Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-13-2013, 07:44 AM   #1  
Newb!

Default Lent - Eating Healthier Motivation?

Hey guys, on fb some of my friends pointed out that it's Lent, the time before Easter where you give up something for forty days I've decided to give up junk food/candy/sugary things. I hope I make it all forty days

Were any of you thinking of doing something like this?
Ms A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #2  

Height: 5'1

Same as you. Cutting out junk food, sweets and chocolate. I have allowed myself to still eat crisps as I don't eat them often. But they can keep me going.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I was going to try to cut out sugar/candy...but I broke that at work today when I had a mini York peppermint patty without really thinking. Whoops

But then I was at the gym this afternoon and it hit me. I am going to plan on giving up "excuses" for Lent. No more talking myself out of going to the gym or thinking that the Saturday after my weigh in is a free for all since I have a week to work it off, etc.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #4  

I have given up so much on my new way of eating that the only thing I have left foodwise to give up is fruits and vegetables!!

My whole life has revolved around food-eating it, not eating it, etc.

This year my Lent sacrifice is non-food related for the first time in my whole life. I gave up Pinterest and swearing. I am seriously addicted to both! This almost seems harder than giving up the food and alcohol.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

Limiting alcohol...
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #6  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Giving up alcohol for Lent. And trying to cut back and/or eliminate sweets. I've got a raging sweet tooth lately and it's sabotaging my weight loss efforts.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

I am "doing" rather than "giving up." I'm trying to have a positive attitude and cut the negativity from my day as much as possible. You'd think that would be easy, but sometimes we just feel bi+chy. I'm also trying to be a little more regular in my attendance at the gym. I am giving up candy, too, just because I do need something to remind me that "Someone" gave up His life for me - I can give up something in preparation for Easter in return. But I don't eat much candy, so that isn't too hard. There is a peanut M&M machine at work and every morning I'd put in my quarter and get 8 or 9 M&Ms. That's the extent of the candy for me. For Lent I'm passing that up. It's a very small reminder of what Lent is. Sometimes little things are all we need to keep us on track and on plan. I'm hoping passing up the M&Ms is my reminder to keep making positive improvements.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote