Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/213/140

Height: 5'5

Default Lost 3 lbs in 4 days. Good or bad?

I've been doing Zumba for the past 4 days now for 1 hour and 20 minutes. I burn about 650 calories each time. I've been calorie counting and controlling portions to the extreme. I'm counting calories with the 'Lose it' app on my phone, and my calorie budget is 1500 but I've been eating around 1300-1400 calories. In the past 4 days I've lost 3 lbs. I know 1 lb a week is healthy. I'm not complaining about the loss, but is a 3 lb loss too much in only 4 days? Should I slow it down a bit? Keep my routine the same? Any suggestions?
mellyymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

I wouldn't change anything.If the eating plan is a new thing you probably just dropped water weight. Don't worry, weight loss almost always slows down.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:25 PM   #3  
thinking skinny

S/C/G: 319/275.3/159

Height: 5'7

I've lost 9lbs in a week before. I know it's not what we're advisedd to do but as long as you're eating healthy/enough and not pushing yourself too hard physically...I'd say CONGRATS!!

Last edited by yourbffmegan; 02-02-2013 at 03:27 PM.
yourbffmegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/255/Healthy, Happy, Strong

Height: 5'7"

It looks like you might just be starting on your weight loss journey? (Unless you haven't updated your stats in a while?) If you are just starting out I wouldn't worry about bigger weight losses, especially if you are making dramatic changes. It seems to be very common for our bodies to drop weight quicker in the beginning.

I know it is for me. If you have ever watched the beginning of seasons on the Biggest Loser than you've seen the dramatic weight losses that happen in the first few weeks and then the weight loss slows (and sometimes they even gain.)

I'd say the most important thing in the beginning is to try to be consistent and keep on track. You've probably heard that it takes two week at least for a change to become a habit. If that is where you are at I wouldn't worry about changing things too much. It sounds like you are doing fabulous. I'd be more concerned if this dramatic change continued for a long period.

Doctors say that it is ideal and healthier to lose weight slowly. It gives your body time to adjust (including your skin). You are more likely to be losing fat and not lean muscle. It gives you time to solidify healthy habits for the long term without burning yourself out. But then on the other hand for really unhealthy people quicker weight loss include weight loss surgery can be recommended. We get a lot of mixed messages.

If it makes you feel any better I'm just starting out and I dropped three pounds in a DAY last week. (I had to weigh to weigh myself three times.) It was probably water retention or maybe my body had flushed itself in another way. (Trying not to TMI.) I perfectly expected it to bounce back up the next day but I didn't. Go figure.
Renwomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #5  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

The beginning was much easier weight came off quicker. I think that's pretty normal, I wouldn't be surprised to see u lose 20 this month. Enjoy it while it lasts. Congrats on those lost pounds.
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/213/140

Height: 5'5

20?! Omg I'd have a heart attack... I've LOVE to get out of the 200's asap though!
mellyymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 236 / T(176*) / 145

Height: 5' 5

Keep your routine the same if you're enjoying it! The only thing I would caution is to pay more attention to how you're feeling than what the scale says. If you're just starting out a rigorous exercise program and you're staying on the lower side of 1400 calories going in, it might cause a little bit of shock to your body.

This has happened to me a couple times. I end up feeling incredibly lethargic and dragging in the morning, even if my energy level bounces back up by mid-morning. I am trying to up my protein intake and be a little bit more flexible about my overall calorie numbers (going up to 1500, for example).

Although I really want to drop as much weight as quickly as possible, I know that my end goal is to be as fit as possible so I'm trying to make sure that I am keeping a healthy balance.
kaebaka is offline   Reply With Quote