3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Ups/downs (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/274507-ups-downs.html)

avalonmoon 01-29-2013 03:14 PM

Ups/downs

Okay, I realise it's par for the course to bump up a tad after a loss shows on the scale, since I'm scale obsessive, I check the scale frequently. I was @ 202, now @203.6 and am feeling slimmer in my bottoms (pants/panties etc.) what might it be muscle gain instead of water? That's my guess, just wondered what others might think. IAll these changes @ the point I'm @ are so new, uncharted territory. Thanks for feedback.:)

TripSwitch 01-29-2013 03:22 PM

How quick are we talking here?

If you're talking about 1.6 lb gain on the scale overnight or something like that it's water weight... It's just not physiologically possible to gain muscle that quickly...

avalonmoon 01-29-2013 03:36 PM

Over 2 days so I suppose it's water then. Oh well it can be lost still..lol I do need to pull out my tape measure, all my bottoms are sloppy big since last week. Thanks for your feedback.:)

newleaf123 01-29-2013 04:34 PM

Just wanted to say that I love your new avatar - you look GREAT!!

Yeah, probably just water. Keep on doing what you're doing; it's working!

avalonmoon 01-29-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newleaf123 (Post 4612565)
Just wanted to say that I love your new avatar - you look GREAT!!

Yeah, probably just water. Keep on doing what you're doing; it's working!

(((Heidi))) Thank you...it's a bumpy ride but I'm sticking it out.:)
Omg, I just saw your new profile too...what a transformation!! Awesome job!!

newleaf123 01-29-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avalonmoon (Post 4612579)
(((Heidi))) Thank you...it's a bumpy ride but I'm sticking it out.:)
Omg, I just saw your new profile too...what a transformation!! Awesome job!!

I changed my picture after I saw your new avatar; you motivated me! That photo was from last night; my 11-year-old son and I just turned out a perfect fritatta; it was a proud moment, LOL Thanks for your compliment!

shcirerf 01-29-2013 10:00 PM

Body weight can be up/down greatly throughout the day, and from day to day.

Do you keep a food/daily life journal?

I weigh myself each morning under the same conditions, write it on the calendar above my scale. I also keep a detailed food journal, and make notes about my day. Boss grumpy, slick roads, yay it rained, got to see my grandbabies, etc.

When I was losing (maintainer now), as long as the calendar told me at the end of the month that my weight was less than at the beginning, it's all good.

As a maintainer and while I was losing, I used/use the journal and the calendar as tools to help me see how food choices, exercise, and daily life affected my weight.

While I still weigh each morning, and am a lifetime Weight Watchers member and still attend and weigh weekly, I find the monthly trends and comparisons very valuable in giving me insight. Maybe I had a day where I overslept, grabbed a WW friendly/prepackaged breakfast, had Subway for lunch and a healthy home cooked supper, but I'll be up the next day, from 2 meals of too much processed food.

If you are new to all of this, I have to say, patience, track/journal, and look at the long term. Take the time to be objective, and learn your body.

Daimere 01-29-2013 10:15 PM

Your body fluctuates daily a few pounds. If you are going to obsess over the scale, I suggest weighing only once a week. Also, if you aren't drinking enough water, your body retains. Or if your body is sore from a rough workout.

avalonmoon 01-30-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shcirerf (Post 4612993)
Body weight can be up/down greatly throughout the day, and from day to day.

Do you keep a food/daily life journal?

I weigh myself each morning under the same conditions, write it on the calendar above my scale. I also keep a detailed food journal, and make notes about my day. Boss grumpy, slick roads, yay it rained, got to see my grandbabies, etc.

When I was losing (maintainer now), as long as the calendar told me at the end of the month that my weight was less than at the beginning, it's all good.

As a maintainer and while I was losing, I used/use the journal and the calendar as tools to help me see how food choices, exercise, and daily life affected my weight.

While I still weigh each morning, and am a lifetime Weight Watchers member and still attend and weigh weekly, I find the monthly trends and comparisons very valuable in giving me insight. Maybe I had a day where I overslept, grabbed a WW friendly/prepackaged breakfast, had Subway for lunch and a healthy home cooked supper, but I'll be up the next day, from 2 meals of too much processed food.

If you are new to all of this, I have to say, patience, track/journal, and look at the long term. Take the time to be objective, and learn your body.

Shcirerf, Thank you for the insight. Curious, how long would muscle take to build from the fat? I think you have done sensational..I'm going to keep up my work and just ignore these little bounces. I appreciate your response.:)

avalonmoon 01-30-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daimere (Post 4613013)
Your body fluctuates daily a few pounds. If you are going to obsess over the scale, I suggest weighing only once a week. Also, if you aren't drinking enough water, your body retains. Or if your body is sore from a rough workout.

Thanks Daimere..I am still feeling soreness from last Saturday, maybe it's partly that. I know, I need to lay off the scales.:dizzy:

Heather 01-31-2013 07:18 AM

Our bodies are mostly water weight, and it fluctuates SIGNIFICANTLY, which can be very frustrating when we are trying to monitor fat. Scales are really a crappy tool for the job!

avalonmoon 02-01-2013 06:15 PM

Heather, the scale is my nemesis..lol

Heather 02-02-2013 09:53 AM

I got on the scale yesterday and wanted to cry. I'd been good for 2 whole days (I thought) -- how could it go UP?!! I have to remember that the scale is :devil: and tries to sabotage me!!! Or make me sabotage myself.

avalonmoon 02-02-2013 01:00 PM

Heather, it's a conspiracy. We should burn them all. lol

I awoke today @6:30 and weighed 201.4 and went back to bed to sleep
another 3 hours to learn I didn't lose any more..grrr I was hoping to lose
at least that little .4! Anyway I decided to reflect the # on my ticker, minus
my ounces because I will be damned if I don't lose those by tomorrow.:^: