I just had a freaking epiphany on maintenance goals

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Nice post.....! According to what i read about ideal weight here, which is what you can maintain easily with no sweat, that for me was always around 140's. Looking at it now i see it as too much, but maybe just maybe i am this way because i maintained at 100-110 for seven years and i loved myself when i was like that. Reading through this forum though almost daily i am starting to 'see' things differently. That maybe the 110 is not a healthy weight for me, just a 'dream' weight.

Maybe as a VERY active mom of a four year old i can give myself some slack and aim for the 140's? And remain there which is very easy for me?....my body shape is ok i suppose because of my athletic background and the size 8 at 164 is real alright.....so what do i do?......

I am seriously considering upping my milestone to 140 and not pressuring myself to be the 'perfect' little girl i was before marriage and birth. In this place i have found the way not to 'belt' myself for being a failure and forgive myself for being too overburdened with worries which has led me to overeating. Through here it may be the FIRST time in my life where i won't aim for perfect, but just for healthy. I am not sure i am going to make it, just some thoughts.