So happy ttom came early - gives a chance...

• ...to lose a bit more for the end of the Biggest Winner challenge at the gym and help my team out the best I can.

So, TTOM arrive late last night - two days early. If this perimenopausal body has a 28 day cycle this coming month (this month was 26 days), then I have a theoretical chance to get a WHOOSH before the final weigh in on March 2nd.

Now, if it follows the pattern it used to do which is if one month is shorter, and the next month is longer, that whoosh will be cut in half or not even started, but for the last year or so, my cycle is not as predictable.

And how weird for the scale to go DOWN on the first day of TTOM by half a pound. I'll take it, but it was odd!
  • From reading your posts, I gather my weight loss pattern is very similar to yours. TTOM should arrive for me on Monday and I'm very eager to get there to see the result of my efforts for the cycle. It does seem very odd to anticipate TTOM from a weight perspective as so many ladies seem to have the opposite problem. My best friend told me laughingly the other day that I must be the only woman on earth who gets excited to get her period for that reason. I remember thinking, nah, not the only one - berryblondeboys is in the same boat!

I hope you get your whoosh!
  • Well... my whoosh ends with TTOM and then stalls out (typically) until a bit past ovulation. Then from about day 17 to day 27, I see a loss nearly every day (usually). Then about 17 days fo holding steady (or a slight gain).

If that lined up with this challenge, that would mean I would be on a stall
    out the last 2.5 weeks of the competition, just missing the whoosh.

But, since being in perimenopause, all bets are off.

This month I had NO gain around ovulation, but the whoosh didn't come for 9 days after ovulation and came all at once.

Then, today is TTOM and the scale is down a half pound - that never happens either. Perhaps it's because ovulation isn't happening or is weaker or whatever.
  • re:
    Isn't it funny? It's the first time in my life I'm LOOKING FORWARD to TOM.