Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-10-2013, 05:43 AM   #16  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

I have a sneaky feeling that you're really pretty and she wants to keep you fat so she doesn't feel you're competition. You probably can't change her but the best revenge is to just get on with achieving your goals. She can't strap you down and force feed you junk so ultimately it's up to you.
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #17  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacocat1 View Post
"You're fat and hopeless. Why do you even bother?
If I had to hear this day after day (sister or not) I would wind up in big trouble, but she would never say anything rude to me about my weight ever again.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 225/167/135

Height: 5'7"

Just ignore her. I'm guessing she is overweight and is afraid that somehow you will succeed where she failed or she is thin and is afraid that you will receive positive attention and she is jealous.

My sister was very similar and finally I pretty much had to stop talking to her unless necessary even when we lived together. It seems harsh but stop confiding in her or asking for any advice on any topic. If she ask why just tell her you feel like you can't trust someone who would do this. This is worked with my sister but not without major guilt trips from her and having to hear my Mom complain about all the "problems" I was causing. But it was worth it, I was the baby of the family so standing up for myself was hard but you have to do it. And standing up for yourself does not mean fighting, don't engage just ignore. Feigning indifference is the most powerful skill you will ever acquire.

I know you sister loves you very much but sisters are complicated. It like you're best friends and enemies and the jealousies typically cut deeper than friendships because you are family!

Just so you know me and my sister are closer than ever so it will get better but only if you stand-up for yourself but remember don't fight. Fighting will only put her on the defensive and will make it harder for positive change!

Good luck!
PatLib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 427/412/240

Here is a suggestion that will get the point across. Make lunch or dinner while she's out, make her a plate and set it on the floor. When she gets home, tell her you made her a plate. When she asks why its on the floor, tell her if she wants to act like a b**** then she can eat like one.

She'll probably be mad, then tell her that's how you feel when she makes her comments to you. I can guarantee you that she'll never forget that.
427pounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #20  

I'm not sure that is the best idea, haha. They're sisters and I am assuming that the mean sister has behaved this way her entire life and creating an even more hostile environment will create more stress and make weight loss even more difficult.

It will also probably also cause problems with rest of the family. Trust me, if she does anything like that she will be the one who is blamed not the sister.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatLib View Post
I'm not sure that is the best idea, haha. They're sisters and I am assuming that the mean sister has behaved this way her entire life and creating an even more hostile environment will create more stress and make weight loss even more difficult.

It will also probably also cause problems with rest of the family. Trust me, if she does anything like that she will be the one who is blamed not the sister.
Maybe, but sometimes you have to stand up to your bully in some way, shape or form, no matter who it is.
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreathingSpace View Post
Maybe, but sometimes you have to stand up to your bully in some way, shape or form, no matter who it is.
Standing up to bully doesn't mean sinking to their level. Ignoring her and sticking to that diet is truly the best way to deal with her. Bullies LOVE it when you respond with these ineffectual paybacks. They are sisters, all this sister has to do is call mommy and daddy and cause problems. Next thing you know her parents will say TacoCat isn't mature enough for college or to be alone and then she gets punished and sent home. This isn't a regular bully who you can just punch and that's the end of it. There are many more Christmases and Thanksgivings to be had!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacocat1 View Post
I live with my older sister who is a b*tch, and likes to constantly demoralize me, and push me off the weight loss wagon....anyone have any tips or advice to keep myself strong, and stick with my decision to be healthier?
When she makes a b*tchy comment, could you just give her a bland, robotic answer like "Thanks for your input"? Maybe if she hears that a few times she'll get the message. Even if she doesn't, an "automated reply" would keep your engagement in her drama to a minimum.

Freelance
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:30 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 210/185/137

Height: 5'8"

I'm curious...is she overweight too?
gymrat05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #25  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbiegurl View Post
U are going to have to ignore her as hard as that may seem, maybe deep down she fears u actually accomplishing your goal, so she is trying to derail you by demoralizing you. Use any anger she may cause u as motivation if necessary.
I agree with this. Her hateful comments seem to stem from a fear of you actually achieving your goal. It sounds like she's got an inferiority complex. You'll just have to ignore the jibes and keep taking steps towards your goals.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote