3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Long Crotch = Sign of Weight loss? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/273868-long-crotch-%3D-sign-weight-loss.html)

mandypandy2246 01-20-2013 09:58 PM

Long Crotch = Sign of Weight loss?

I have just lost a little over 20 lbs and I really can't see or notice it yet. Some people notice it in my face.

I have a long way to go, so I'm not surprised its not noticeable yet. However, I've been noticing all my jeans now have a little bit of a hanging crotch. I never noticed before and it seems noticeably different than how they used to fit.

I'm wondering if I've lost enough in my waist that my jeans are falling just a little lower, accounting for the slighly baggy crotch area. Do you think its possible? do you think this may be a sign of a smaller waist even though the jeans waist doesn't seem to be looser.

Shannon in ATL 01-20-2013 10:10 PM

It is probably from losing some weight around the abdomen and hips so they fall a little looser than before, even if the waist is still the same. Or could be that they are lower in the waist as well. Either way, a good sign. :)

rubidoux 01-20-2013 10:55 PM

I think that's definitely a good sign. I sew and the measurement starting at the front of your waist (or where you want your waistband to sit) down through your legs and up to the back of your waistband is called the "rise". I have been really shocked at the change in my rise while losing weight. I don't know if it's mostly from my butt or what -- I think it is also part lower belly, but it's surprising somehow. Maybe because we never look in the mirror and think, "omg, my rise is so huge!" But I do think if you're seeing a decrease in rise, you're changing shape and getting smaller.

theox 01-20-2013 11:02 PM

Yep! :broc:

mandypandy2246 01-21-2013 12:46 AM

Ooh ... that's happy news! My first real noticeable sign of weight loss! :)

penmage 01-21-2013 07:20 AM

Way to go!

twinieten 01-21-2013 07:29 AM

Those are my favorite kinds of NSVs! WTG!!

Missy Krissy 01-21-2013 09:26 AM

Congratulations! That is most definitely a good sign!

betsy2013 01-21-2013 09:32 AM

Oh absolutely. Often feeling differences in clothing is the first real sign that we are losing weight -- especially when even though we've lost no one else can tell yet. Way to go! I'll look forward to sharing the experience.

pinkflakes 01-21-2013 11:18 AM

Yes it is a sign! great job! :)

RageandMoxy 01-21-2013 11:47 AM

Congratulations MandyPandy!! That is awesome, keep going :)

elvislover324 01-21-2013 01:15 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Please don't take my laughing the wrong way but....

I thought the long crotch was a part of your body and I thought to myself, "what am I in for now???"

I know there is a lot of talk of tummies and arms that need buffing up, I thought my crotch was going to need it too.

You made my whole day, thank you for that! Sorry I took your title the wrong way.

And yay for your long crotch PANTS !!!! :carrot:

freelancemomma 01-21-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandypandy2246 (Post 4599565)
I'm wondering if I've lost enough in my waist that my jeans are falling just a little lower, accounting for the slighly baggy crotch area.

Yes, absolutely. I've noticed the same thing when I lose weight. My pants hang just a little lower on my waist, so not only the crotch but sometimes the legs are a little looser.

Freelance
www.englishgrammargripe.com

Amarantha2 01-21-2013 02:22 PM

Absolutely it is a sign, congratulations. You are doing great & it is bound to manifest itself.

Moondance 01-21-2013 02:30 PM

Congrats on your longer crotch! Ok, that's one of the weirder ones I've ever done! Good example of how motivation and celebration can come from anywhere!