Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #121  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiojane View Post
Dentist was a treat. I'm looking at two extractions next week, one more at a later date and two root canals/crowns. Cool 5 grand right there. I have coverage for 80 percent but I have to check the yearly limit ( and get it all done before my company sells and I'm out of a job). At least the pain is nearly gone.
Does your dental office offer Care Credit? Some do. This way you could use your insurance towards the two extractions; and whatever isn't covered (assuming your coverage max is around $1,000 a year) you could finance the rest. I believe it's 6 months interest free.

Ok, I have a Doc appt at 10:30am and then I will get over to the gym at some point today. TOM is pretty much done so I decided to hop on the scale, no change. :/ I haven't gone to the bathroom though (sorry TMI) so I will workout a few days and then check again, maybe I'm holding some water...I was certain I had lost a few.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:22 AM   #122  
Warrior Princess

I hate the scale.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #123  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

to you Novangel! D@#n that scale!
Old 01-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #124  

Hello all
Diana, it is funny that doctor's advise is to do what you have been doing. Atleast now you know for sure that you are doing the right thing

Novangel, wait a couple of more days after TOM to recheck. It is not guaranteed but sometimes you might see a slight dip a couple of days after TOM. I agree, I hate the scale too

Mamakat, sending positive thoughts your way. Hope the rest of the week is much better for you.

Suds good job on the veggies. Just back from work to dinner is killer time- it kills all your day's worth of effort. so it is a big victory! i am not there yet but I am gonna try drinking a can of diet coke from 6-8 and see if that helps. Of course yours is 100% better option

Exercise today none: my break day
Calories: was on target yesterday

Last edited by Rasagolla; 01-23-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #125  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

diana unplug your monitor overnight and let the power drain

mamakat you are beyond awesome. What you fight through amazes me

alaskan those Munchie days are rough!

novangel I can manage the procedures financially but I'll look into financing through the dentist as it leaves my money free for emergencies. Thanks.

Yesterday calories burned:836
Swimming!

Yesterday calories in:2015
Carrots
Cheddar cheese
Two hamburger patties with cheese and onion
Caesar salad
Mint cold stone creamery ice cream
One Tim hour tons double double
Polish sausage
Green beans

Last edited by Radiojane; 01-23-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #126  
Starting over sucks.

Oh. And weigh in was 346.1. Almost at 90!
Old 01-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #127  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

good morning i went to my doctor after the morning work shift was over and i do have a sinus infection....he gave me antibiotics for it...i'm resting until the afternoon work starts and ate quite a bit of comfort food, logging 1100 calories on the other hand, i probably wont be hungry for the rest of the day LOL

it's DH and i 3rd anniversary today although we've been together over 10 years...we'll go out to dinner tonight but again, i'll be eating lightly

yesterday a parent who i know well came to pick up her child...i just haven't seen her in a very long time...i had just walked in the room and was surprised to see that quite a few students had already been picked up...as this parent leaves, she pauses and asks "so where's the rest of you?"....i give her this BLANK stare and rather frantically tried to figure out what she meant...i said "huh?" and she sort of motioned with her hand and said "where's the rest of you?"....i'm in "work mode" and thinking students so i said "well alot of the students have already gone home"...she laughed and made a curvy motion with her hands and said "no, you...you got skinnier! where did the rest go?" and we both laughed...but boy did i feel dumb while trying to figure out what she had meant LOL

and our old principal came back to visit yesterday....she retired a few years ago...and the first thing she said to me was how much weight i'd lost

so those were nice things!
Old 01-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #128  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiojane View Post
diana unplug your monitor overnight and let the power drain
I went online last night to read about problem solving for the monitor. Based on the self check's that I did, it appears there's an issue with the video cable. When I got to the shop, I called Dell. They worked with me for about an hour and decided that the problem is with the video cable. Do you have any experience with video cables? I wonder how they break or go bad when you don't even touch the things. Any thoughts on this situation? I have limited knowledge with this. They did a remote take over to look into the programs/set ups, etc. They updated the monitor software, etc and everything seems fine in that area. I wonder, if I can return the video cables, if that's not the problem.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #129  
Starting over sucks.

You should be able to send them back if you don't need them. It will be more expensive if its the connection on the monitor though.

I'm self taught in computer stuff. I just play around until I figure it out.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #130  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

hi everyone...I've been sick! I was all happy that I've had a flu shot and wouldn't be getting the flu...which I haven't...but I picked up a NASTY head cold where I'm so congested my head may as well be a giant brick Needless to say, I haven't been really doing much besides laying on the couch (sitting at my desk here at work now) and don't think I'll be able to hit the gym this week. That drives me nuts! I haven't been watching my food too much in favor of having comfort foods, but wouldn't you know I'm still 166 on the scale? WHAT is it about that damn number!!!

Today so far (so good):

breakfast: waffle sandwich = two frozen whole grain waffles, egg beaters, slice of 2% American cheese

Lunch: ham sammich! = section of seeded baguette split in half for a sandwich, around 2 ounces deli ham, lots of baby spinach, and provolone cheese.

no snack yet, but I have a nectarine with me

I'm not sure about dinner yet, but if the hubs is in charge (and tonight he may be with me so low on energy) it probably won't be as healthy as what I would make! He tends to like to make burritos out of random mixtures of ramen soup noodles, chili beans, cheese, peppers, etc...good think I'm keeping the calories down during the day! I am also enjoying lots of tea and sodium free chicken broth!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #131  

Seems everyone has been going to the doctor and dentist lately! I went to the dentist this morning and I needed to schedule 3 more appointments to take care of some of the really bad problems I have. The pain in my mouth is definitely affecting the way I eat. I am looking forward to being pain free.

Going to Zumba tonight. I'm hoping to drag my mother along. She says she wants to lose weight, but she never seems to want to go to the classes with me. I try to not push her and be annoying, but I really want to help her get healthy. She turns 60 next year and I want her around for a lot longer!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:41 PM   #132  
Warrior Princess

TheLauren, Yeah it seems we're all going to Doc appts lately. I had to go this morning and now my boyfriend is at the Dentist so I have to wait for him to come back so I can go to the gym. Next I'm due to see the GYN (ugh) and my son is due for his yearly physical.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #133  
I WILL get there...again

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I'm officially in the 150s!!!! Just barely but still. My 30 day shred arrived today so I hope to start tomorrow...I'm a little intimidated to be honest.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #134  

bunna bear congrats!!! I don't blame you for being intimidated but I'm sure you'll do well! I'm looking forward to a point where I feel good enough to try. Let us know how it goes
Old 01-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #135  

Hi all! I had to share what I had for dinner. I boiled cabbage and used them in place of the spaghetti noodle! All I had to do was whip up a bit of red sauce. So good and super super filling!

Good luck with the 30 day shred. I have heard many good things about it. One of these days I will jump on that band wagon and get the calorie burn on!
Closed Thread