Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-24-2013, 10:37 AM   #1  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Default Mini-goal rewards: what do you promise yourself?

I'm new along this journey--but have lost 5 lbs in 2.5 weeks, and 5 lbs was my first "mini-goal". I've actually put together a roadmap of mini-goals (it's the project manager in me). What I haven't done, though, is figure out if and how I'm going to reward myself.

I have to confess that I am totally spoiled, so that makes it harder to come up with rewards for myself. Regular nail appointments and monthly massages are already part of my world.

I've picked out a couple of really big possibilities--a new computer monitor, DH agreeing to agree on a new dining room table, and if/when I hit a 100 lb loss (my goal), diamond earrings. (Or I might skip that and promise myself something nice and expensive on May 2014 cruise.) [the cruise isn't a reward--it's just something we've got planned] But those are for bigger goals--25 lbs, 50 lbs, 75 lbs--that sort of thing.

So, what are you doing for your 5-10 lb level mini-goals, if anything? What about bigger ones--10%, 20% of original body weight, half way to goal, etc.?
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

I am going to buy a Nespresso coffee maker and aerocino milk frother, if I ever establish an exercise routine. When I first started I bought some fancy socks, walking shoes and light weight hiking shoes. I worked really hard to get back in shape and was really happy and motivated. Then we got some terrible cold/bronchitis in December, which left me in a weakened condition mentally and physically and I just quit. I am fine now, but can't seem to get myself moving again. No coffee maker until I know in my heart that I am ready to make exercise part of my life. Ya know how you just "know" things?

In the back of my mind, I have a cruise to the Galapagos Islands on Celebrity Xpediton on my list. This is an expensive cruise and it would be an appropriate reward for, say, a year's maintenance.

Another largish reward would be to have a skylight installed in our living room and/or one of those doors with the built in blinds installed in our utility room.

I have most everything I want, so sometimes virtue has to be its own reward. LOL.

Lesser goals might merit some clothes from somewhere more upscale than Wal-Mart.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #3  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

I'm going to be totally honest here. I've never liked the idea of a big physical reward at the end, like diamond earrings or (once I remember someone getting) a new car. Because... G*d forbid I regain weight, how will I feel about wearing my gorgeous earrings or driving my fabulous car. I'll feel lousy each and every time.

I love the idea of a trip or a fabulous new piece of clothing, etc. Something that gaining weight won't make me feel miserable each and every time I still have to use or see it.

Just my personal opinion, and from reading these boards, probably a minority opinion at that!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:44 PM   #4  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Interesting point about physical rewards, as opposed to memory rewards.

Maybe I should set my sights on an African safari (one of my dreams) or the Egyptian pyramids (another dream, but only if tension decreases). Or a weekend in New York (where I've only been once?) Or a warm weather retreat next winter? (Yeah, most of dreams revolve around travel.)

I'm assuming I'll be buying a lot of new clothes, as well as finding what I've saved fits again.

Or perhaps the right answer is Virtue is its own reward and I should look within for rewards!
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/152/110

Height: 5'1½''

Well... When I've gone to about 135lbs I'll have a nose job done.

Other than that there are small things that I've promised to reward myself with. There's a particular bracelet I've been wanting forever and I'm going to buy it the minute I look in the mirror without feeling fat lol! NSV ftw. Then I'm going to go to the hair dresser and get an actual hairstyle. I might dye it as well.

Then, when I hit my UGW I will buy so many new clothes. I've never been able to wear normal, cute clothes and I'm so stoked for that to happen!
out from under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 196/196/140

Height: 5'2

I want to reward myself for every 10 pounds lost. I chose something small for my first reward (a cute cup shaped like a camera lens) and I'll buy myself a flash for my camera after 20 pounds. I haven't decided on the big reward for my final goal though. A trip somewhere warm (where I'd proudly wear my bathing suit) sounds nice and I'd also like to get professional pics of my family. We'll see.
Angelic Fruitcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #7  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

Now that I think about it I've never rewarded myself with anything physical or edible throughout my journey when I reached my mini-goals. No reason why...seeing a lower dress size was more than satisying for me. If there's something I really want I just get it. lol

Even now that I reached my final goal I didn't do anything special. Guess I'm low maintenance, but I'm definately going to make up for lost time when spring/summer clothes come out and I treat myself to multiple shopping sprees!
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote