks everyone. I went back to bed for a bit, got up and weighed again and It's 204.0.. I'm so close I can feel it!! I hope I see something next week on my vacation.

I just want to get to onederland sooooo bad
Old 02-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

I'm with you on wanting to get to onderland so very badly! I'm 8.1 pounds away, so you are closer than me!

It will happen for us both!
RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #7  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

After only 3 weeks on plan this time, I hit a stall. So frustrating!! What helped me break it was changing the food I ate for a few days. Not exactly a "cheat" in the true sense because I stayed low calorie, but I had a couple of days of eating grains/starches that I don't eat on my low carb plan.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'3"

Maybe your body just needs a rest. Stick to it, it'll change eventually. (((hug))) I know it's frustrating. Onederland is right around the corner!!
ArtyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #9  
the aly bagel

Girls, I hit 203 today! Yay!!! Day before I start my vacation, so it is a nice mini present.

I had a friend tell me today that the fact I've only gone to the gym a few times in the last 2 weeks, it makes sense I stalled. Do you think that's true? From what I always understood, it is food that accounts for 90% of weight loss.
I didn't go to the gym today again so I felt bad hearing that, but I plan to go this weekend and during vacay.