3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Force Feeding? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/274085-force-feeding.html)

coolacrity 01-23-2013 03:43 PM

Force Feeding?

Friends, a terrible thing has happened. I have lost my appetite.

I swear up and down that it was because I'm starving myself--I eat all the time and I don't count calories! I think it's because of this weird sickness I have going on. I'm not sure, though, so I've been freaking out about this. So here's the question I have:

Should I FORCE myself to eat? Not like...force my mouth open with pliers and stuff food in because I'm nauseous, but eat something for b-fast, lunch, dinner, and two tiny snacks? I know that my body needs food, and I don't overeat. My tummy just feels "Bluh, I don't give a rip" this week.

I'm so confused. I really don't want to have screwed up. I've worked so hard!

Mozzy 01-23-2013 03:57 PM

If you're sick I would focus more on staying hydrated than calories consumed. I know when I'm really under the weather I have zero appetite. But dehydration can exaggerate your illness. I hope you feel better soon

Radiojane 01-23-2013 04:18 PM

Yup. Fluids. Broth is a great idea for nourishment. Don't panic about not eating, just make sure you hydrate.

elvislover324 01-23-2013 04:21 PM

Can you possibly eat protein shakes to at least get in some calories and vitamins?

Definitely get fluids in, whether juice, tea, water, etc. That's definitely most important.

Hope you feel better!

coolacrity 01-23-2013 04:35 PM

Okay, I'll do that, then. I have those things around. I was just really worried!

Arctic Mama 01-23-2013 05:08 PM

No, don't force yourself to eat. Fluids, especially broth and fruit/protein smoothies, should suffice until you're feeling better.

mateosmama2005 01-24-2013 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolacrity
Friends, a terrible thing has happened. I have lost my appetite.

I swear up and down that it was because I'm starving myself--I eat all the time and I don't count calories! I think it's because of this weird sickness I have going on. I'm not sure, though, so I've been freaking out about this. So here's the question I have:

Should I FORCE myself to eat? Not like...force my mouth open with pliers and stuff food in because I'm nauseous, but eat something for b-fast, lunch, dinner, and two tiny snacks? I know that my body needs food, and I don't overeat. My tummy just feels "Bluh, I don't give a rip" this week.

I'm so confused. I really don't want to have screwed up. I've worked so hard!

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

Psychic 01-24-2013 07:52 AM

Try broth-based soups, like chicken noodle. At least you'll be getting fluids as well as some nutrition. if you don't feel like cooking, try Progresso canned soups.

JohnP 01-24-2013 11:58 AM

I really don't understand what your post is saying but I personally don't believe that anyone should be forcing themselves to eat if they are feeling hungry.

If enough time goes by and hunger doesn't return - say 48 hours - it is probably a good time to go see a doctor.

Our bodies are well adapted to get by just fine for short periods of time with no food.

avalonmoon 01-24-2013 04:01 PM

I don't know if this was already mentioned...if you blended your soup w/ vegetables etc. in it to a liquid format you have better odds of more nutrients & calories. just a thought.:)