Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-26-2013, 07:11 AM   #76  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

I think yesterday was my last day of TTOM! Maybe I shouldn't celebrate just yet. We'll see how today goes. But if yesterday was the last that means TTOM was only 8 days this month. That's a huge improvement from the almost 3 weeks of last month.

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 159
Down: .8
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:43 AM   #77  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

That's a good sign Diana Hopefully your body is finally adjusting itself Thank you

My food is Planned for today mostly and my mindset of eating healthy is strong so all is good.Too tired to exercise today,will push for tomorrow

Last edited by OnaMi; 02-26-2013 at 07:48 AM.
OnaMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:28 AM   #78  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Misti I have tried every kind of headphone.. everyone here laughs. The ones that go around the ear and fit it are so ideal, except that after they wrap around my tiny ears they fall past my lobe I used to use regular headsets when I had hair (gave more volume) but now that I'm bald, they don't stay put, plus I can't wear them with hats. I was feeling hopeless until the yurbuds But now the entire family has tons of headsets...I can wear child hats and glasses I have a tiny head, tiny nose and tiny ears and no one here goes a day without mentioning one of them. Glad my body is finally matching my head better

Have fun with your IPOD
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:28 AM   #79  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Diana 8 days still seems like an eternity, but it beats three weeks!

Misti I'm so glad you like your ipod! Great idea about the dancing at work!

Well.... I'm going to share something embarrassing here. I have a beard, and since the weight loss it has gotten progressively thicker and darker. I finally got brave enough to grow it enough to wax or nair. I've never had much luck wax, so I bought what was supposed to be the most gentle depilitory cream on the market. I did the spot test, everything was fine. So I smeared it on my chin and my upper lip. It tingled, but no burning sensation or anything like that... until I scraped it off. Well, now I look like I have road rash all around my mouth and under my chin. And I have a job interview today. Isn't that fantastic? I couldn't cover it up before work because it was tender enough I needed some analgesic ointment, so I told all the guys I work with it was an allergic reaction. Talk about mortifying.

Scale was down .5 today, which is good, since I wasn't 100 percent back on plan yesterday. No swim today either, because I didn't want to risk getting chlorine on my face. 100 percent on plan today though, and I'm going to do some mall walking.

Yesterday Calories in: 1498
Cheddar cheese
Almonds
Ceasar salad
chicken wrap with sour cream
baked mac and cheese
smokies
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Diana--what a gorgeous dog! I don't have any children either and live alone so I understand how much a dog can mean.

Radiojane--pretty cool indeed! What an accomplishment!

Weighed in this morning at 155! Down 1.5lbs from last week and 19 lbs total. I can't wait for 20!

Yesterday 1200 cals on the nose

Morning
Coffee

Afternoon
Bagel
2 tbs light cream cheese
1 tbs margarine

Tea

I slice baguette

Evening

Chili (small serving)
3 slices baguette
1/2 cup frozen yogurt

Tea
3/8 cup dried peas
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:24 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Radiojane-- I meant your 25% was cool, not the beard of fire. That is definitely not cool. Poor you!
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #82  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

Almost 13,000 steps yesterday!! I usually aim for 10k on a good day, but somehow I just kept moving yesterday even after my workout was finished!

Also stayed within my calories consumed - less than 1500 yesterday. I am pretty happy about that even though it didn't reflect right away on the scale (up .1 today)...

Diana (and everyone else) - here is the dress (but in purple not fuschia):

It is more like the color of this dress:

I got it on clearance for $60 at Nordstrom Rack. I have 30 days to return it... so I can keep looking and take it back if I find another one I like better.
Gracenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #83  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

Radiojane - that is terrible! I hope you were able to cover it up enough. Just go into that interview with confidence anyway and I wouldn't mention the incident or bring unnecessary attention to it (don't apologize for it, etc.). I know the exact feeling - that has happened with my upper lip (aka mustache) before. I hate those creams for that exact reason. I prefer bleaching (sally hansen's has worked well for me). It thins out the hair as it is bleaching it.
Gracenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #84  
Trying to live below 200

Radiojane Ugh! On the possibility of difficult and prolonged TTOM's. You are so lucky to have a Naturopath in the family, though. Dang, sorry about the reaction. I wonder how well you would do with electrolysis? I had my eyebrows done a long time ago. The only problem is that a few years later I became hypothyroid. Now my brows are a little too thin for my liking. They were fine before the thyroid problem. Oh well, crap happens. I hope the interview went well. Let us know how it went. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, how about using some aloe vera on the irritation?

Misti Good job getting the extra activity in during work.

Katydid Good job on the weigh in! I'm glad your day went well.

Hungryhungryhippo I'm not sure of your drink of choice, but can you find something that you like but is less calories? I know red wine is usually a good choice, but I have even heard of people having wine spritzers (I think that's what they are called). So basically you are making a better choice and it's only 1/2 the calories of a glass of wine.

Mamakat Great job on the 1.6 pounds! You need some nice warm sunshine to melt that mess.

Ona Good job planning your day! Keep up the great work!

Fluffypuppy Congrats on the 1.5 pounds!

Gracenotes Good job on your food and activity! I love the dress and the purple color. That's a very good deal for the dress.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #85  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Thanks guys. It really is only bad under the chin right now and it's already scabbing. Looks like I hit the pavement biking. I'm not going to worry that much about it.

Diana I'm actually considering electrolysis. My mom had it done and she was happy with the results. Besides my 'redbeard' I have light hair all over my cheese that's not horribly noticeable, but definitely fuzzy.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #86  
Just watch me ...

Diana, thanks! Sometimes it’s like unraveling a ball of yarn. Make a lot of progress, then get stuck with another knot, make some progress with that, etc. etc.

Novangel, great about the contest!

Good going Fluffypuppy

So for the cat folks out there...I adopted a very sweet 3-year old male 2 months ago. He's adorable, gentle, very clean, etc. I also have a 17 year old female cat who is likewise very sweet, etc. The issue I am having, though, is that my little girl is really not appreciating the attention that her new brother is giving her. Although she has allowed him to lick her face on 2 occasions, she will otherwise hiss and growl at him and then starts to swat at him. He usually walks away, but when he sees her walking he comes up to her and she goes off. They either get into a tussle (which i think is play-based for him) and/or she runs away. They can eat with their food plates about a foot away from each other, and sometimes he's been able to stretch out within a couple of feet of her without an issue. Sometimes I let them both have the run of the apartment when I'm not around, some days - if they've been having issues - I'll have one in the bedroom and the other in the living room.

Any suggestions on how I could encourage them to both chill out?

Thanks.

Last edited by Exhale15; 02-26-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #87  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

Hey guys, I must have been gone for days... I was so sick and I guess I got out of habit? I hope everyone's doing well! I lost 3.5 lbs while I was away.

Diana I used to get periods that lasted for 10 days and it drove me insane. I can't imagine 3 weeks!

mamakat congrats on the weight loss! Fidgeting can burn up to 200 calories a day, I think, that's what I've read. It's a good thing because I can't stop moving my legs.

Radiojane an endocrinologist told me something about fat converting female hormones to androgens? I hardly remember what he said, so I can't translate it well but according to him we should be more hairy (for luck of a better word) when we're fat. I used to have 2-3 hairs in each follicle and now I have way less hairs so I thought that it was true. But I also have 2 hairs underneath my chin now... I pluck them out so they'll stop growing eventually, I guess but it's annoying and weird. My hormone levels were all messed up when I was at my highest weight and now everything is normal, so I can't explain it...

Gracenote that's a great dress and especially for that price.

Exhale15 cats can be very weird. You need to introduce them slowly to each other. I had two cats: Regina and Morgana. Poor Regina had to get used to me bringing strays at home all the time and she had accepted it, even though she didn't like it. She started having a problem with Morgana when she stayed longer than she expected and what I did was hide all their toys and ignore them. She got bored and started playing with Morgana. I knew that I could trust her, though, that's why I did it. Normally, I've read, you need to isolate the new kitten and only let them in the same room after the old cat has gotten used to smelling the new cat around the house. You keep the kitten in the carrier at first so the old cat doesn't get threatened for a few days. You also feed them together so they can see each other. Regina wouldn't let Morgana on my bed and Morgana wouldn't sleep without me, so I kept her in the carrier and it worked. You should find lots of information on the internet, though, just google it.
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #88  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Radiojane How long did it take for your Mom to see a difference with the electrolysis. I only needed a few treatments. It wasn't too bad for me.

Exhale I wish I could be of help with the cats. I have only ever had dogs.

Marniadec Glad you are feeling better. Good job on the 3.5 pounds.

Total Approx 1470 Calorie +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner 700 Calories
Very small piece of grilled salmon 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories
1 of DH's BBQ chicken wings 100 calories (my stomach has been grumbling and weird since I ate the wing with the bbq sauce. I think the body does adjust to healthier foods and doesn't like the other stuff.)

Exercise:
LM Sports Attack
Leslie Sansone 1 Mile Jog
Old 02-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #89  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

hi ladies! I've been MIA since the weekend...still at the same weight (up 2 pounds, water from impending TOM). Actually, TOM finally kicked in today after threatening for the last 5 days! whatever!

I had my fiber cereal and a chobani yogurt bite today, but then we (accounting department) went out for our annual celebrating the end of the audit lunch! We went to Gyu Kaku and it's just like korean bbq but it's japanese...so I had a few pieces of fried calamari (bad me!) a piece of a salmon volcano (sushi), another piece of some kind of spicy roll that was fried (bad again!), some edamame, rice, and a few different kinds of beef. I figure if I eat anything else tonight it will have to be veggie!!! I'm off to school early, need to get parking pass so I will get some exercise going up and down the 145 steps to the parking garage a few times!!! off I go, have a good evening!

oops, forgot I had a dessert too...mochi ice cream. it's green tea flavored ice cream in side a rice shell...very small though. I'm a piggie today!

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 02-26-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #90  
Trying to live below 200

Syckgirlsfv I hope your class goes well tonight.