Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-02-2013, 11:13 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliseVi View Post
HHM6, I love that you also fear jinxing yourself by posting positive news! We're a funny group, aren't we?

I am up a whopping 1.6 pounds today. I don't know why, but I'm going to go do cardio even though "I don't have time," and I'm going to drink lots of water and green tea (heard it is a diuretic). I know this weight will eventually come up for all of us if we keep on plan!

I have to share a little NSV: I went grocery shopping this morning and I was hungry (usually dangerous), but I was NOT tempted to buy something that pops up each spring and usually tips me over into binge mode: Cadbury cream eggs. I saw a huge display, pulled in my abs and fixed my posture, and walked by smiling to myself. It has been a huge power struggle with those darned eggs, but today, I won the battle. Hurrah! :-) OK, off to cardio.

Have a great day, everyone!

haha we definitely are! I'm planning on changing my ticker after 10lb drops since I'm always fluctuating.

Your NSV is awesome!! I have the same problem with those horrible little debbie snacks at the cashier! OMG I swear they are the devil in food form!!

On a side note after being so good this past week I went over my diet by 500 cals today and didn't exercise BUT I'm going on a hike tomorrow morning to hopefully make up for it.

Are any of you completely cutting out something from your diet? I was also wondering, I know it's better to use up your net cals with veggies/protein, but (hypothetically) what happens when you eat 1200 but it's mostly carb and less veggie/protein? This sounds like a dumb question as I type it but I would love to hear your thoughts!
hhm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #47  
Cindy

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/136

Height: 5'6"

Hey folks, can I join this party? I've read through this thread and its so energizing! I think 180 is a great mini goal.

I just started going to WW last week and I really think this weight loss journey will be The One. Everything is falling into place, I'm armed with so much knowledge, there are no foreseeable obstacles in my way. Of course, those obstacles are usually nothing but excuses, so I think my body is ready to catch up with my mind and say "no more excuses".

I started the 30 Day Shred workout series and I'm doing that every other day, and running a little on the opposite days. I have a 5K in a couple weeks and really want to be able to run the entire race without stopping to walk (and I use the word "run" loosely; the kids and the speedwalkers usually leave me in the dust, lol).

Anyway, nice to meet you all and I look forward to sharing my journey to 180 and beyond with you.
forkeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:13 AM   #48  
Cindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhm6 View Post
Are any of you completely cutting out something from your diet? I was also wondering, I know it's better to use up your net cals with veggies/protein, but (hypothetically) what happens when you eat 1200 but it's mostly carb and less veggie/protein? This sounds like a dumb question as I type it but I would love to hear your thoughts!
I would think one effect would be hunger, because the protein sources and the fiber from the veggies help keep you full. I don't think I could handle a day like that, personally.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:10 PM   #49  
Determined

S/C/G: 227/207/125

Height: 5' 4''

I have officially lost 20 pounds!
I feel great and my clothes are fitting so much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhm6 View Post

I have to keeps my calories pretty balanced with a little of everything or cravings will kick in. I do try to keep protein/fiber at the top of the list though. Also I eat 80-90% whole & organic foods. I find chemicals and various preservatives lead to increased cravings and/or hunger.

I definitely need carbs, if I don't consume enough carbs I simply do not have sufficient energy to get a decent workout. I get them mostly through veggies, fruit (when I crave something sweet), and whole grains. I love oatmeal and popcorn!
Devoncroix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

Devoncroix: Congrats on the 20 lbs!!! Way to go!!
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #51  
Cindy

Devoncroix: Congrats! The new avatar looks great on you.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:14 PM   #52  
Determined

S/C/G: 227/207/125

Height: 5' 4''

Thanks guys!!
Devoncroix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 196/196/140

Congrats Devoncroix!!

I lost another 1.8 lbs this week, for a total of 7 lbs. Six more to go and I'll be at 180!
Angelic Fruitcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 244/244/140

Height: 5'6.5"

Devoncroix, that is fantastic! Congrats!! :-)
EliseVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #55  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkeeps View Post
Hey folks, can I join this party? I've read through this thread and its so energizing! I think 180 is a great mini goal.

I just started going to WW last week and I really think this weight loss journey will be The One. Everything is falling into place, I'm armed with so much knowledge, there are no foreseeable obstacles in my way. Of course, those obstacles are usually nothing but excuses, so I think my body is ready to catch up with my mind and say "no more excuses".

I started the 30 Day Shred workout series and I'm doing that every other day, and running a little on the opposite days. I have a 5K in a couple weeks and really want to be able to run the entire race without stopping to walk (and I use the word "run" loosely; the kids and the speedwalkers usually leave me in the dust, lol).

Anyway, nice to meet you all and I look forward to sharing my journey to 180 and beyond with you.
Great Job. I've been wanting to try the 30 day shred. how's that going? good luck on your race!

[QUOTE=Devoncroix;4619938]I have officially lost 20 pounds!

/QUOTE]
Great job on reaching -20!

I weighed in at 191, so almost to the 180s
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #56  
the aly bagel

Height: 5'8"

This is one of my goals too! Right now I am aiming to get under 200, then it is 180 for my next goal. When I hit that, I will see how I look, and if I want to lose more it will be 160.

I took a long break from everything, so it feels like I've been waiting eternity to get under 200. My body is holding on with everything it has.
schubunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #57  
Cindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisskiss View Post
Great Job. I've been wanting to try the 30 day shred. how's that going? good luck on your race!
It's going pretty well. I am doing it every other day whereas I think many people do it every day, but it's still very tough. But I like it, and the motivation provided by the instructor really helps when I feel like stopping.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoncroix View Post
I have officially lost 20 pounds!

I have to keeps my calories pretty balanced with a little of everything or cravings will kick in. I do try to keep protein/fiber at the top of the list though. Also I eat 80-90% whole & organic foods. I find chemicals and various preservatives lead to increased cravings and/or hunger.

I definitely need carbs, if I don't consume enough carbs I simply do not have sufficient energy to get a decent workout. I get them mostly through veggies, fruit (when I crave something sweet), and whole grains. I love oatmeal and popcorn!
How did I miss this?! Congrats!!! That's amazing! I can't wait until I get there~
Old 02-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Fruitcake View Post
Congrats Devoncroix!!

I lost another 1.8 lbs this week, for a total of 7 lbs. Six more to go and I'll be at 180!
You're doing so great!! I weighed in 188 this morning which I'm glad since it's no gain yet, but I'm carrying a lot of 'superbowl" weight, I just feel so bloated from all the chips and party platter this weekend so I'm hoping it goes down in few days! I love the energy in this thread!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:36 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 244/244/140

Height: 5'6.5"

Just reading ForKeeps and KissKiss...I'm going to try the 30 Day Shred!! I've got to do something a bit more intense to burn fat, especially since I've just increased my daily calorie intake to 1350. (Unfortunately, I slowed down my metabolism by eating too few calories during the first five weeks of South Beach....so I've been warned that it's going to take a while before I start losing again.)

I'm scared of trying 30 Day Shred -- not sure what I'm scared of...injuring myself? Not getting results? Crazy excuses. So, I'm posting here to hold me accountable: I'm trying it tonight! :-)

Congrats to everyone who is seeing results on the scale....whose clothes are fitting better....and who are sticking to their plans even though they might not yet see the fruit of their labor!!! :-)
EliseVi is offline   Reply With Quote