The skinny chair

• I took my son in for braces today. This is his second go around with braces, same orthodontist. Only this time, there is around 60 pounds less of me.

This orthodontists office is the office of skinny chairs. They are all so stylish, yet so.... thin. I would always opt to sit on the love seat in the waiting room when I brought my son in, and I would cringe if it was not available and I'd be forced to squeeze myself in to a skinny little chair. Thankfully I fit, but the arms only reminded me, as they squeezed me, of my girth.

I looked forward today's visit, because I was going to sit in the skinny chair and feel the difference! It felt good!

It's still a friggin' skinny little chair, but there was a finger of space between my thighs and the arms.
  • What an awesome feeling! I know that dread,ugh. Never want to do this ever again.

Congrats on your awesome weightloss, so inspiring!
  • That must be a rediculously small chair! Congrats on your weight loss so far!
  • Quote: That must be a rediculously small chair!
    I was thinking the same! Congrats on the skinny chair--that's a great feeling!
  • Nice!!!!
  • That is a sweet feeling!! Great job...thanks for sharing.
  • Yay!!!
  • Excellent NSV!
  • Awesome! Well done on your weightloss.

It's nice be reminded of it in various ways, yay for a NSV.
  • How nice!
  • I had the same problem at my Hair salon. But they changed the chairs in the waiting area. a year ago . I bet I would fit now if they hadn't.
    I took a flop on some snow and ice recently and bruised up my hip pretty good, a downright bone bruise. Wouldn't have even noticed it when I weighed 85lbs. more.LOL! So that is one downside to downsizing... Fitting in any chair is great . Congrats. to you and your efforts!
  • Congratulations!

That is a sweet story. I am so happy for you and you should be so proud of yourself.
  • That is AWESOME!!!
    I can't wait to buy nice chairs with arms!