Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/142/125

Height: 5'6

Unhappy Just feeling really down :(

Today I thought I was doing pretty good, I had two servings of kashi and some almond milk, which made me full. For lunch I had a bar and an apple, then I came home from school and went on a crazy eating spree. I wasn't even hungry and I ate a tortilla wrap with cottage cheese and spinach on it, a banana, a bowl of cereal, chicken. Then I decided not to eat anymore and then changed my mind and had a salad with a boca burger. UGH. I'm just so tired of these setbacks! I can't help thinking about how much I could have lost by now if this didn't occur so frequently. Any advice how to not eat so much when I get home will be appreciated! I think stress from school is the main cause, and not having time to run today really makes it even worse.
kassi14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #2  

I still think you are doing pretty good! Those all seem like normal meals to me so unless you ate boatloads of every item, I'd say you are still within your calorie limits for the day.

Don't be so hard on yourself! We all have rough days and one day won't wreck everything we are working so hard for.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

I hear ya kassi - I'm feeling the same way. I just cant seem to get on track because of a new job and TOM. A great combo right? Lol. Hang in there though. The important thing is you're still trying! You'll get this.
coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #4  
LRH

S/C/G: 152/132/127

Height: 5'5"

Stress usually does it to me, too. I don't think I have much to say in the way of advice, except that it does take 21 days to form a habit. The longer I go without "stress-eating," the less tempted I get to soothe myself with food. I guess the only thing I can say is take it one day at a time and realize that you can do this.
LRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

If I had a bowl of carbs for breakfast and a bar and an apple for lunch, I'd be eating everything in the house by 4:00. You need to eat some actual food, not just easy stuff that meets your caloric requirements but doesn't satisfy your taste buds or appetite. Try a quick egg white omelet in the morning with vegis and some canadian bacon. At lunch, for the same amount of calories as your bar and apple, you could have a huge salad of greens, vegis and grilled chicken with a bit of your favorite dressing, and you get to actually feel like you're eating something. People are a lot less likely to lose control later in the day if they're really satisfied with what they ate earlier.

Yes, it takes a bit more effort, but getting up twenty minutes early to throw it all together actually makes you feel like you're doing something healthy and good for yourself and you'll feel a lot less bingey later in the day.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #6  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

I am so sorry that that happened to you. Maybe try drinking a big glass of cold water/tea or some hot tea after you have eaten what you initially wanted to - it might fill you up before the other food gets into your mind. Just a thought You will find a way. You really will. Remember.. Noone is perfect and everyone has had slip ups. It is so good that you realized it
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Sorry to hear about your setback - I have no idea what Kashi is... but I find that if I dont eat in the morning, or if I have a meal replacement in the morning I eat way too much in the afternoon - if its a meal replacement shake - try having it later in the day when your not doing much - you could try flip your day - have your dinner for breakfast so your burning your calories and your replacement shake for dinner.. then have a bath or do something relaxing away from food..... Keep it up - we will get there ... (well I want to loose half my body weight .. or another person basically so set backs suck )
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #8  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin41 View Post
If I had a bowl of carbs for breakfast and a bar and an apple for lunch, I'd be eating everything in the house by 4:00.
My same exact thoughts.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:16 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 164/142/125

Height: 5'6

Thank all of you! Is the kashi really what caused it though? Cause it seems more psychological to me but maybe you all are right. Does eggs wrapped in a low fat tortilla sound better in the mornings?
kassi14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #10  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Ya I'd definitely ditch the super carby breakfast and add protein, like EVERYWHERE!!!

Eggs are definitely a nice way to get some protein in! I'm not anti carb at all, but if I choose something like oatmeal for breakfast instead of my eggs, I'm eating the world by lunch time. I can have carbs all I like, but I HAVE to have protein with it or it triggers binges for me. Not everyone is like this, but I have found that I am.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #11  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin41 View Post
Yes, it takes a bit more effort, but getting up twenty minutes early to throw it all together actually makes you feel like you're doing something healthy and good for yourself and you'll feel a lot less bingey later in the day.
Another suggestion, if you don't want to get up early, is to put the eggs into a tupperware with whatever mix ins you want the night before, then in the morning toss it in the microwave.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 427/412/240

I understand how you feel. On Friday, I had a 21oz steak, garlic mashed potatoes, and lobster mac n cheese. On Saturday I had a buffet breakfast and pigged out on bacon, sausage, eggs, biscuits, gravy, hashbrowns, etc.... on Sunday, pretty much the same. I was disappointed in myself as well. However, after I weighed myself, I saw that I still lost .5 pounds over the weekend.

I'm thinking its because I drink a ton of water throughout the day which keeps me feeling full longer. I don't make it a habit to eat like the above, but this was a get away weekend for me and my wife. I planned ahead to eat like crazy by only eating once on those days, and then juicing and drinking water for the rest of the day.

I'm clearly not an expert, but maybe more water and multiple small meals throughout the day will help you keep from pigging out so much when the craving hits. Or you can drink water first when that craving hits, then eat. You'll feel full faster.

Your slight binge probably wasn't as bad as you think it was. It sounds MUCH MUCH healthier than what I did this weekend.

Follow my journey: www.mydietry.com

Last edited by 427pounder; 02-20-2013 at 10:51 AM.
427pounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 427/412/240

Also, for breakfast, I usually drink an 18oz glass of Naked (brand name) Green Juice or V8 in combination with 16.9 oz of water at 9am. I usually feel full until around 11am, then do it again every two hours or have a tuna sandwich. You get the urge to chew on something, but you don't really get as hungry as you usually would when you just eat an apple.
427pounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #14  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Eggs are definitely a nice way to get some protein in! I'm not anti carb at all, but if I choose something like oatmeal for breakfast instead of my eggs, I'm eating the world by lunch time. I can have carbs all I like, but I HAVE to have protein with it or it triggers binges for me. Not everyone is like this, but I have found that I am.
Truth. Sometimes I'll do oatmeal. Very rarely cereal. But for me breakfast has to be a real meal with some protein umph
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #15  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Eat more during the day so you're not starving to death by dinnertime! Also you need protein and fat, eating too low protein/low fat makes even the most stalwart and motivated people snap and binge.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote