Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #31  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

Yes definitely very thin women can have curves if that is their body shape.

This model although extremely thin still has hourglass build.
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 191/171/153 now 185/185/155

Height: 5'3"

Caliyah. I tried the waist to hip measurement but I have very large fibroids that are the size of a 4 month pregnancy,so it says I have an apple shape due to a large 31" waist, 39" hips. I would just like a good way to know what is reasonable to shoot for. Until then I have to go with where I feel best.
ImImportant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #33  
I Believe in me

S/C/G: 250/199/175

Height: 5'5

Thumbs up Higher goal weight is okay

The thing with a goal weight is not to set it too low that it seems impossible to
to achieve or maintain. My doctor agrees that setting a higher goal weight is right for me. I had lost 94 lb to my goal weight of 155 lbs. Now I've gained 45 lbs. back and have set a goal weight of 175 as I found it impossible to maintain the lower goal. I wish everyone a journey to success!
mrsj2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 280/255/Healthy, Happy, Strong

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
I will consider myself a SKINNY MINNIE at 199, let me tell you! That's my goal right now and it seems so far away even though I have accomplished so much. It's like seeing the finish line and then inch-worming to the end!

You've done so well and you are getting so close! I'm so impressed you've stayed so dedicated.
Renwomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 280/255/Healthy, Happy, Strong

Height: 5'7"

I'm really encouraged by everyone posting their stories! I've honestly been feeling a bit like an outsider in some ways.

I've gone back to add an addition to my first post for clarification. It was never my intent to judge anyone's decisions about their health or body, just to embrace my own.
Renwomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #36  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Very great thread. I felt like a supermodel at 215 pounds. I'm a big girl, fat or no fat, and I've embraced that healthy for me won't be much lower than 200.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:31 PM   #37  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Ironically enough I've felt the same as you except for the opposite reason. I've felt "judged" around here due to no longer being overweight yet still pursuing fat loss.

Goal weights and ideal bodies are so individual, as long has you're both healthy and happy -- go for whatever you want! I've just learned not to expect everyone to understand or be fully supportive of it. I totally understand what you're talking about though, even if we are coming from different places.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #38  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Stephanie,

I can see where you'd have that issue. It's really unfair, but I, and many people I know in the same weight range simply cannot wrap our heads around where you are. What I mean is I've actually had to kick my own butt for the mindset that if you're thinner than me, you're fine. When you're hundreds of pounds over weight, you have no idea what healthy is for anyone, and more often than not, your own issues make you extra judgemental. I fully admit that I've been this person. But what I see looking at you now, is inspiration and education for keeping myself healthy when the weight is off.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #39  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Pounds on the scale really mean nothing - even for the same height.

My "hopeful" goal is 160 at my height. That would be downright fat for some people of my height and downright thin for others.

In the end, what the scale says (to a point) won't matter to me. It will be my fitness level and body fat percentage that matters to me.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #40  
Empress/Queen

I agree with this. It is just so individual and bodies are so different not so much in their biology but in their exact structure.

I think that is where this topic strikes a nerve with people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Pounds on the scale really mean nothing - even for the same height ...
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #41  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImImportant View Post
Caliyah. I tried the waist to hip measurement but I have very large fibroids that are the size of a 4 month pregnancy,so it says I have an apple shape due to a large 31" waist, 39" hips. I would just like a good way to know what is reasonable to shoot for. Until then I have to go with where I feel best.
Definitely consult with a trainer and a doctor to make sure you get to your goal. My own personal goal is really when my tummy is flatter and I lose some back fat I'll stop and maintain. I did all my measurements and it says I'm in normal range but it's always good to get a second opinion.
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #42  
40ToGo

S/C/G: 172/159/130

Height: 5'0''

I am okay with my body at 140, 135 is the lowest I've been in recent years. But at 140 I didn't feel comfortable in a bikini, so I've made my goal weight 130 so hopefully that will be small enough that I'll feel fine wearing whatever I want! Keep in mind I'm only 5'0'' so my goal weight should be a lot lower. But I've got hips, tits, and an *** so I don't really care how much I weigh as long as I can keep my assets and feel good
mnckrstn0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:02 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 207/184

My goal is 167. I haven't been that skinny since my sophomore year of high school! I thought I was so huge back then, but will be so glad when I get back there. Shoot, I'll be happy to get back to where I was in college.

According to web-md, I should weigh 154 lbs at the MOST, but that just seems TOO SMALL for my stocky Irish frame.
glittercloud87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:58 AM   #44  
Empress/Queen

This is a great thread & proves we are all so individual with individual visions. There is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to beautiful people.

And we are all beautiful.

Life would be pretty boring if we all thought alike, looked alike, wanted the same thing. There is no need to compare our goals or divide into separate weight watching camps, all goals are valid.

Just my opinion lol.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:31 AM   #45  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarantha2 View Post
Life would be pretty boring if we all thought alike, looked alike, wanted the same thing. There is no need to compare our goals or divide into separate weight watching camps, all goals are valid.
So true!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote