Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #1  

Default I feel like a complete & utter failure

I have been on SBD phase 1 for 13 days now, 100% no cheating and already seeing some results. Today I derailed big time. I didn't eat anything today besides some sugar free jello early in the morning, because I had been running around all day long. My family ordered pizza this evening and I was super hungry. I ordered a salad, but they didn't have low fat so I went ahead and got ranch (first mistake), when it got here it had croutons and cheese on it but I went ahead and ate it anyways. Then I went ahead and ate some pizza, ugh I feel so down! I went to the grocery store to get more of my SBD food for tomorrow but I just feel like I've messed up everything now, this just sucks Is it normal to go off and cheat like this so far into a diet? I WANT to continue what I'm doing, I WANT to stick to my diet... I just hate feeling this way after being so proud of myself...
sillyNilly123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 164/142/125

Height: 5'6

If it makes you feel any better, I had five pieces of cheesecake, pizza, four pieces of chicken, and chips and dip last week! It really hasn't held me back as I thought it would. Im still the same weight! Just let it go and keep eating right. You CAN work it off. and it's ok to eat your favorite foods sometimes.
kassi14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:55 PM   #3  

Height: 5"6

I agree! The hardest part is getting started and you've already done that! It would be ENTIRELY unrealistic to think you can never have pizza or croutons ever again! It also sounds like you hadn't a lot that day- make sure you eat enough during the day In the 13 days on plan, you've proven you can live life without that pizza. Now, try to go 14 days this time without pizza. Trust us- it's all mental! You haven't failed! Enjoy the indulgence and get back on track We believe in you!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/255/Healthy, Happy, Strong

Height: 5'7"

You are absolutely not a failure. Get that out of your head right now. You ate off your current plan, but it isn't the end of the world at all. (For a lot of people a less restrictive meal is part of their plan.) For one, it doesn't sounds like you gorged yourself on pizza but you just ate some. I know that you are doing a South Beach diet, but with just the jello the rest of the day you may have still been on target calorie wise if you were on just a calorie counting plan.

You are going to have slips especially on restrictive plans. It is going to happen. The best thing to do is to forgive yourself, step back and evaluate what you can learn from the situation. In this case being so hungry drove you to make poor choices you likely wouldn't have otherwise. A practical suggestion is to carry some acceptable snacks around with you just in case you can't sit down for a "real" meal.

Part of any successful weight loss journey is learning how to bounce back gracefully when we fail to meet our own personal expectations and goals. It sounds like you have been doing great so far. You can do this!

Renwomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #5  
MaryGee

I'm not at all familiar with SBD -- but eating nothing but sugar-free jello is setting yourself up for trouble. You've got to take care of yourself -- on SBD can you keep energy/power bars handy for emergencies? I'm sure the salad didn't do damage. Maybe not "on program" but a good choice under the circumstances. And the pizza -- I'm sure you're still ok as long as you didn't eat the whole thing!

The important thing is you went out and got SBD food for tomorrow -- so as long as you don't eat anything more today and get back on track tomorrow you should be fine.

Lesson learned: Be prepared - always have something you can eat on the busiest day.

forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #6  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

So you had a bad day!

If you had a super nice, expensive set of fabulous china, and you broke one plate, would you smash the rest of them?

Not likely.

So, you were a bit off track. As long as you get right back on it will all be fine.

What you need to do is learn from what happened today, so you are more prepared in the future.

One thing I have learned, no matter how much we try and do, some days, life will throw you a curve ball, and all we can do is the best we can at the moment.

The important thing is to not lose sight of the long term, for the sake of beating yourself over the head with a wet noodle over one off plan meal.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #7  

You guys are absolutely amazing! After reading all of your responses it really cheered me up, and I'm so optimistic to get up tomorrow and get back to my routine! Thank you so much for all of your kind words, feedback and advice, you really gave me the extra confidence to get back on track with a positive attitude!

Last edited by sillyNilly123; 02-16-2013 at 09:38 PM.
sillyNilly123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:50 AM   #8  

Height: 5'4

One thing you might want to ask yourself is; Is South Beach Diet a realistic plan for you? It doesn't sound like you ate a lot of calories at the end of the day, but you're beating yourself up over foods that didn't agree with your program.

If you focused on counting calories with an emphasis on healthy foods instead of thinking of certain foods as "bad" or "off limits" it might be a more livable for you.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by forreal View Post
I'm not at all familiar with SBD -- but eating nothing but sugar-free jello is setting yourself up for trouble. You've got to take care of yourself --
Well said. I'm not familiar with SBD either, but agree that it is important to take (or "make") time to eat and care for yourself.

Forreal, On those busy days there MUST be some things that you can carry along with you and eat!!

But a slip up is not "the end of the world" so when it happens we just have to climb right back on that wagon.

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 02-17-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:40 AM   #10  
Midnight Snack Deflector

S/C/G: 122/116.6/110

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassi14 View Post
If it makes you feel any better, I had five pieces of cheesecake, pizza, four pieces of chicken, and chips and dip last week! It really hasn't held me back as I thought it would. Im still the same weight! Just let it go and keep eating right. You CAN work it off. and it's ok to eat your favorite foods sometimes.
oh god that sounds...so amazing
Breeandbutton is offline   Reply With Quote