Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-09-2013, 04:39 PM   #1  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Default Can you feel weight loss?

I swear I can. In another thread I commented on feeling cold (which a lot of you do too on deficit days) but I also get this feeling in my gut (not hunger) where I carry most of my weight when I *think* I am actively burning fat. Could all be BS but I notice this more on those days when I lose versus those when I don't.

Comment.

Last edited by IanG; 04-09-2013 at 04:40 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/158/133

Height: 5 foot 6

This is an interesting thread, and I can't wait to see what other people think.
Bizarrely, I almost always start to feel fatter when I'm losing weight. I think I mentioned this before in another thread, but I think my brain recognises a change in my body and just assumes I have put weight on so it makes me feel fatter (thanks, brain ). I'm usually down in the doldrums, ready with a big bar of chocolate when I step on the scales and find I've actually lost weight and just feel fatter. I do hope this goes away eventually. Whenever I feel thinner I've usually stalled or put weight back on. Go figure.
EskaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #3  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Alright, I'm guna sound crazy but oh well. I picture each fat cell having a teeeeeeeny tiny hose attached to it, all of them leading to my stomach. And SLOOOOOWLY the fat gets sucked out of those fat cells, as I eat in a deficit. That kind of "fat burning feeling" you described, ya I feel that too! And I picture allll the fat cells slowly being drained as I have that feeling.

Lettin' all my crazy hang out here.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #4  
Trying to be in the 160s

Quote:
Lock up LockItUp!

Last edited by IanG; 04-09-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #5  

I get so itchy around my stretch marks, the same way I was itchy when I gained the weight. I'm hoping it's itchy because the skin is shrinking back to a smaller size.

I wonder too when my weight falls off my body. I get weighed on Monday for my official weigh-in day, then the scale doesn't budge til at least Friday or Saturday and then it's D-Day again on Monday and I can be down anywhere from 2-3.5lbs. So when did it leave the building?? A little at a time or it gets chopped off at once??

Interesting thread, Ian!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:00 PM   #6  
Trying to be in the 160s

God I used to itch when I was bigger! All night long.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 192/173.6/145

Height: 5'4"

I like ezkadee often feel "bigger", or even bloated as I'm actively losing weight. Then when I'm leveling off for a few days I feel smaller. When I workout doing lite cardio like walking tho I get all tingly especially in my thighs and I swear its my fat cells sizzling away lol.
hopebewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I can. I feel hungrier at night and imagine everything burning up. I've lost 4 pounds (I was about to write "only" 4 pounds but there ain't nothin' "only" about it) and I could tell when the most recent half pound came off.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Like seagirl, when I'm hungry at night and I pee a lot during the evening/night, it's pretty guaranteed that I'll have a big loss in the morning.

That's the only weight loss I can actually feel.

Last edited by Cali Doll; 04-09-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #10  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

I'm a woosher, so like CaliDoll I know I should expect a drop when I go to the bathroom all night. Also my body likes to psych me out with major cravings and being super hungry a night before a drop. I use to give in to the craving before I realized what was happening, but not anymore!
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 350/296/125

Height: 177cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopebewild View Post
When I workout doing lite cardio like walking tho I get all tingly especially in my thighs and I swear its my fat cells sizzling away lol.
I have this same feeling! I like to think of my cellulite-y thighs in terms of tectonic plates shifting and fitting together better. I'm pretty sure they're just muscle spasms but it feels positive, nonetheless!
Skellig19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #12  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
Alright, I'm guna sound crazy but oh well. I picture each fat cell having a teeeeeeeny tiny hose attached to it, all of them leading to my stomach. And SLOOOOOWLY the fat gets sucked out of those fat cells, as I eat in a deficit. That kind of "fat burning feeling" you described, ya I feel that too! And I picture allll the fat cells slowly being drained as I have that feeling.

I love this! I'm totally going to visualize hoses draining my fat cells now.

Ian - Not me, I don't "feel" weight loss. The only thing I feel right now is like eating
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

I can't tell at all prior to stepping on the scale. There are times when I've thought that I was gaining and I lost. There have been other times when I was sure I was losing and I gained.
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #14  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Oh I can feel it. It's cold and hungry. I get colder and colder and then have an unbelievable hungry day where I am tempted to overeat, big time. Almost without fail a big weight shed follows. Then I have a week or two of bouncing around the same pound before it repeats. Hormones are at least partially to blame in my case. I am effectively hypothyroid now, which exacerbates the cold issue, and my progesterone surges during my cycle are responsible for the bouncing/drop. There's a direct effect on my metabolism with each
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #15  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post

Awe, we'll still be friends with you, even if you're nuts
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote