Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #16  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Exercise is definitely a mood booster for me. I mean I don't get into a funk when I don't do it (and as someone who goes whole weeks without exercise depending on whats going on, it would suck if I funked out on lack of exercise). BUT I do feel better and more accomplished and more like I can take on the world with no limit,s when I get in my exercise. Who doesn't want to feel that way all the time?! It's a total high!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #17  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

I know that I just feel calmer and more content when I exercise. I know its the endorphins but that is aok. Right now its the only thing that does make the happiness feeling come my way! Not exercising does make me lazier and everyday that I don't makes it harder to do it again. The results of doing exercise tho... its Worth it!!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:19 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 200+/168/130

Height: 5'2''

I know exactly what you mean. I feel like a completely different person when I've not exercised, I get lethargic and unmotivated. As long as I fit in a walk or even 20 or so minutes of weights I change 100% and feel peppy and full of energy. I also happen to suffer from a mild form of SAD and even sitting under my sun lamp in the morning doesn't have as much of an affect on me as getting in some exercise.
CanadianMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #19  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I don't have to 'work out' every day, but I feel icky if I don't have some fairly decent physical activity. That could be a long walk on the South Bank. But the more I exercise the greater my need. So yesterday was kinda a bad day exercise wise but I did walk for a while and then I did a quick sesh of weights at the gym. I ended up counting that as my 'rest day'.

Probably just as well... as I've had my first 'pain free' day in a while. And when I say 'pain free' I mean - when I'm sitting still or lying down it doesn't hurt.

But we'll soon fix that!!! Rugby match tomorrow.
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

I'm in the same camp. I need activity just to feel normal. I used (and keep) exercising because it was a mood lifter too although I'm not sure I get those as much right now (I'm injured and I can't push myself too much) but when the endorphins are coursing through my body I love the world.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #21  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I just came off two weeks of not exercising. The first week was planned - but it caused the second week. My energy slid down so much I couldn't pull my butt out of bed to go!

I got back in this morning and I feel amazing! I definitely need it. It clears my head while I'm there, and I have energy for the day and I don't stiffen up. I'm just happier in general when I get it.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #22  

Height: 5'4

Since I've started weighing myself daily, my day often starts off on a sour note. I sometimes want to just whine and cry (and sometimes I actually do) but then it's off to the gym! 99% of the time I feel better once I'm done working out; my mood is much improved, my body is awake, and I feel like I've accomplished something.

If I don't workout not only am I lethargic, but I'm cranky! It also makes me feel like "well, since I didn't workout and I feel like crap I'm going to eat like crap!"... Yes, totally logical right?

I think that at this point I am one of those people that is both mentally and physically addicted to exercise.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #23  

Yep, I NEED my fix too. About 1-2 rest days a week, but other than that I will be working out, usually at an intense level. Even if my eating is out of whack, the exercise will always be there.
kelleyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:23 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 152/cw 147/gw 135/ugw 130

Height: 5'7''

I haven't been to the gym since saturday due to coming down with a bug. I feel a double frustration at not being able to exercise and consuming lots of calories from honey (in tea, super sore throat) and toast that I wouldn't normally consume. I know I need to eat to get healthy and shouldn't be down on myself because I'm sick... but I really just want to go to the gym!
bubblybarrister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #25  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

I definitely get in a funk if it's not a planned rest day, so I always workout during the work week but if I miss one for whatever reason, I'm in a foul mood for a while. I keep it to myself and I don't think anyone else notices, but that's usually when negative feelings will try to creep in and keep me down, so that is something I have been working on!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote