Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #91  

Thanks for the many warm welcomes. So happy to share the journey with you all. I was on track today, despite having the day off and having easy access to the pantry and fridge. I just brushed my teeth for the night to keep any temptations and cravings away. Anyone else with me??!
Old 01-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #92  
Proud Mom

S/C/G: 160/129/125

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post
Pink, ACV?

What are the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar?
■Rich in potassium, a mineral that is often times lacking in adult diets. This mineral is key for growth, building muscles, transmission of nerve impulses, heart activity etc. It also helps to prevent brittle teeth, hair loss and runny noses.
■Rich in acetic acid. This acid is said to slow the digestion of starch which can help to lower the rise in glucose that commonly occurs after meals.
■Rich in ash which gives ACV its alkaline property. This aids your body in maintaining proper pH levels for a healthy alkaline state. (It is particularly important if you drink a lot of coffee or wine.)
■It can help regulate blood pressure and reduce bad cholesterol.
■Rich in malic acid which gives ACV its anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
■May help improve bowel irregularity and helps to remove toxins from the body at a faster rate.
■It can help clear up skin conditions and blemishes.
ACV helps with weight loss by breaking down fats so that your body can use them rather than store them.
■A few lab studies have found that ACV may be able to kill cancer cells or slow their growth.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #93  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Misti You have a beautiful area to walk. Enjoy!

Mamakat I know you love your little ones with all of your heart and you want the very best for them. I hope you got some resolution today. Still wishing you the very best. Hang in there.

Krissy Good job getting right back at it.

Suds Hi and welcome to the check-in! Congrats on the 4 pounds! You are off to a great start!

Trenchie Gotta love a cooperative scale! :

Radiojane Congrats on the 85 pounds! I hope you can get some relief tomorrow with your tooth. LOL on the electrically charged girdle. You've got some hot stuff in those jeans.

Pinkflakes Keep up the great work! Congrats on the pound!

Bunnabear Good job on getting that workout in early. I hope you feel better from the migraine.

Lauren Your meal sounds awesome!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:02 PM   #94  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Tomorrow is my appointment with the Endo. I will report back when I find out the results.

Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
2 Grilled Mahi tacos 600 calories
Sauce 100 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60 w/weighted gloves
Old 01-21-2013, 09:41 PM   #95  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

had a good day in terms of eating and working out today...stayed home for the holiday and got some stuff done...didn't do much today...

last night my stomach was SOOOO upset and i'm not sure why, possibly the almond milk that i had(?)....just now my stomach is starting to get upset again but i dont know why again (no almond milk recently either)...

ive been nibbly all day but have kept my calories and choices well within range so i'm proud of that

my lower sinuses are continuing to bother me off and on on the left side of my face...my gums ache in random places and come and go...when i tip my head down i feel awful pressure in my sinuses...so i know this is a sinus problem and not a dental problem...so far been taking Bayer to relieve the pain, which is not constant and has no connection to having eaten anything either (again, not a dental issue)...not quite sure what to do next or if i can just wait it out like i've done before

venison roast for dinner! cousins from one of the villages sent us a whole deer! yummm
Old 01-21-2013, 10:55 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I had a good day today except the sweets. I had one slice of cake, a chocolate covered cherry and one scoop sherbet. Oh well. It's one day, I'll do better tomorrow. I go back to school tomorrow - that's what I'll have to watch out for. I SWEAR I won't go near the vending machines!
Old 01-22-2013, 01:23 AM   #97  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

The scale said 188.1!!!! I lost all the weight I'd regained and a tiny bit more and I'm in the 180's and I'm only 3 kg away from being overweight instead of obese and jfgfisgdihhajgshsdih!!!!1: carrot:

Also, my cat won't eat her food and I'll leave in an hour and she will be alone hungry and I'm afraid she will tear the house down.

Also, it's finals season here and I'm giving an exam in 2 hours. Wish me luck!
Old 01-22-2013, 05:56 AM   #98  
Proud Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marniadec View Post
The scale said 188.1!!!! I lost all the weight I'd regained and a tiny bit more and I'm in the 180's and I'm only 3 kg away from being overweight instead of obese and jfgfisgdihhajgshsdih!!!!1: carrot:

Also, my cat won't eat her food and I'll leave in an hour and she will be alone hungry and I'm afraid she will tear the house down.

Also, it's finals season here and I'm giving an exam in 2 hours. Wish me luck!
Congrats!
Old 01-22-2013, 05:59 AM   #99  
Proud Mom

Good Morning! Boy is it cold here..school is even on a 2 hour delay because
it' so cold!

Calories yesterday : 1444
2 glasses of water 32 ounces of coffee and 2 soda's/yikes!

20 min zumba/10 min pilates/ 15 min walking

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by pinkflakes; 01-22-2013 at 06:00 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:00 AM   #100  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I had a bump up from water weight (TTOM) this morning. It looks like TTOM should be ending in the next day or so. Today is day 10. Hopefully I can start getting rid of the water weight. I am really curious about my thyroid numbers. I tend to be really thyroid sensitive. If things are not correct, it wrecks havoc in a big way for me. My main number was well over 10 last year, then it went down to a little over 5 and then back up to almost 6. All of this is with an increase in the dosage of medicine I'm taking.

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 160 (TTOM)
Up: .4

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-22-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:08 AM   #101  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

RadioJane you are doing wonderfully. I hope your tooth gets better soon. I think out of all the pain, tooth pain is the worst. It's funny (not haha, but odd) that the mouth has so much power over the entire body. I always say to the kids teeth and feet the most important places to keep well, either one goes off, your entire body goes off. Good luck

Pinkflakes 2 hours for a delay? Why bother going in? We missed so much school this year due to Sandy that they are holding tight to delays and cancelations. We had a snow drift last night but nothing major here. They did say it would be 9 below...LOL, I've lived here for 16 years and I still don't understand what that means, except it's cold enough for a jacket Stay warm.

Marniadec congrats on the loss and breaking into the 180s. Hope your cat eats soon. Good luck on finals. The kids here are having them too.

alaskan I hope you feel better soon. Sinus are awful.

Diana good morning

I gotta head out and take the kids to school. That's right, both kids are going. DS's doc said he's not a threat Now I gotta go make the principal believe that...I have bedhead still! I haven't shaved my head in two months!

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:19 AM   #102  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everybody. Just racing through... time to head for work. It is soooo hard to get up and out at 4 AM when I am working overtime but have to remind myself that the $$$ are nice! And I don't mind it once I am in the car and going; it is just the getting there part!

Happy day
Old 01-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #103  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

5 am - 360

Cream Cheese - 60
Saltines - 120
Special K Protein Bar - 180

10 am - 100

Chips Ahoy Thin Crisps - 100

12 pm - 320

Michelina's Sesame Chicken - 260
Juicy Juice - 60
Twizzler - 38

6 pm - 610
Salmon w/ Sherry Dijon Glaze - Approximately 350
Asian Salad - 180
Swiss Cheese - 80

Total: 1428
Weight: 189.2 (TOM)

Last edited by Psychic; 01-22-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #104  
Japanese Student

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'3''

Okay so, I had been all the way down to 203 before Christmas, and afterward, I crept back up to 209. Very disappointing. But now that Christmas has subsided, I've been keeping on task. I hadn't weighed since I saw that 209, and I decided that if I were going to make any real progress, I'd have to do it without a scale.

I weighed just now just be curious, and I'm back to 204! If I keep this up, I might just be able to get under 200 by March like I want to!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #105  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Mamakat I can live with tooth pain - I've been hospitalized twice for kidney stones, and passed one that the nurses felt the need to hold on to and show everyone because it was so huge. This tooth pain is a close second though! I'm almost looking forward to the dentist this afternoon. I've been told by the doctors that I have a phenomenal tolerance for pain, and it may be part of the reason pain killers never work for me. I get high as a kite on codiene, but the pain is still there. Demerol just makes me puke and takes away my will to scream. Morphine dulls it a little.

Out of the 350's today! It's hard to believe that just a few months ago I could step on the scale and still see the 400's!! I just wish I wasn't wearing the same pants I was 90 pounds ago. I stayed under the covers yesterday morning, so I ended up swimming in the afternoon during public swim. It's so cold here that there was maybe 3 other people in the pool, all kids. So I was able to "play" a little more with my workout instead of staying in a straight line. It was nice.

Yesterday Calories in: 2031
Broccoli
Dill Dip
Cheddar cheese
Almonds
Baked Salmon
Cottage Cheese
Garlic Sausage
Baby Carrots
Green Tea
Bacon
Sliced onion