Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 164/see ticker/125

Height: 5 feet even

I read this thread all the time, so I thought I would go ahead and join in and make it official!

Right now, my weight is at 154.5. I am REALLY hoping to be well out of the 150's by the end of March. I do have a wedding to attend on the 16th, but honestly, it's for a brother in law that is half my age and I'm not particularly close to (though he's a nice guy! Just at different points in life and live in different states)

I'm going solo down there, and don't play any significant part in the ceremonies so the only hiccup will be that I will be away from home and the 'easy' planning of a diet for 3 days.

I volunteered to 'work' the reception and it's basically going to be a big BBQ (what can I say? it's in Mississippi and the theme for the reception is 'burlap and lace) The food really isn't that horrible diet wise and besides it's one meal and I'll eat a BBQ sand, NOT a big deal.

I really don't forsee it messing up my plans too much, and I'm not counting it as an obstacle as much as simply making sure to make a plan and stay busy while I'm there.

I reealllly, want to be out of the 150s asap, especially considering it's been the 140s that have always been my nemesis in the past.

Anyway, jumping on board, and wanted to say hey!
Katydid77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:55 AM   #137  

S/C/G: SW 228/CW 138/GW 130-150

Height: 5'3.5

Moving Forward- you are 5 pounds away from your goal. That is excellent! Remember, you should pick a goal range not one number. If you are feeling like you are close, have your current weight your red line weight and 140 your bottom. Everything in between is acceptable variance with water weight etc.

I am similar in height and goal.

I am 5.3 and a half. 145 will be my bottom and 150 is my redline. I am at 154 currently.....well 155. I got down to 154 two weeks ago, went back up to 155 and holding steady. I am expecting to drop two pounds after my cycle starts again but loss has been very very slow. 2-3 pounds a month maybe....just trekking along at an average of 1500 cals a day and cycling. I am kind of refusing to go any lower. My goal weight will come when it comes and I need to concentrate now on fitness.....but I am a bit annoyed because I want to go shopping and alter some of my nicer clothes.

Mimisy G-keep going....that is the key.....just keep going. :-) you will get back down.

Katydid- hello. I would suggest bringing some of your happy foods that will keep you on track when you are away. Oatmeal weighed, Dried fruit, turkey jerky or what ever you snack food is. That way you will have your fall back if you need your healthy meal. Do your best at portion control and drink lots of water. Enjoy the wedding!!
dstalksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #138  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

That 160s flook is gone! That was definitely water weight -- weighed myself this morning and I'm back down to 158.5. I also noticed last night when I took my BC that this is the week before my period, so I have all kinds of things working against me this week. Hopefully things will be back to normal next week and I can get the rest of these pounds off!

I posted about this in the weight training section, but I'm really thinking about using NROL4W as a maintenance tool for when I hit goal; I think it'll give me the structure I need to get the results I want, but when I'm ready for my weight to be more stable. In the meantime, I wanna see what I can do with my own body. I have a couple apps on my phone that give me a daily ab/butt work out so I wanna see how they work! Does this sound like a bad plan?
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #139  

Mimsy- I was thinking of incorporating lifting eventually, but am not at this point. I am thinking for me at least it is an excuse to put it off for tomorrow......but I am OK with that. Small baby steps forward are OK in my book. :-) do what you feel comfortable doing. Lifting is suppose to be awesome for your body.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

How exciting to see so much life here today.

Welcome Katydid77! I'm glad you made it official and joined us. I got a kick out of hearing about the barbeque "burlap and lace" wedding. I live in Californa and that is so NOT a typical wedding here. I say go enjoy yourself in moderation. It's taken me a long time to get to the point where I can relax about food at special occasions. I've not seen any drastically bad consequences since doing this several times. I'm convinced the body reacts more to what you do over the course of time and will forgive a cheat day here and there.

Lauren--I'm so glad the 160's were just a fluke! I hope you got over your thoughts of kicking yourself sooner rather than later! Sorry I didn't see that until today; I would've definitely responded sooner had I seen that. I responded in the weightlifting section, but I am loving NROLW. It has given me structure, know-how and confidence to start lifting and I am seeing a difference. I see no reason to wait until you hit goal to start either.

Dstalksalot--Thanks for the perspective about looking for a goal range rather than an absolute weight. I've had my eye on a single number, but now that you mention it that is not realistic over time. I'll have to do some thinking about what my low and red line numbers should be. Your suggestion sounds pretty good though. It's nice to hear you are close too!

Stars--What a great feeling! I've pretty much been there too lately--for the first time in years. I've literally been surprised to see myself in the mirror several times lately, like I'm not used to this body yet. Don't get me wrong, I can definitely get used to this! . Enjoy!
---------------
I had lunch today at Macaroni Grill with a friend from high school today. It was so easy and guess-free to order with the calories listed on the menu. My friend remembers me from high school when I was thin and said I hadn't changed a bit. Ha! The last time he saw me was at a reunion 3 years ago and he didn't remember that I was heavier back then. Needless to say, he didn't even notice my loss which I was totally fine with. It was just sort of weird that his mental image of me was a thinner person and he basically skipped over my heavier years.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:30 AM   #141  

Moving Forward: you are so very positive and reaffirming. I love that!
Old 03-06-2013, 03:11 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/125-ish

Height: 5' 1/2"

Wow! Glad to see everyone here!

Moving Forward- I need to vacuum every day, or twice a day now that Mr. Man started crawling last week!
That's awesome that you're at the end- whether that's right now, or in 5 lbs. You can take your time deciding whether you're done or not, there's no rush.
That's so funny about your friend- it must be good to hear that you haven't changed a bit, lol!

Lauren- I know how you're feeling. I've re-gained pounds many times, doubling the time it takes to lose those pounds. Don't feel ashamed, I think it's probably quite normal for most people. Just part of the process, you know? Glad that you're back down a few pounds, and you'll have a better idea next week of where you're really at.

Stars- Congrats on 136! That's awesome, and even better is how you're feeling about your body. That's a great place to be at. Hope your meal with your 'outlaw' goes well!

Katydid- Welcome! Glad to have you posting! We have the same stats- I'm 5' (I'm actually 5' 1/2", but I normally just say 5', its easier ) and 154ish lbs. It sounds like you have everything well planned for your time away from home, and I think that dstalksalot's suggestion of bringing your own snack foods and water is an excellent idea.

Dstalksalot- You seem to have a great perspective on your final goal and where you're at right now!

AFM- I was incredibly sick yesterday, and today I've been recovering and re-hydrating. I got worse as the day went on, when I went to bed I couldn't even keep 1 oz. of water down. I lost 3.2 lbs in one day. I suppose it will take a couple of days for my body to re-hydrate properly, and I'll see where my weight is then. Hopefully it will stay down, lol! I went from 157.2 to 154.0, and I was 154.0 again today. I've done two days of the 30 day shred, had two days rest due to my illness, and am planning on doing day 3 of the shred tomorrow.

Last edited by CleverName; 03-06-2013 at 03:12 AM.
CleverName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:14 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 145/124/?

Height: 5" 4

I'm back in the states. I ate very badly overseas. Now I have a cold or bronchitis so not really able to taste food. I still crave food a bit because of boredom/stress..

151.0 which is ok considering.
This month I plan to see the 145 that I saw in January!

Since I no longer do circuit training twice a week , I now do zero exercise and do think I may have lost some muscle and replaced it with fat, so that could be why the scale is not throwing a worse number at me. I'm not ready to add a new exercise program at the moment. I think I want to return to 145 first.
HappyHoliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/125-ish

Height: 5' 1/2"

HappyHoliday- Glad to have you back! You're right, that's not too bad considering your trip. I hope your cold/bronchitis goes away quickly!

I was 154.0 again this morning. Dare I move my ticker? Or should I expect my body to regain another pound or two of fluid?
CleverName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #145  

I noticed a lot of us are in the mid 150's...just an observation.... Carry on.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #146  

Ugh! I've been laying in bed all day. I started getting super sized gastrointestinal distress when I went to bed last night. It kept me up so I didn't get a good night's sleep. I'm still eating, just feeling off as I lay here and think about all the work that is not getting done at work. The scale showed an all-time low today, which I'm positive is just due to dehydration.

CleverName--I feel your pain! Sounds like we've been in the same boat.

HappyHoliday--Welcome back! I hope you feel better soon.

I think I need to go find my face mask now. Take care everyone.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:06 AM   #147  

I would love to join in! I was told by my doctor to LOSE WEIGHT. How many of you have heard that one? I'm 5'2 and currently 177. I started out at 184 on 1/9. I'm stuck here at 177 for days now. I can't remember the last time I was "out of the 170's".

I'm getting frustrated! I journal my food so I know I'm staying with my calories, I treadmill walk 4X a week. I work at the library so my job is physical, on my feet 4-6 hours 3X a week. I've cut out the stuff I love - baked goods and sweets! But I do allow myself to bake a cake on Saturday and this is my one treat for Saturday night.

I eat breakfast daily and have been cutting out processed foods and "white" stuff....

I'm just not sure how to budge that scale at this point, but to get out of the 170s would be a dream. My ultimate goal is 135 and wow, would that be lovely!

My age is 58 so I know that is a problem, too, with weight loss.

I'm coming here looking for another weapon in my weight loss arsenal -- a support group!

Kris
grayhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:12 AM   #148  
Almost there!

S/C/G: 212/163.8/130

Moving forward and clevername, thank you so much!

Moving forward, you are such an inspiration to me. You really helped me keep on track and you are doing amazingly well yourself! Your avatar looks incredible! Congrats on your loss!

Im at 135 today!

Last edited by Stars; 03-07-2013 at 09:14 AM. Reason: added my weight lol
Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:34 AM   #149  

Welcome Grayhenry! You've already made some good progress since January. This weight loss thing is never a straightforward linear process, I'm learning. For no reason I could tell, I was stuck at 150 for three months. Then all of a sudden things started moving again after I took a 2 week diet break. Don't get discouraged. It will happen for you if you stick with it.

Stars--You are too sweet! Talk about inspirational! 135 is great! You must be teensy tiny by now!
Old 03-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #150  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Got back down to 154 today! I knew I felt lighter! ^_^ I'm ready for my ticker to be correct again, lol.
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote