Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 02:59 PM   #31  

Hello Ladies!
Glad to see you back Amanda and Angel.

Angel don't be to hard on yourself you have a full plate. I was thinking about this the other day as I contemplate going back to a day job. I don't really think I would have been as succesful if it weren't for my current schedule. I mean I can exericse in the mid am. But I don't have to rush and get it done before a job. If I can't exericse at home I can at work. Not many jobs can you do that. Also I am not really tempted with offers from coworkers to eat out or for food they bring. The biggest thing is I buy the food for work. I eat there 5 nights a week. My budget there is much better then my budget at home. I think it takes time to work it in to your lifestyle and it sounds like you have things that are more priorty now. As for me I am thankful for the time I have to devote to it now. Because I know it will not always be that way and it scares me.

I am terrible at posting about the topics you gave us Amanda.
I hope its enough to just post!

As for weigh in I lost 2.50 this week! Yeah! I went to the doc today to she said I could shoot for anywhere between 105-140. Very Broad. So I am shooting for 125-135. If I go with the higher number I only have 16 more to go. But that is the slacker me talking! LOL!

Michelle how are you doing??

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Beth
Old 06-09-2003, 09:53 AM   #32  

Height: 5'7"

Beth, I'm so proud of you. You are doing such a great job. Only 16 more to go on the higher number??? Wow I only wish I were that close. You are a real inspiration.

On the positive note for me I went on a 45 minute walk today. Woohoo!!! I'm very proud of myself. Now if I can only continue that.

Talk to you later.

Amanda
Old 06-09-2003, 02:50 PM   #33  

Hello Ladies!
Way to go on the walk Amanda! It is so nice out its a lot easier to get those kind of things done. I went for a bike ride with dh this weekend but that was only exercise that I got in. I had a lot of house projects though.

How are you doing Michelle and Angel?

Well my food was not really bad this weekend but I ate more then usual. I am trying to get back into the swing of things. hey want us to write a menu out at tops and I hate it. I think it makes me eat more. I know that sounds silly. But they always make me feel like they think I don't eat enough. So If I know they will see it. I eat more, make since? TOPS is a great thing don't get me wrong but there are just a few things that I don't like about it.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Beth
Old 06-10-2003, 09:08 AM   #34  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hello Jewels,

Sorry I have been MIA, busy with work and this week is busy with church stuff and my new guy is coming down this weekend! So i'm getting ready for that.

Haven't been exactly OP, but i'm still working on it.

You all seem to be doing well........

More later.

Old 06-10-2003, 04:42 PM   #35  

Talking I can't believe it

I wasn't even trying that hard and somewhere between the last time I weighed myself (maybe 3 weeks ago???) and now I've lost 13lbs. Woohoo!!! I'm all psyched up now. I even got up at 5 this morning came in here read, checked my email and then went for a walk. I'm trying to get to bed a lot earlier than I used to. So now I'm feeling pretty good about some of the things I've been doing. Anyway hope everyone is doing well.

Old 06-11-2003, 02:21 PM   #36  

Hello Ladies!
Way to go Amanda! That is great! Sometimes its when you are not even trying that you get the best results. I mean you are obsessing about it and just going on with the day to day. Keep it up!

Michelle glad you are checking in! Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned! I have a family reunion. We have to drive about 4 hours there and back. But I really wanted to go because I have not seen some of my family in two years. I get all my fat genes from this side of the family though. So you know the food is going to be a killer! Oh well I will enjoy and exericse when I get home!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Beth
Old 06-14-2003, 07:17 AM   #37  

How is everyone doing??? Getting ready to leave for family reunion. Lost 1.5 this week down 50. Here's to an OP weekend!

Beth
Old 06-14-2003, 07:48 AM   #38  

Talking Hi Ladies

Hello Beth, hope your weekend goes well. Michele and Angel, hope to hear from you two soon. As for me, I've been doing pretty well. I have been walking more days than not and Monday I'm going to start a very physical job with my hubby. Loading slash in his truck and driving it to burn piles. It isn't heavy but a lot of bending and such. I hope my back will be okay. I'm sure that doing this I will lose some weight. Plus the $ is good. I'll be able to buy myself some clothes that fit.

I had to go to the college yesterday so of course I had to have fast food. I didn't do too bad though. I had made Huevos Rancheros for breakfast so I wasn't starving by the time I got to town. Then I went to Taco Bell because it is my favorite and I didn't want to get hungry while I was at the college. I had a tostada and water. Then later before I left town I had a 4 pc. chicken nugget kid's meal at Micky D's, even made myself drink diet coke instead of other pop, and a hot fudge sundae. For me I did very well.

Anyway, today I'm at home and I have loads of laundry to do before Monday and I start working with hubby. I know at first I'll be really tired when I get home, but I hope to get in better shape as I work at this. I think we will be moving as well. Probably at the end of July. It will be into a smaller place, but that is okay because we will be buying it. It is a mobile home, but it has a nice big fenced yard. Our payments will be $200 a month plus space rent of $150. The trailer itself is only $5000 and it isn't in bad shape of all. Our goal is to pay it off as quickly as possible. It isn't ideal, but it is a step in the right direction. Anyway ladies wish me luck-this summer is looking busy. See you all again soon.

Old 06-16-2003, 08:58 AM   #39  

Hello Ladies!
Well I made it through the family reunion. My food this weekend was not the best but its a new week! Its hard when you are traveling and away from home.
I tried something new this weekend. We stayed the night with my cousin and his family because it was a four hour drive for us. They took us out to a campground they have set up with my uncle and aunt and the rest of the family. They had four wheelers. I had never driven one in my life. They were like here give a spin. Dh and I had so much fun! They have like 7 of these things. So there was enough for us all to ride. The dk's loved it to. Except my ds freaked when he got mud on him. I commented to dh that I don't know that I would have been as confident to do it 50lbs heavier. I am hoping to try a lot of new things!
Amanda it sounds like you are really getting into the groove of things! I think that is the key to find a schedule that works and stick with it. Once you start seeing results to it really motivates you to keep going. I bet once you contiue to lose you won't want to eat the fast food anymore. I know sometimes you have to but its all about the choices you make and it sounds like you are doing great! I bet that job will help out a lot to! The house sounds great. Its always nice to have something to call your own!

Good Luck this week ladies!

Beth
Old 06-18-2003, 09:25 AM   #40  

All Right Ladies! We are getting quiet again! How is everyone doing? Angel how is school? Michelle how was your weekend? Amanda how is the new job?

Things are okay here. My sister is dealing with alot of crap right now with her dh and could really use some prayers. I won't go into all the sorted details right now. But this whole thing really has me worried.

Hope all is well with you all!

Beth
Old 06-19-2003, 03:11 PM   #41  

Hello Ladies!
How are you all? I am okay. I am really down about this whole thing with my sister but I am trying to just be supportive in whatever she decides. Basic info. Her dh accused her of having an affair. His threatening to leave her and take the kids. Or wants her to leave and leave the dk's! One day he wants to work it out and the next he doesn't. Today he told her he had spoke to an attorney and it was to exspensive to get a divorce so he wants to try and work it out. What kind of crap???? I could go on and on. But as most of you know my sis has a special needs child and she does not need this. She needs lots of prayers.

I know this sounds crazy but my mom wonders if diet pills could not be messing my bil up. He was taking something for awhile. Anyone have expierence with these things making you loopy? I personally think its wishful thinking on my mom's part.

How is everyone doing to stay OP? I am doing okay. Have not been giving it my whole college try but I did lose 1.5 this week. So I am happy with that.

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Beth
Beth

Last edited by losinginillinois; 06-19-2003 at 03:15 PM.
Old 06-19-2003, 05:07 PM   #42  

Talking Hi Beth

Sorry I haven't posted on this thread lately. Anyway, I'm doing good. WI was last Tuesday and I lost 2lbs. Now I'm using Fitday to keep track of each morsal that goes in my mouth. I think it is really helping me make some better choices.

Working with my DH didn't work out, but that is okay. I couldn't keep pace. It just gives me a goal, next summer I want to be out working with him.

I guess that is all for now. Hope things end up okay for your sis, she is in our prayers.

Old 06-21-2003, 09:34 PM   #43  
Web Designer/Homemaker

Default Checking In

Hello All,

I've been MIA for a little while again but I'm still thinking of you all!

Right now I'm getting ready to quit smoking so my weight loss will have to wait until after I've accomplished that. My quit date is July 1st (right now, might make it sooner). I've been using Quitnet to help with that. Another great support system, like all of you.

Amanda, Congrats on the loss. Your doing GREAT!!

Beth I will keep your family in my prayers!!

Will check back in again as soon as I can.

Angie

P.S. Amanda you can email me!!!
Old 06-22-2003, 07:49 AM   #44  

Good Morning!

My dk's woke me up at 6:00am I was not ready to get out of bed. I hate mornings like this. My ds has been sick this week. I am going to take his temp in few and see if he is better. I sure hope so because I need to get out of this house!

Angel good luck with the quitting smoking. I have never smoked but I have heard how hard it is. I am sure you will be so happy about your decision.

Amanda you are doing great! Keep up the good work.

Michelle how are you doing?

I hope everyone has an OP week!

Thanks for the prayers for my sis.

Beth
Old 06-24-2003, 02:02 PM   #45  

OkaY ladies do we need some butt kicking?? How is everyone? I am hanging in here but I need my support buddies!

I hope to hear from you soon!

Beth
Closed Thread