3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

For Those of You Who Started at 220+

Old 01-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #16
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

How many pounds did you lose before you "felt" lighter?
I remember feeling good at 205 - and was starting to get really excited to cross over into Onederland.
How many pounds did you lose before you knew you needed a smaller size?
I'm not sure how tall you are, and it always amazes me to hear the different sizes for different weights from everyone, but for me 225lbs was a tight size 22W which meant I was probably better suited for the 24W but never actually bought it. I remember getting into the 20W at about 205 and feeling really good - like a "regular" 18 was close. But as I lost, I didn't go through every size. I'd wear my clothes and they got baggy so by the time I finally went shopping, I found myself down 2 sizes at a time sometimes. No need to get a whole new wardrobe for every size. Even if your pants aren't falling off, but just loose, you're probably down a size.
How many did you lose before you could physically see a difference, no matter how slight?
Again, I really think it was that 205 mark. It's been a while now, but that scale point really stands out in my memory. I might have seen things before, but other people started noticing about then also.
I know the answers vary for everyone, and wanted to see what others have experienced.

I personally "feel" lighter having lost 8.4 pounds. I do not really "see" a difference and don't feel like I could go down a size in clothes yet.

The feeling "lighter" at this point could be because I am stronger now that I have exercised every day for 24 days straight!
Great!!

There's no ticker here because I have no idea what I weigh, nor do I have plans to get on the scale anytime soon. My goals are to take care of myself in healthy ways and let the scale fall wherever it will. "It's not about skinny anymore - it's about healthy."
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #17

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

Thanks for all the replies! I guess I still have a ways to go before I actually "see" any real change. But at least I know I will eventually see it!

RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #18

S/C/G: 245 / 189 / 170

Height: 5"4

I still don't really "feel" lighter, even though I do see that I am smaller.

I had to lose 25-30lbs before I went from an 18 to a 16 in pants, but I lost a shirt size around 15lbs lost. Ive lost 50something lbs now, and I can fit into 14s from some places reliably and still 16s in others. I have big thighs/butt so I lose pants sizes REALLY slowly, even though my waist is ready for a smaller size.

I think it was probably 20lbs before I noticed in the mirror. However, I took "before" photos and took photos every 10lbs lost, and there was always a VERY noticable difference in the photos, even if I couldn't see it in the mirror.
And its people's mindless games
So pardon me while I burn
And rise above the flame
I'll never be the same

Alyj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #19

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

Fantastic! I will follow your lead and take photos every 10 pounds lost! That makes so much sense!

Thank you!

RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:15 PM   #20
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

How many pounds did you lose before you "felt" lighter? The first time I lost weight it was when I was about 250. Now, I've lost about 11 pounds and I don't feel any lighter.

How many pounds did you lose before you knew you needed a smaller size? I think when I last lost weight, it wasn't till I was in the 240-250s. I remember wearing belts and pulling my pants up a lot at that time. Currently I'm still fitting in my clothes. No size change.

How many did you lose before you could physically see a difference, no matter how slight? Last time I didn't see a change till probably 260. I remember finding some extra lose skin on my thighs and was proud. I could see it! And maybe my knees.

Obsessed with the spin of sparkly hoops
My personal hooping blog
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #21

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

245 was my starting point. I was probably heavier, but I don't know. Anyway, 245 was a 24 dress size. I guess I started to see a difference( and so did other people ) at 220. Mind you, I don't think I was in a new dress size until 210 or so. I find that the bigger I am, the more I have to lose before I go down a dress size.
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.