Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 03:47 PM   #31  

I got this in an email and thought it was cute.

RULES FROM THE MALE SIDE
We always hear "the rules" from the female side. Now here are the
rules from the male side. Please note:
# 1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up,
put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us
complaining about you leaving it down.

# 2. Sometimes we are not thinking about you. Live with it.

# 3. Sunday = sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

# 4. Shopping is NOT a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it
that way.

# 5. Crying is blackmail.

# 6. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints
do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just
say it! We'll get it for you, but just LET US KNOW WHAT YOU WANT!!!

# 7. We don't remember dates. Mark birthdays and anniversaries on the
calendar. Remind us frequently beforehand.

# 8. Most guys own three pairs of shoes. What makes you think we'd be
any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good with your dress?

# 9. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every
question. Please pick one.

#10 . Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it.
That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

# 11. A headache that lasts for seventeen months is a problem. See a doctor.

# 12. Let us know about that funny noise in your car engine as soon as
you hear it.

# 13. Anything we said six months ago is inadmissible in an argument.
In fact, all comments become null and void after seven days.
# 14. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect
us to act like soap opera guys.

# 15. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us. We
refuse to answer, but still love you.

# 16. If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the
ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

# 17. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during
commercials.

# 18. Christopher Columbus did not need directions, and neither do
we.

# 19. The relationship is never going to be like it was the first two
months we were going out. Get over it. And quit whining to your girlfriends.

# 20. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings.
Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what Mauve is

# 21. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.

# 22. We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of
mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.

#23. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like
nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

# 24. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an
answer you don't want to hear.

# 25. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is
fine. Really, you look fine!!!

# 26. It is neither in your best interest or ours to take the quiz
together. No, it doesn't matter which quiz.

# 27. Football is as exciting for us as handbags are for you.

# 28. I AM in shape. ROUND is a shape

Thank you for reading this. Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch
tonight, but did you know we really don't mind that, it's like camping.
Old 05-13-2003, 03:49 PM   #32  
BELIEVE!

Hi Chicks! Just popping in for a quick afternoon Hello!
Having a pretty good day on this end - no complaints! Just ready to head home in about an hour and enjoy my evening of exercise, the dogs and American Idol -- and hoping Jeff gets to come home tonight.

Tracy -- You go girl!! Good job at the gym last night --- and, going back today --- even better!

Sara --- Thank you for sharing your ephipany with us!!! You are not preachy at all!!! I love it when you share your revelations!!! I know I have said it before, but you give me so much inspriration!

2cute --- try not to let all of those things get you down at once. I know you have an awful lot to think about, try to tackly one issue at a time. I always think in baby steps than the huge picture!!! I really meant what I said about "taking care of myself". I am not on a diet --- I have changed my lifestyle. For my weight? Yes, but also for a million other reasons. Happiness, Health, wanting to get pregnant, I want to love life!!! I know I am not going to do all these things overnight. I am taking it one day, one pound, one thing at a time...

Deon - Glad to see you checking in and letting us know you are doing well. I hope you get to feeling better soon so you can get out there walking again!

Mary --- So happy to hear that your sister is doing well!

Steph --- YIPPEE!!!! 5 pounds!!!!

Kat --- That "to do" list sounds very familiar! There are always a million things to do around the house! Your gym sounds great -- seems to have a lot of different classses.

Sandy --- Pleased to hear that today sees you in a better mood!!! I know financial issues can be very difficult to deal with.
I hope you continue to have a good day!

Amanda --- By now you have probably already left for you shopping trip!! You can do it. Take a big bottle of water and a healthy snack with you to avoid other munchies. Long car rides can be tough. I commute over an hour to work everyday and I use to always think I needed a soda and candy bar on the way home! What in the world was I thinking. Now I just take some water and sometimes a piece of fruit! Let us know how you did! Good or bad we are here for you!!!!

Also, I know how hard the hubby thing is --- my hubby really needs to lose weight but hasn't gotten the motivation yet. He is still eating at McDonalds and bringing junk home. I found that I have to do what Sara said --- no junk in the house. Then I'll just eat it. The other night he wanted dessert -- the only thing I usually keep is some kind of low-fat/sugarfree popsicles. So I told him if he wanted dessert he would have to get in the car and go buy it. Did he? So, I accomplished two things -- it wasn't in the house for me to eat and he didn't feel like getting in the car, so he didn't eat anything either! Good for both of us! I am also trying to seriously think before I put anything in my mouth --- I ask myself, "do I need this or do I want this". A lot of times I stop myself realizing I was about to do some "mindless eating". If you all are like me you can end up eating something without even realizing what you are doing.

Well, I've been here too long --- I'll check in tonight!
Love,
Barb
Old 05-13-2003, 03:54 PM   #33  
A Work In Progress

Talking Hey

Another successful day in the making for me. I have plans to go to the gym again tonight too. I guess I will have to sneak out of Lee's baseball game a little early to be able to go to the gym. Maybe he wont mind. I am also going out to Walmart after the gym and buying a bathroom scale. That way I will be able to weigh in every week with everyone else.

Sara- It is so nice to hear from you on here. I want to say congrats on getting to your goal. You have done fabulous and I know you will be able to keep the weight off.

Amanda- It sure is hard when the rest of the family can eat what they want. Keep your chin up, you can do this!!!

Steph- Great to see you my fellow water pal!

2Cute- I think it would be great to have a get together in the fall. I would also like to lose 100 pounds by then and I will.

Sandy- I am glad that your financial situation is looking up. That is one of my many stresses.

Kat- Sculpt AND yoga?? You are on a roll girl!! I like the gym also but I dont know if I am ready for any classes yet.

Mary- Congrats on the exercising lately. Keep it up!! Now go pamper yourself and have your hair done.

Deon- Maybe the fall get together could be in a central location to everybody because we would want you there also.

Barb- I really need to save money instead of going to the gym too but right now I have a 2 week pass so I dont know if I will be joining yet or not.

Michelle- Congrats on 9.2 pounds!!! WOW!!! I wanna be like you when I grow up. Sorry to hear about you and your little buddy being sick

Lori- WOW! Our very own movie star! Let us know the details.

Tina- I think you should be able to be comfy at work. I bet you are spoiled now. You are sitting there thinking of buying some new PJ's for work arent you

Jen- What a sweet hubby!!

Duckie- Way to go on the 2 lbs!!! That is a great loss and I would take it any day.

OK now that is everyone that has posted!! Like Tina said, if you were not replyed to...........Come in and POST!!!

Hugs,
Tracy
Old 05-13-2003, 03:56 PM   #34  
I'm on my way!

Good afternoon ladies!!

Just another quickie before I go pick up the boy from daycare. I had a meeting with the social worker today for getting him into a preschool to continue his participation with the teacher that comes to the house once a week to help him develop his speaking. Once he turns 3 in Sept. they won't come to the house anymore.

I got a few errands run today too while I didn't have to drag him in and out of the car all day. I feel guilty on my day off leaving him there but sometimes....a woman's gotta do what a womans gotta do to get the stuff done in a timely fashion!! I picked up a new battery for my nextel phone. Mine isn't holding the charge but till 4 pm! Thats not working for me since I work till 6:30 each night...I also went to the family shoe store and got Andrew a new pair of stride rite sneakers. His were getting worn plus I had a $5 off coupon. While I was there I seen a cute pair of boat shoes for him, they were slate blue, pale green and tan. Really really cute so I had to get them too! Then I stopped at the super market to pick up a few things and I got a salad from the salad bar. Healthy stuff...no potato salad or macaroni salads and stuff like that...I didnt' even use any dressing on it. The beets and artichokes were moist enough. But that didn't last long because I started...yuk never mind...just know it didn't stay in my stomach, and neither did my peanut butter english muffin I had for breakfast this morning! I guess thats a good way to lose weight huh? NOT!

Hey has anyone tried those ice cream thingys on a stick called Philly Swirls? I got a box of them today...they chocolate ones, they have fudgy, banana choclate, strawberry chocolate and something else I can't remember...all in one box...I tried the banana one and the fudgy one...ummmmmummmummm....and only 1 pt. each!

Well I did manage to get the dishes done and I mailed out my mother's mother day presents...I know rotten daughter...mailed them late!

OK Gotta run and get the boy!

Talk at you all later! Michelle
Old 05-13-2003, 04:41 PM   #35  
Dancing those pounds away

STOP !!!! DO NOT POST HERE.
INSTEAD COME JOIN US IN THE NEXT ONGOING THREAD... # 334
Closed Thread