Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #1  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Default Talk me down!

Lately I've been going through some stress at home with DH, and my 8 month old has been teething and grumpy. All I want to do is dive head first into the nutella!

Can someone talk me down from the edge (of the tub of chocolate!)? I'm having a moment of weakness here.
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

You know what to do! Step away from the Nutella! Haha. Do something nurturing but calorie free for yourself instead. Hot bubble bath, yoga, go for a walk, read, something you enjoy but that doesn't involve eating! Heck, maybe splurge and go get a massage.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #3  

Sorry you are having a tough time. But....step away from the Nutella!!!

Look at that 38lbs lost and those 7 cute cows you earned! Nutella could take a cow back in no time!

Go snuggle that cute little 8 month old, it will be good for both of you!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #4  

Lol eagleriverdee and I both said step away at the same time, so that's 2 steps back you owe us now!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #5  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

STAY AWAY FROM THE NUTELLA!! That stuff is NOT a substitute for peanut butter, and it tastes TOO good to just have a schmear!

You have done so well, and stess and teethy babies are a pain, but do not derail your good work because you know you will regret it ...right??

hang in there!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Back away slowly from the Nutella. Get out a step ladder and place it on the very topmost shelf in the kitchen behind the stuff that you only use for holidays. Find a way to pamper yourself even if it has to be at some odd hour. You can do this. The teeth will eventually come in and you'll get a smiling face instead of a crying one.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #7  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

If you overeat Nutella you will have a stomachache, sugar cravings, and the next few times you sh*t you'll have to use an entire roll of TP PER BATHROOM VISIT.

I overate Nutella last weekend and it was NOT WORTH IT!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #8  

Height: 5"6

What do you want more, nutella or goal!??! Hahah I love the STEP AWAY!

That nutella is holding you hostage, and we are demanding it release you!

I love the idea of nurturing in non-calorie ways get creative! If it's chocolate you need, use cocao powder and bake something yummy and healthy?

We believe in you!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #9  
Determined

S/C/G: 227/207/125

Height: 5' 4''

You could try some hot (spiced chai is wonderful) tea with a tsp of sugar or honey and 2 tbsp. of milk. It is my go to comfort drink and since it is hot it needs to be sipped slowly which is nice. Curl up on a chair with a soft blanket and watch a favorite program or movie, read a book, or listen to some music. This always makes me feel better!

Just remind yourself that you don't need the added stress of feeling guilty over splurging in your life right now!
Devoncroix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #10  
Natasha

S/C/G: 335/272.2/250

Height: 5'3"

I over did it at PF Changs last night because of stress and what not and I am so wishing I could take it back today. I will be paying for what I ate in one meal... ALL WEEK... Please don't join me. I wish I would have just taken a nap or something.
ichoose2believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

I can't believe that anybody could have Nutella in the house and not go at it with a spoon and a hunk of french bread. I am stronger than almost any food; I am not stronger than Nutella.

I'd get it out of the house and have a nice protein based snack to kill the craving.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #12  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Someone gave me this advice, it's really helped me:

Tell yourself that you can have it tomorrow. You don't need it today and if you really want it, you can have it tomorrow.

When tomorrow arrives, tell yourself the same thing. If you really want it, you can have it tomorrow.

Keep repeating this!!!! (Basically you're learning delayed gratification. And "tomorrow" never materializes)
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #13  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

Say a nutella binge lasts 10 minutes... for example, but sets you back a week! Just an estimate, but you see where this is going! Be above it! You know you'll regret it...

You're 23lbs away from goal! Think how long you've wanted that. MUCH longer than you've wanted the nutella, I'll bet? Just think, in 4lbs time, the amount of weight you have left to lose will be in the teens! How amazing would THAT be?! IN 4LBS TIME. Just get rid of those 4lbs first, that is more important. The feeling you'll get from being sooooo much closer to goal will do much more for you than nutella ever will! You know it, as well, I know you do. We all know it!

It bears repeating: STEP AWAY FROM THE NUTELLA.
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #14  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

LOL, Thank you everyone for the responses! I really appreciate the advice and humor you've given me. I've been reading and re-reading them instead of getting a spoon!

betsy2013 - I did as you suggested and put it way up on top of my cupboards (you know, the dust catcher space) so that if I wanted to get it I'd have to crawl on top of the cupboards to get it down.

Part of the problem/stress that's been going on is that I get very little time to myself, and one of the few things that I can do to treat myself is, well, have treats! It only takes a second to grab the chocolate and I can do it with my son in my arms. You're all 100% right though, it just isn't worth it! I don't want to undo all the work I've done for momentary pleasure.

Thanks again everyone, my eye is on the prize!

(But you can be sure that if I get the urge to binge, I'll be right back here re-reading your encouraging words!)
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

As a Mama of a 3.5 year old and 3 month old, I get it. Seriously, I'd rather eat a treat in silence. I don't care how tasty something is, I don't enjoy it with a squalling drooling mini-me attached to my hip.

Something that has helped me: I've been back on plan for over a month, and I have a cheat meal planned at the end of this month (and my husbands boss is expensing it due to some massive overtime he worked in Nov). So when I want to give in, I think, "no, I'm saving myself for the cheat meal, etc.)

For some reason, that helps me
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote