Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 11:50 PM   #16  
A Work In Progress

Hello gals!

I did it! I went to the gym tonight with my friend. We went at 7:30 and there were only about 12 people there and that was including us. That must be a good time to go. I had a good workout. Went 30 minutes on the treadmill at about 3 miles per hour. Did 10 minutes on the exercise bike and did some upper body work. I feel so good!!! We are supposed to go again tomorrow at the same time.

Michelle- I forgot to tell you but my son is also 2. He will be 3 September 18th so he is a week younger than Andrew.

Barb- I love karaoke. I would stay and sing all night if I could. Closest thing to American Idol that I will ever get.

To everyone else hi and big hugs!! Oh yeah I almost forgot. I weighed at the mall last week and then I weighed tonight at the gym so if the scales are accurate I have lost about 6 pounds in the last week!!! I am on my way!!

Tracy

Tracy
Old 05-12-2003, 11:53 PM   #17  

Angry Howdy Chickies!

Today I was in a contemplative mood as I sat in the shopping center. I was people watching and sipping a cup of coffee when I was suddenly reminded, in an epiphany sort of way, of one of the truths of my new lifestyle.

Food doesn't control me.

It doesn't hold power over me anymore. Instead, I hold the power. I enjoy eating still and I can treat myself occasionally but the majority of what I eat now keeps me true to myself.

This re-discovery of the truth that helped me half my body weight renewed my spirit a bit. It's funny... while I was losing weight, I had an incredible will--an iron will--and I rarely strayed in any real way from my eating plan. When I reached the maintance stage however, I let myself indulge a bit in foods previously forbidden and I began having some issues with binging. (Nothing certifiable, but an issue with me nevertheless.)

As many of you will probably be able to relate to, during a binge my entire frame of mind changed and I felt like the food was entirely in control. I told myself my eating was out my hands. My mind was consumed with thoughts of food.

See? In those moments, I forgot my ephipany. I truly am in control.

Later, walking through the mall, I passed a package of candies (these little, juicy sorbee pigs... kinda ironic) that are particularly tempting to me and for a moment, I looked at them wistfully... then I reminded myself--those foods have no control over me-- and I walked away without a backward glance.

Those foods have no control over me. They will not dominate my thoughts.

That's what I discovered last year and I re-discovered today.

Congrats to all you losers this week, by the way! Spring 2004, at our reunion... or just union I guess... we're all gonna be a bunch of skinnies!

Ten-four chickies!

Last edited by SaraJoy; 05-12-2003 at 11:59 PM.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:09 AM   #18  
Dancing those pounds away

One more post before getting off here.
I am a little ... NO ..... A LOT depressed lately.
I am OVERWHELMED with clutter all around my house.
Moving home so much of my parents belongings and no where to go with it all. There are many family heirlooms and keepsakes and I have NO WHERE TO PUT IT ALL. My house now looks like a storage building instead of a home.

Plus.. being gone so much my house has gone to pots.
Plus... two of my kids are having some personal problems and that is KILLING ME !!!! I hurt sooooooooo bad for them.
Plus... wanting this damn fat off of me...
Plus... my husband is causing me stress...
Plus... need I go on.????

Lori... I too have a dentist appointment on the 28th. Between the both of us surely we can remind each other. Congrats on the new role.

Michelle... 9.2 lbs How did you manage that???
Way to go !!!!!

Barb... I liked what you said... "Being in a good mood since taking care of myself". I liked that you did not say since losing weight.
Taking care of yourself !!!! I am proud of you.

Tina... come on girl... if you have something to say... Just SPIT IT OUT !!!
Tina... do you have vacation time in the fall???

Jen... What a sweet story about your hubby getting that hug to you.
You said you probably will stay state side until Aug.... when does hubby come back?

Duckie... WAY TO GO losing another 2lbs.

Amanda ... I LOVE CARROT CAKE. That and cheese cake are my two favorites.
Otherwise I prefer pies and cobblers.

Kat.. I have you down for next years Spring Fling.

Yes... I have us ALL down for a Spring Fling next year.
I would love to plan it for here so I can reserve us rooms and dinners and entertainment and .... well you name it and I will get it.
OR ..."surprise" you with a good old fashion OKLAHOMA WELCOME !!!!! Yee hah !!!!!

If we each put 1 dollar away for each pound we lose from now until then we could easily have some spending money. $$$$ You really need to hide it away though so you don't spend it. We spent more than a dollar or two a week on junk food and POP.
If you just put 2 dollars away just for the sake of saving money to spend then you would have $100 !!!! A get together is a worthy goal.

Okay ladies... I am going to go find me a vase or a glass jar or a "spittoon" to stash my money away in right now.
I am going to lose 100 lbs and save $2 a week to give me a grand total of $200 for our Spring Fling !!!!!
This is the first time I have smiled all day.

Ooppss... several posted while writing this... I have to go back and read.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 05-13-2003 at 12:14 AM.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:26 AM   #19  

Arrow more

Mary...I am happy for your sister. I am more happy for your commitment to exercise. I am so PROUD of you !!!!

Tracy... exercise and losing 6lbs who could ask for more??
I have NEVER sang kareoke... nor will I ever. LOL .. I am a TERRIBLE singer. But I LOVE to sing. LOL . I also LOVE American Idol. I hate for any of them to lose now.

Sara... I love it when you share your ephipanies with us.
It shows us what we have to look forward to. Bless you.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:36 AM   #20  

Angry Hi again!

2Cute: That money jar is a great idea! Rewarding yourself throughout weight loss, for reaching certain goals, is an amazing motivater! (I should have done that money jar thing.... except I had to buy four new (small) wardrobes throughout my weight loss and that took a (very welcome) chunk outta my finances!)

Btw, thanks for asking about the book. At times, I feel like I've abandoned writing it... and then something inspires me (like today) and I add a little bit more to it. So... who knows? Maybe it will get written... and maybe it won't!

AND... I just wanted to tell you that I'm so happy you weathered that storm okay. It must have been shocking to hear it was headed straight for you!

Lori: You must be SO excited about the film! Do you play a particular character? Is it a paid role? Tell me! I'm trying to live vicariously through you!

Gotta get myself ta bed!
Old 05-13-2003, 03:14 AM   #21  

Sara... you made my point for me about hiding the money from yourself too.
There is always a reason to use that money. Kids, food, skinny clothes.
BUT... you would have found the money elsewhere anyways.
HIDE that money jar and DO NOT BREAK DOWN and use a penny of it for anything!!!!! Don't even promise yourself you will put it back later. I am talking a dollar here. It won't be missed and even if it is.... YOU EARNED IT.

COMMITMENT to yourself. COMMITMENT to NOT spend that money.
Come **** or high water.... that money is NOT to be spent.

(Okay... I know you can do what you want... I am just hyped about us losing and meeting each other. ) Plus... you would have spent it anyways on something else. I just think we DESERVE to do this for ourselves.
Okay..... Off my soapbox.
Old 05-13-2003, 03:38 AM   #22  

Hello! Hello! Just a quick short note. I am doing great. Taking some time to read all these posts, by the time I get done reading I am too tired to post.

I am doing ok on eating, a little struggle here and there, but I am surviving. If I could just get over this stinkin cough I would feel much better. I want to get back to walking. I am feeling so confident and I dont want to lose that, just because of a cold.

Well I am very jealous, I want to go meet Tina. All of you seem to be a closer to each other. I am way out here in Oregon all by my lonesome. Some day I will get the money and the guts, to fly and go visit everyone. I have never been on an airplane. Am very afraid to fly. But when I get skinny, I will buy a ticket and we will have that reunion.

Well must go now, it is way past bed time. I will try to do more catching up tomorrow.
Old 05-13-2003, 07:58 AM   #23  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Good Morning all my lovely chickies

How are you this morning?
I have been saving all my loose change for over a year now. I put it in a can and tuck it away. So maybe I'll use it to meet all of you.

I haven't started my WATP tapes yet.

My legs are sore from the glider.

Great job to all of you that have weight loses. I am still holding but hopefully soon I will start dropping again.

I have so much to do lately at work and at home too.

My sister is still doing good I haven't had a chance to see her yet.
My step-mother has been keeping me posted though.

Today is my 10-7 day. I am getting a new perm on Fri. afternoon after my reference workshop. I have been thinking about having my hair frosted although mother nature is frosting it already.

Tina: we live so close we should plan on meeting sometime soon. I have every other Sat off.

Well I better run catch you all later
Old 05-13-2003, 09:47 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Hey chickies! I didn't get a chance to post at all yesterday, but I had to pop in to let you know that I lost another 5 lbs this week. So that's a total of 8 lbs in 2 weeks. I'm still going to Curves everyday Mon- Fri. Well, I have a bunch of posts to read so I'll try to reply to everyone later.
Steph
Old 05-13-2003, 10:21 AM   #25  
a work in progress...

Default Good Morning chicks...

What's new, kittycats?

I have a few minutes to post, then I have to go vacuum before the window man comes. I know this is going to be another big bucks adventure, but we really need to replace the front window. About 10 years ago, we put in all new windows, except for the picture window...so it's time. Then we need to fix the driveway and the sidewalk...then we need some trees trimmed, then I'd like to put pavers in the back yard, where the dog has worn the grass away to one big rut, by then I'd like some new carpeting, a new mattress...etc, etc, etc........I could go on and on!! I guess I'll settle for a new window and focus on tuition payments instead.

Diet and exercise are still going strong! Last night, I took a Sculpt class, then a Yoga class at the gym. Surprisingly, I'm not as sore today as I thought I would be...must be getting used to all of this. I can't "weight" for tomorrow's WI (not Wisconsin)...I'm trying to stay off the scale til then.

I'll be back to do replies later...Have a good day everyone!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 05-13-2003 at 10:54 AM.
Old 05-13-2003, 10:57 AM   #26  

Morning girls,
I woke up in a much better mood today. Finally we got some good financial news and are back on track, so the pressure is finally off my shoulders. I think I worry about money so much because when I was a kid we had NONE!!!

Michelle: 9.2 lbs........wow, my eyes must have popped out of my head. Good for you . I hope you are all feeling better too.

Kat: Can't wait to see what the scale grants you.

Steph: way to go on the 5 lbs.... ...lots of good losses in here this week. Good going on the Curves thing too.

Mary: Way to go with the exercise. Don't work to hard on that long shift today.

Deon: I live way up here in New England, so I'm far away from eveyrone too. Well Kat lives in Jersey I think, but thats a ways from me and Duckie and Sara are up in Canada, and although Canada is above Maine, it is also above a lot of other states and geography is not one of my better subjects.

But I would love to meet up with everyone somewhere.

2Cute: hope you are finding homes for all the stuff you are storing at your house. I hope all is going well.

Sara: you always have such inspirational words of wisdom, and they make me stop and think. Thanks

Tracy: glad you found a nice time (7:30) to go to the gym and enjoy it. Congrats on the 6 lbs too.....

Tina: Jammies to work? I'm so jelous. You would think that bosses would realize if you could dress casual you would get so much more work done. I'd love to go to work in my jeans and tee shirt and sneakers instead of dress pants/skirt/shirt and heels....

Lori: "WOW" a part in a movie? Thats too cool. Is it a big part? Hope your weather is better today, is it still windy? We are having rain now......uggggghhhhhh, makes the days gloomy.

Barb: Boy you had a buys day yesterday. Thanks for your concern and the huggs. Things are better now, and I am almost back to myself.....hope to soon be my happy self again?

Jen: I loved the hug story and how hubby got it to you. What a man, and what a memory to treasure.

Duckie: 2 lbs is wonderful keep up th good work.

Amanda: Carrot cake!!! That is one of my favorites, I deffinetly kept that recipe. Thanks.

Okay, I think I got everyone? If I missed anyone please forgive me!! I have even been popping back to the thread to make sure I got everyone. If I forgot you......please accept this {hug}.

I'm off to town now to do some much needed shopping that has been put off for a while. Talk to you all later. Have a nice day.
Old 05-13-2003, 11:46 AM   #27  

Hi guys....

Deon...I don't know if I am afraid to fly... but ...
I do know that I am afraid of not fitting into the seats. LOL
I have flown twice and the first time I loved it because I was in awe of flying through and above the clouds. I remember thinking... "If I die... it was worth it." LOL
The second time I flew... I said..."Nope, it is not worth it anymore."
Our vacations are limited to where we can drive to and drive home in one week. That really limits my possibilities.
Now you know why I can't do a gathering with everyone until I lose my weight....or at least 100lbs of it. But Oregon sounds like a place I would like to go when I can.

Sara... I will keep reminding you about your book because I want to see if there is any mention of a short, fat , gray haired granny who is just 2cute to not mention.

Kat... your "to do" list for your house sounds like mine. NEVER ENDING !!!! Grrrr
And trust me.... you are going to wish that tuition is your only expense for college. It is only the appetizer.

Sandy... you are right. We are spread out all over the place.
I bought a placemat at Walmart of the United States and have pins where everyone lives and we are EVERYWHERE. We even have AUSTRALIA again.
I miss Malia who was from Hawaii. That is where we should all go... and hunt her down. LOL

Okay... my Tuesday Tip.

There is no time like the present.
Start your weight loss commitment TODAY !!!
Just like Sara always said... "next year at this time you are going to wish you had started TODAY" (sorry if I messed that up Sara)

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 05-13-2003 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:29 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Well I'm back with my replies as promised.
Lori- Wow that was some strong wind you had. Apart in a movie, very cool!
2Cute- What kind of veggies do you get at Outback? Sorry you are feeling out of sorts and overwhelmed.
Mary- Glad your sister is ok and your son is doing well with the job. Way to go on the exercise.
Aradia- Good job on fitting into the smaller top.
Sandy- The spagetti dinner sounds like it was alot of fun. Glad you are in a better mood. I hear ya on the financial stress.
Tracy- I feel the same way about water. That's cool that you and Tina are going to meet. Good job on going to the gym and on the 6 lbs. My daughter will be 3 on Oct 20.
Amanda- that carrot cake sounds yummy.
Kat- I also intend to be at goal next Spring. Congrats to your sister on her winnings. Wow! You got lots of exercise. I'm sure you will have a great weigh in.
Duckie- Glad to see you posting more. Congrats on the 2 lbs.
Jen- That was a very sweet gesture from your hubby. What kind of surgery are you having again?
Tina- Pjs to work? You lucky girl.
Michelle- Sorry you and Andrew aren't feeling well. 9.2 lbs! Way to go!
Barb- Way to go on getting in some exercise.
Sara- I love your epiphanies. They really get me thinking. You are such an inspiration. I can't wait to be where you are.
Deon- hope you feel better.
Well I think that's everyone.
Steph
Old 05-13-2003, 01:25 PM   #29  

Height: 5'7"

Talking Hello Ladies

Hi to everyone,
I hope you are all having a wonderful day. I will post individual replies later today. Right now I checked in because I needed some reaffirmation. I'm getting ready to go to the store (60 miles away) and do my big shopping trip. Your thoughts and prayers would be appreciated. That my sound dramatic, but yesterday I went to the store just to grab a few things and I was doing great until my hubby showed up with the money. He saw that our store had a dozen donuts and he just had to have them. (Our store doesn't usually carry those sorts of things.) I told him he could have them if he kept them hidden from me. Did he do that? I was taking a nap and when I got up there they were on the counter, open so of course I had to have one. Now he took them out of the house. I'm going on this shopping trip alone, so it should be easier. My hubby has good intentions, but he also has a really sweet tooth. When I'm trying to eat healthy he still wants to have chips with his sandwich at lunch and dessert a couple of times a day. It makes it really hard. I should be able to just resist, right? Can I? The donut thing really upset me because I didn't even want them. they were the farthest thing from my mind at the time.

So anyway, pray for me to find the strength and motivation to stand up to my hubby. I love him and he gets so hurt when I tell him we can't buy a big box of cookies, or whatever that I usually capitulate. I just can't do that anymore, I'm tired of being this size. I want to have energy again.

Okay, enough obsessing on that. I will be strong when I shop today. Just my daughter and I are going, so that will make things easier. See you later. Hope your days are going well.

Old 05-13-2003, 02:48 PM   #30  

Smile Amanda...

I just wanted to pop in here for a second to reply to you. It IS hard to resist food temptations when they are right in your face. For the most part, my house is cheat-food free and I am extremely lucky to have a husband that is 99% okay with it. (1% of the time, I hear something like "Will we ever have cheese in the house again?!" To which I reply, "Probably not. When it's there, I eat too much of it." He makes a pouty face but understands.)

I guess, for me, it's a combination of realizing that I am truly in control of my eating and a bunch of tricks (like keeping the food outta the house) so I don't have to exercise my control everytime I walk through the kitchen.

Hmmm. Have you tried sitting down and having a serious discussion with your hubby about what you need to stay on plan. Put it in terms of your life, your health, your happiness... lay it all out there. If he's got a sweet tooth, have him keep that stuff at his work. If he feels he needs dessert in the evening, have him pop out (without you) to the donut shop. Whatever it takes to make your home the best possible environment for your weight loss.

Well, that's my know-it-all two cents! If there's one thing I've learned about dieting, it's that everybody is different; the plan I put myself on worked for me but others are successful using their own plan. The trick--whatever diet you're on--is sticking to it, getting back up if you fall down, and realizing that you have the power within yourself to accomplish your weight loss goals!

Wooeeey! I hope no one finds me too preachy... my posts are just as much for my own state of mind as they are for anyone else's. In saying things like "Food does not dictate or control my thoughts--I do. I am in complete control of what goes into my mouth", I am mostly empowering myself!

Must clean!

Last edited by SaraJoy; 05-13-2003 at 03:03 PM.
Closed Thread