Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-27-2013, 03:08 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 11"

Default Preparing for Family Dinner Before Weigh In

I am down at my parents house tonight for dinner, and my weigh in is tomorrow. The only problem is my mother is a great cook, and my family drinks a lot (not like alcoholic drinks, but just like sitting around chatting with glasses of wine). I love being down here with them, but I always have 2-3 glasses of wine over the afternoon/evening and then overeat at dinner because the wine loosens my eating inhibitions.

Tomorrow is my weigh in day, and I really want to see progress. The last time I was here before weigh in my mother made a roast with roasted potatoes - so good! I ate too much (I eye-balled portion sizes, not a good idea), and only lost a wee bit (lucky I lost at all!). My parents don't know I am trying to lose weight, because when they know I suddenly feel like I'm stage every time I eat in front of them - it's best to not make it public until I have some real results to show for it.

So, I am putting this out there more for accountability than anything else: the menu tonight is chicken marsala, baked potatoes and/or rice pilaf, french bread, and spinach. (and of course wine!). My plan is to eat plain chicken, spinach, and a scoop of rice - no potato, no bread. Also, my plan is to have just 2 glasses of wine.

I know I can do this - and putting it out here feels like I will beheld to it.

Wish me luck!
Ready2Lose2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Good luck and just a reminder wine is an alcoholic beverage.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 11"

Ha! yes I know that, I meant that when I say they drink a lot I don't mean like as in they have drinking problems. It is hard to say that people drink a lot without it sounding like "oh man, those people have problems."

Thanks for the luck
Ready2Lose2013 is offline   Reply With Quote