3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

For Those of You Who Started at 220+

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
RavenWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Peach State
Posts: 469

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

Default For Those of You Who Started at 220+

How many pounds did you lose before you "felt" lighter?

How many pounds did you lose before you knew you needed a smaller size?

How many did you lose before you could physically see a difference, no matter how slight?

I know the answers vary for everyone, and wanted to see what others have experienced.

I personally "feel" lighter having lost 8.4 pounds. I do not really "see" a difference and don't feel like I could go down a size in clothes yet.

The feeling "lighter" at this point could be because I am stronger now that I have exercised every day for 24 days straight!
__________________
Follow My Journey! http://ff2fb.blogspot.com/
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzeXxXE/]


RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #2
I can, I will, I do
 
Avezy44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 522

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

Default

I've gained all of my weight (and then some) back but when I lost it all before I had started at 250 and felt lighter at about 215. At that point I think I was a size 16/18 ish and had gone down at least a pants size or two and felt pretty confident I was going to lose it all.
__________________

My Blog: http://avegetsbrave.blogspot.com/
1st Milestone: -10lbs {1/31/14} 2nd Milestone: -20lbs {2/17/2014} 3rd Milestone: -30lbs {3/10/14} 4th Milestone: -40lbs {4/2/14} 5th Milestone: -50lbs {5/12/14}
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:31 PM   #3
Gettin' it done!
 
amandie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Near St. Louis
Posts: 2,782

S/C/G: HW- 242 Restart SW:166 7/24/14

Height: a little over 5'2

Default

It was almost 2 years ago when I started so the memory may be a little shaky but if I recall correctly, I finally felt and saw the difference at about 20lbs lost from 226 to 206ish, only because I was able to finally fit in a size smaller. The cool thing is as you get smaller, it doesn't take as much losses to get down another size. Even better if you lift or do some body composition exercises.

24 days straight? Wow, you are AWESOME! I would love to try to be 100% on exercise for 30 days straight.
__________________
2014 Goals- 153|144|140- GOAL (maybe?)!


Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.- Winston Churchill

Last edited by amandie : 01-24-2013 at 05:32 PM. Reason: typo
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
dancinginpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 168

S/C/G: HWK256/SW247/239/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

I wish I knew what the scale said the last time, but I was not weighing. I do know that I had dropped into a tight fitting 14, and felt lighter. More bounce in my step.
__________________

Vegetarian, counting calories. Loving Amazing Grace <3
dancinginpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
RavenWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Peach State
Posts: 469

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
24 days straight? Wow, you are AWESOME! I would love to try to be 100% on exercise for 30 days straight.
I'm actually shocked myself! LOL! I have seriously never been so dedicated in my life! I do find myself getting antsy by 10am if I haven't gotten my work out in! Join me! Hahahaha! You, too, can be a daily 'ciser! Hahahaha!!
__________________
Follow My Journey! http://ff2fb.blogspot.com/
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzeXxXE/]


RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #6
Stephanie
 
LockItUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,221

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Default

I felt lighter after like only 7 pounds!

I had to lose about 25 pounds to go from a size 18 to a size 16.

I could see a difference after about 15 pounds.
__________________
Stephanie
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #7
I'm bringing sexy back!
 
Mozzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,232

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Default

I started at 242. It took about twenty pounds to go down a size. I went from 16 to 14. It took about 25 pounds for people to notice. I still don't feel lighter, I still feel/see the same.
__________________

One for every five pounds lost!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #8
Dukanista
 
April Snow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,547

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Default

Started at 257, I'm thinking I may be around the 244-245ish mark at my WI on Sunday, which will put me at or right near a 5% loss. I can definitely feel a difference physically, especially in my knees. It's no longer painful to go up and down stairs, and I also no longer get winded going up a single flight of stairs, even quickly.

Personally, I take a very long time to drop clothing sizes - like 35-50 lbs. I don't mean that clothes that start off snug (but not too tight to wear) don't get looser (but not too loose to wear). But to legimately need to move down a size, I don't expect to see that until the 2-teens.

Physically, I can see small difference, but sadly, not a good one - my skin is already visibly more saggy. But I'm sure things will firm up at least a little bit as I go, and esp. as I start increasing my exercise.
__________________
Restart 1/6/13 - GOAL (for now) back to prior low

HAPPY SPRING & APRIL FOOLS CHALLENGE
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
RavenWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Peach State
Posts: 469

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Snow View Post
Started at 257, I'm thinking I may be around the 244-245ish mark at my WI on Sunday, which will put me at or right near a 5% loss. I can definitely feel a difference physically, especially in my knees. It's no longer painful to go up and down stairs, and I also no longer get winded going up a single flight of stairs, even quickly.

Personally, I take a very long time to drop clothing sizes - like 35-50 lbs. I don't mean that clothes that start off snug (but not too tight to wear) don't get looser (but not too loose to wear). But to legimately need to move down a size, I don't expect to see that until the 2-teens.

Physically, I can see small difference, but sadly, not a good one - my skin is already visibly more saggy. But I'm sure things will firm up at least a little bit as I go, and esp. as I start increasing my exercise.
Are there ways to deal with or lessen the sagging skin issue? I'm so worried about that myself. I know we can't afford to have it surgically remedied later. I am currently only walking for exercise.
__________________
Follow My Journey! http://ff2fb.blogspot.com/
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzeXxXE/]


RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
linJber's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NW PA
Posts: 1,609

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Default

I think it took about 30 pounds for me to feel like there was a difference you could see. After that, it came in small flashes. One day my wrists would seem smaller. Then maybe it was my neck. Then my fingers. It seemed to go like that.

Loose skin is most likely going to be there in some degree. It's better than tight skin with a ton of fat under it.

Lin
__________________


Life style change started on Jan 13, 2011. I was going to lose 100 pounds by Christmas.
I lost 93 pounds by Oct 1, 2011 and am holding there for now. We'll see what happens.
New goal: To maintain at about 160 Final Goal: To decide if I need to lose more
Just Keep On Keepin' On
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:22 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Robin41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Northern California
Posts: 988

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Default

Well, I started at 292 and probably felt lighter when I got into the 260's. Lots less pressure on my joints, and that's when I needed to go down a size, so that probably helped. I could see a difference after the first 10, though, because it all came off of my face and I lost the full moon look that I'd been sporting for some time.

I was probably about 225 when anybody other than my husband said anything. I'm sure people noticed but it's awkward to say something when the person is still pretty darn big.
__________________
Robin41



Current Weight: 144 lbs.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #12
Designing my new physique
 
avalonmoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 521

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenWolf View Post
How many pounds did you lose before you "felt" lighter?

How many pounds did you lose before you knew you needed a smaller size?

How many did you lose before you could physically see a difference, no matter how slight?

I know the answers vary for everyone, and wanted to see what others have experienced.

I personally "feel" lighter having lost 8.4 pounds. I do not really "see" a difference and don't feel like I could go down a size in clothes yet.

The feeling "lighter" at this point could be because I am stronger now that I have exercised every day for 24 days straight!


Ravenwolf, needing new clothes for me has always been 'pushing the envelope'. I have bought things, even w/o needing to and bought too low so that I had to pile together a bevy of 'skinnier' stuff ( which has been nice to use as measurement)...all that being said, I really didn't 'feel' lighter until I dropped lower than 212. For me that was about 104 frm my beginning.I think your extra amount of fitness is certainly a benefit to your overall progress. keep up the fantastic job!!
__________________






»»started@316««

Last edited by avalonmoon : 01-24-2013 at 07:26 PM. Reason: typo
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:31 PM   #13
is a persistent thistle
 
Thistleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 319

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/133

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by linJber View Post
I think it took about 30 pounds for me to feel like there was a difference you could see. After that, it came in small flashes. One day my wrists would seem smaller. Then maybe it was my neck. Then my fingers. It seemed to go like that.

Loose skin is most likely going to be there in some degree. It's better than tight skin with a ton of fat under it.

Lin
I started at 230 and this was pretty much my experience. It was about that time that I could have gone down in size as well, but I chose to hold off for a good long time so as not to go bankrupt.
__________________
Mini Goal:


Started 10/21/12

Mordor Challenge : 73 miles
Thistleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:51 PM   #14
Member
 
Betba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indian Trail, North Carolina
Posts: 29

S/C/G: 283/245/200 (for now)

Height: 5'3"

Default

I'm down from 283 and I STILL don't feel different. =/ I'm one of those unfortunate people who couldn't tell they got fat either! I'm hoping another 20 lbs will do it for me. =D
__________________
~Rebecca~


Betba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:25 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Em Coconut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Northern Europe
Posts: 256

S/C/G: See ticker :)

Height: 5'4.5"

Default

Having lost about 20 lbs so far, I can't feel or see much difference. Some pants are a little bit looser, but not so much that I could get the same pants in a smaller size if you know what I mean... Hoping to notice some change soon
__________________


Em Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I gave myself a year, 5'4 started at 220... Krizstyling Mini-Goal Photo Album 49 10-29-2013 08:40 PM
For those of you who have regained a lot of what you lost... luckymommy Weight Loss Support 22 11-11-2012 10:09 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:44 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2