Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-05-2013, 12:40 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Avalonmoon--Heck ya! You are totally welcome to join! I wasn't even technically in the weight range when I started the thread. I just continued on a version of the thread's previous name. It probably needs a complete overhaul next time. Anyone have any bright ideas? By the way Avalonmoon, you have been impressing me on MFP! You are obviously a high energy and committed person. Onederland will be here soon for you.

FluffyPuppy--I'm so glad you survived work on Sunday. I'm wondering if a big dog kennel would do the trick to contain your dogs. That must have been a scary situation. I'm over the 49ers losing. I was really there more for the commercials than the game.

Lauren--I probably would have done exactly what you did if I was super hungry. Another thing I might have done was just fasted until the next meal and had some tea or a diet soda to tide me over. Those are tough situations! I'm so glad you felt lighter and better today! I need to come rub elbows with you.

Sofie--I would collapse and die if I tried to run 3.8 miles. That's awesome! You must be in amazing shape!

Stars--Good for you for not cheating on the Superbowl snacks!
---------------
Well, I fasted in the morning before the Superbowl and then just ate reasonably but freely during the party. I was about 560 calories over budget, but I'm OK with that considering I was 200 low the previous day. Plus, I've come to realize that I enjoy life much more when I'm able to relax and enjoy food once in a while. My team lost, but it's OK. It was a good game. I got in a great workout today and was a few hundred calories below budget. MyFitnessPal told me I would slightly surpass my goal in five weeks if every day were like today. Yeah, right! I'll believe that when I see it.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:46 AM   #77  

S/C/G: SW 228/CW 138/GW 130-150

Height: 5'3.5

Lauren, I have been bouncing around 158-160 since Christmas with no real losses and I am very frustrated. There is only so low you can go. I am hoping consistency will win out in the end. I am trying to pretend I am maintaining and that puts me in a better mind frame. No gain and I'm good.

Think about the long haul and I think you will be fine.

Last edited by dstalksalot; 02-05-2013 at 12:47 AM.
dstalksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:45 AM   #78  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

Lauren- stop being so hard on yourself! life threw you a curve ball, and you reacted. WELL. Things won't always work out how you have planned them, and you can't have a type A personality about it! Just roll with the punches and enjoy your time!

Avalonmom- ofcourse you're welcome! Soon you'll out-shrink this thread and won't know what hit you :P

Fluffypuppy- OH NO! I can't believe that actually happened!! Hope your dogs are okay! --- Yes I always run this distance! I do it in about 50 minutes with intervals (mostly running). I am hoping to make it to 3 solid at a flat incline, on a treadmill in the next couple of weeks so I can start practicing endurance outside.

----
New day, I ended up over eating some healthy stuff last night, ofcourse, but it's okay. I have this urge to weigh again, but holding off is probably the better idea. this is like a weekly ritual lol
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:27 AM   #79  
Dedicated Yogi

i am so annoyed with myself. I feet fat, and need to get back on plan, rather then, being "on plan" then going off plan and binging.

i guess here we go again.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #80  
Almost there!

S/C/G: 212/163.8/130

Height: 5'4

stimkovs, I know how you feel! I with ya on this, I am doing the same thing.

I don't know what's with me. I have been cheating a lot lately. Well, I am really depressed for a variety of reasons so that could be what's getting me off track. Anyway, I will do good for a certain amount of days, then cheat. Like I cheated tonight. more like binge ate tonight. Got to get myself under control. I usually don't cheat more than a day, most recently I did 2 days in a row, but I get back on track. Anyone have any words of encouragement? I could really use some support right now. Im okay with this day of cheating, but I hate to keep doing it so often. Usually I have 1 or 2 cheat days a month when I am at a stall and it moves the scale. But I am not even on a stall.

Last edited by Stars; 02-06-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:24 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/125-ish

Height: 5' 1/2"

Hi all,
I'm currently day 8 binge-free. I had another dr appointment today. She asked how I was doing, how things went with telling my husband, and if I'd like to see a dietician. She's going to refer me to one who specializes with eating disorders.
It's kinda mind-boggling to say these things out loud, for example in answering her questions, saying that I plan what I'm going to buy when I go to the grocery store before I buy it. Like, Oh my gosh, this really is not normal behaviour, this is a problem. I do think that I'm not too far into it, but it is still a problem. It'll be interesting to speak to the dietician.
I had a good day today, was under my calories for once. I need to focus on eating better, more 'whole' foods, less junk. I might just start drinking tea more often, maybe drinking an herbal tea will help with my sweet cravings, or at least distract me from them.

Stars- I'm not sure how to help, but maybe you need a different plan? If you're having lots of 'cheat days', then it doesn't seem your diet is working for you.
CleverName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:58 AM   #82  
Dedicated Yogi

stars- same issue. it's actually really de-motivating. like, i feel like sometimes i go over, and then throw caution to the winds and start consuming.

I have a personal challenge, with motivation right now- 7 days binge free. From today until next wednesday, and I will buy myself a pair of new jeans. I need new "work appropriate" jeans and havent bought any clothing since my trip to Michigan for new years, I think that will be a really nice reward. I just find it annoying because I don't even have an opportunity to buckle down for more then a couple of days, there is food, EVERYWHERE but I just reached my red line this morning- so it's time. I feel BIGGER, but the funny thing is, I am in the best physical shape of my life. Weird.

Last edited by stimkovs; 02-07-2013 at 07:01 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:00 AM   #83  

Stars and Sofie--Sorry to hear about the binging. For some reason, I've been so hungry lately. Thankfully I'm not a binger, but I can easily see how this happens. You might want to step back and see if you can identify any triggers. It might be easier to avoid the trigger situations altogether (if possible) to head off the binges before they start. When I get really hungry, I am using herbal tea. And in a weird way it works to tamp down the cravings and gives me something yummy to ingest. Sofie, good luck with your challenge. Sounds like a good one. Clothes are always super motivating for me.

CleverName--I'm glad to hear your doctor made that referral. It sounds like a good one. Be sure to share any words of wisdom she gives. We can probably all benefit.
---------------
I weighed myself before dinner tonight and saw a new low. I'm excited to see what happens in the morning because I always weigh less then. I'm not going to believe what I saw tonight until the scale says something similar tomorrow. I'm crossing my fingers. I'm also aware that my scale can play mean tricks sometimes.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:09 AM   #84  
Dedicated Yogi

Moving Forward- I am SO excited for you. Do tell us what your new low is!! That's awesome, you're like the incredible shrinking woman!

My issue, I think is actually over exertion. We're in the middle of getting a snow storm, so I didn't go to yoga last night, and my earphones crapped out on me, so I didn't go for a run...I just kind of relaxed, and SAT. Sometimes, I try to overcompensate my eating by working out too much- which means I am lean , and full of energy, but I think the reality is, I need to focus more on the eating and the calmness of things.

I ate about 1800 calories, given that my bmr is a high 1600 that's fine, but 1800 is usually something I eat on heavy workout days, which does make me a little nervous. I did also have some chinese food but it was pretty controlled, and didn't lead me to a carb related binge, which is nice. I feel a little better today, but that was only day 1.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 145/124/?

Height: 5" 4

We're supposed to get a couple feet of snow so I stocked up
on a few items. Weren't many vegetables available - the grocery store was a pitiful site. And a lot of lines of course.
I ate before I went and that helped. I did not buy any muffins or other foods I shouldn't be stuck at home with.
HappyHoliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #86  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Last night it was super rainy and dreary and I had 0 energy to go to the gym. I'm not going to the gym either today cause I got called in early to work and I don't want to be in a rush. Blah! There's always Saturday! I think after Saturday I'm gonna really try to make it a goal to work out Monday - Friday no matter what. It can be done; I just gotta make it work!

I've been bopping around 159 and 160 for what seems like forever; I don't really know what caused me to gain back the 2-3 pounds I lost but I really hope they come off (and more) within the next couple weeks. TOM's due Monday or Tuesday, so maybe that'll give me the big giant woosh I've been hoping for. I thought about lowering my calories, but then I'd be eating bare-minimum for me and that's just not sustainable for me. 1400 is as low as I'll go. I figured more exercise would do the trick, but so far it hasn't seemed to help any. I've done really great this week about staying under 1500 calories and not going off plan, so maybe my efforts will make something happen!
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #87  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

Thanks Fluffypuppy and Sofie. =)
MovingForward...awe thank you..I like tracking my food,well sometimes.lol
Thanks for letting me slide in here, I promise to get my #s lower..I'm
sporting 201 today once again. Which is the lowest I made it to..but the
battle continues..Glad to be here with awesome war on weight peeps.
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #88  

Well, the low I was all excited about never actually materialized. Yes, I stepped on the scale and saw 146.something. But then I noticed my scale was crooked so I straightened it. When I did that, it jumped up 2 pounds! So I decided to pick my scale up and try some other locations. Then it read 147.2 in each of those locations. Grrrr. Yesterday, it was back up to the low 148's.

I hope everyone is doing well on this fine Sunday. Be safe if you are in storm country.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #89  

Emotional roller coaster here! Drama alert! So I just posted that my new never materialized once I realized my scale was crooked and straightened it out. I just went and did my daily weigh in (yes, I torture myself like that) and the scale read 146.9--a new low! Just to be safe, I picked up the scale and tried it in 5 different locations. It was the same everywhere!

I don't know about everyone else, but I don't ever adjust my ticker upwards. I only do it when I've hit a new low. Just did it!
Old 02-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 145/124/?

Height: 5" 4

Moving forward-

That's a great question. Last month I lost 4 lbs somehow week one, but then gained a LOT the rest of the month. I didn't change my display weight (I don't use a ticker but list on my profile) right away, but eventually after I dropped some of the pounds I updated my profile.

It sucks that I was at 145 and now 152 but better than the 161 so I like to see the numbers going back to 145. I guess what I'm saying is if I gain again but it's a pound or even 4 I wouldn't adjust the ticker because I know it's just a blip and could be down again quickly.

I may venture outside today. Been couped up inside due to 2+ feet of snow. Cars are allowed on the roads now but I'm going to see if there are sidewalks cleared else I'm going to walk in the street.
HappyHoliday is offline   Reply With Quote