3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

When should I do weigh-ins

Old 01-29-2013, 05:53 AM   #16

S/C/G: 385/385/173

Height: 5'10''

I am starting my journey over right now, but I can tell you what I am going to do based on what worked for me best last time.

I like to weigh first thing in the morning at the end of the week (my Friday morning). Usually if I have a splurge/cheat day or eat out (aka a higher sodium meal) it is on the weekend, and that plays with the scale. It would hurt my mind set to weigh on Monday after that, but by Friday the extra water weight is gone and it shows my true loss for the week. I can become obsessed with weighing, so it's hard for me to only weight once per week, but the truth is that if I had a gain one day for any reason, it could send me into a downward spiral and ruin my hard work. Once a week, at the end of the week works best for me!

Last edited by Cherry Heart : 01-29-2013 at 05:54 AM.
Cherry Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #17
Changing my lifestyle

Height: 6'3"

I weigh myself once a week...obsessing can lead to disappointment
brandonjohnston84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #18
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

It's such a personal thing. I admit I tend to peek at the scale every few days or so. It's a good sign when I do that, it usually means I feel on track.

My official weigh in's are every other Friday. I weigh in on whatever day isn't my pay day. I record my weight on a log sheet I made with dates of every other Friday until like 2015 (hopefully aren't I?). I have a column for goals, and once I weigh in - whatever it is- I make my goal to be 4 lbs below that for the next two weeks. Although, now that I'm exercising, I'm going to change that to 6. That's just what I do. So far it's worked, I've been chugging along despite the odds Sometimes I'd meet my goal, sometimes I wouldn't. I would just readjust and hope for better.

Anyways I like weighing in twice a month because I feel like if I screw up I have more time to make things right, a week seems tight to me.

220 - no longer obese
185 - no longer overweight
JollyGreenSteen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #19
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

Oh I also wanted to add: personally while the day to day changes of .2 or .4 lbs can be exciting, it's a much nicer surprise to hop on the scale after 14 days of hard work and see a BIG and significant drop. Not the day to day fluctuations. Unfortunately, depending on what you've ate, been constipated, had too much to drink... it can lead to false changes. For instance In 3 days I "gained" half a pound despite exercising and eating my points, but "lost" 3 lbs the next day. I was retaining water and constipated, but it was still REALLY discouraging because I was expecting a nice loss.

220 - no longer obese
185 - no longer overweight
JollyGreenSteen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.