3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   A little disappointed in myself (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/274011-little-disappointed-myself.html)

Remington90 01-22-2013 03:16 PM

A little disappointed in myself

I've been doing the 30 day shred along with about 3 weeks of eating 1500 calories or less. I started the shred Friday and did Friday, Saturday and Sunday and yesterday was a busy day for me. Didn't end up doing the shred even with advice from ehre that doing it late at night wouldn't be a bad thing. When i got up to do it, I just didn't feel like it. And I'm so pissed at myself that I missed a day.

I just finished it for today and didn't struggle, but I let my laziness kill my workout yesterday. I didn't do ANY work out at all yesterday.

I guess I'm just venting, but I'm so disappointed.

It's 20 minutes ! and I couldn't get my lazy butt up and going.
Ughhhh.

ChickieChicks 01-22-2013 03:18 PM

I know how that feels for sure!

Just remember that losing weight is about 80% what you put in your mouth and 20% moving your body. On days where I don't work out, I just watch my calories that much more closely.

Hang in there! One missed workout is not the end of your weight loss!

Candeka 01-22-2013 03:31 PM

On days that I miss the shred, I will just do it twice the next day. I missed yesterday. Today I have already done it once and then when I get home from work I'll do it again. It makes me feel less guilty that way.

bethFromDayton 01-22-2013 03:37 PM

I can't imagine you'd be as unkind to a friend as you're being to yourself. Yes, you missed a day, and then you had a day when you didn't give your workout 100%. Okay, but you did the workout the second day, even though you felt discouraged with yourself--give yourself credit for that, just as you'd give credit to a friend.

And you did it today--which means you're back on your exercise plan. You also learned how you feel emotionally when you skip a day, so you can use that to remind yourself if you feel tempted to skip again.

I'm impressed that you're tackling the 30 Day Shred--I am trying to convince myself to do it in February.

You've been doing, you can keep doing it. <cheerleading goes here>

avalonmoon 01-22-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickieChicks (Post 4602447)
I know how that feels for sure!

Just remember that losing weight is about 80% what you put in your mouth and 20% moving your body. On days where I don't work out, I just watch my calories that much more closely.

Hang in there! One missed workout is not the end of your weight loss!

I like what ChickieChicks said..eating right is an abundance of importance. I think you're okay as long as you watch your cals/fat. Your body will follow once it knows what's good inside it will be easier. All changes take time.Besides if you feel 'lazy' once inawhile, your body might need a break.

Remington90 01-22-2013 03:53 PM

Thanks all! i'm jsut so impatient and I feel like missing a day will hinder weight loss greatly, and I just want to get the ball rolling at a full pace.

And no, I wouldn't act like this to a friend. I didn't think of it that way. So thanks for that insight.

And I've been watching my calories like its my job but it doesn't seem to do much on the scale.. Maybe I need to eliminate more carbs. Or fats. Although I haven't gone over 200g of carbs any day for the past 3 weeks. Don't really knwo whats going on.

And i'd suggest the 30 day shred. It's tough, and makes you work for it, but the rewarding feeling of getting it done and having the boost of energy is so worth it. I'll remember how I felt yesterday and determine myself to not feel that way again.

Thanks ! :)

bethFromDayton 01-22-2013 04:02 PM

Remington90, how are you tracking your calories?

I use MyFitnessPal, and I've read that lots of people here are equally happy with LoseIt. Both of them have apps and web interfaces. Keeping a food journal somehow changes my goal from "don't eat things that aren't on plan" to "don't eat anything that will make too many calories for today". Somehow that changes things, because I can say to myself "that doesn't fit, calorie-wise" and I can't fib to myself because the numbers are right there.

I'm even going to start a new approach where I put in everything the night before that I'm planning to eat the next day, to avoid during the day decision making.

sontaikle 01-22-2013 04:13 PM

I agree with others in that eating right is SO much more important than exercising. Watching your diet closer on days you don't/can't exercise will help you keep moving forward :)

When hurricane Sandy hit, BOTH of my gyms lost power and I was literally stuck in the house for a week (I was a teacher at the time and my school was closed for a week too). I watched my calories very carefully and wound up being fine. That rest week wound up helping me out a lot and I actually wound up with some great strength gains when I got back into the swing of things!

Remington90 01-22-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethFromDayton (Post 4602515)
Remington90, how are you tracking your calories?

I use MyFitnessPal, and I've read that lots of people here are equally happy with LoseIt. Both of them have apps and web interfaces. Keeping a food journal somehow changes my goal from "don't eat things that aren't on plan" to "don't eat anything that will make too many calories for today". Somehow that changes things, because I can say to myself "that doesn't fit, calorie-wise" and I can't fib to myself because the numbers are right there.

I'm even going to start a new approach where I put in everything the night before that I'm planning to eat the next day, to avoid during the day decision making.

I use LoseIt! and I actually make my lunches and msot meals the night before anyway because I don't want an excuse the next day as to why I can't do a workout or why I "had to eat this" cause I was in a hurry. I make sure everythign is planned out the night before.

In that sense, I'd really recommend doing that. Makes life easier1

HungryHungryHippo 01-23-2013 12:19 AM

I can't remember why, but I did Shred with 1 day off a week. My choice which day. It helped a lot.

shcirerf 01-23-2013 12:37 AM

Along this journey, life happens. It just does.

I had planned to lift yesterday, but I was sick with a crappy cold, called in sick to work, and slept all afternoon.

So, I got up this morning, felt better, went to work with intentions of at least getting in 2 miles on the treadmill.

Didn't happen, just could not get the energy to do it.

My food was spot on, but the workout. Not happening. Don't feel good.

That's ok. I'm feeling better now. I know that I skipped a workout, but that's ok.

I'm not going to worry about making it up, I was sick.

Thursday, I will pick up with the WO where I left off and carry on! I could WO tomorrow, but I really don't think I'm quite ready for that, given my cold, so Thursday it is. :D

Patience and balance. :hug:

novangel 01-23-2013 10:19 AM

When I did 30DS I took Tues and Sundays off. I also spent about a month on level 1. I don't play by the rules. :lol: I was losing so I was doing something right. That DVD is hard, 7 days a week would've killed me.