Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #31  

S/C/G: tick'

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aileen View Post
Give it another week of what you're doing and you should see the first few lbs come off, but it can take up to six weeks for your body to readjust to the changes you're making and to release all the toxins, salt, retained water, and finally fat held in your cells.

You can do it! Hang in there, consistency is queen.
Would an internal detox help ? Foot detox ro remove toxins help ?

I'm not looking for a miracle product. I know it takes hard work and determination. But if doing a cleanse or detox would rid of the toxins, I just might giver a try.
Remington90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 159/t/130

Height: 5'6"

I'd bet money that what you're dealing with is water weight. The female body is weird that way -- ovulation, TOM, sodium, hard new exercise -- ****, I'm bloated right now and none of those things apply to me today.

You say you're doing weight training four times a week -- did you just start doing that two weeks ago? That can make your muscles retain water. That chinese buffet and those chicken nuggets you ate were SURELY stuffed with sodium. That'll make you retain water too. If you're in the middle of your cycle you could very easily be ovulating right now, which always causes me to retain water. Triple water weight whammy, right there.

I'm in the same boat as you -- I've been OP for two weeksish and haven't seen much weight loss yet. It sucks when you see other people starting diets and getting gigantic immediate whooshes but you know what?? That's water weight too. And if you ARE retaining a lot of it, the good thing is eventually you get to have a whoosh where it all goes away.

The truth is that weight loss is really gradual and sometimes two weeks isn't enough time to see a change. I lost 30 pounds a couple of years ago, and that really got me to this point where I know my body and how it fluctuates.
You'll get there too!! After a awhile, you're going to be able to get on the scale, see that you haven't dropped, and say "psh! This always happens right before my period!" Don't take the scale too seriously. Take measurements more seriously, but I don't think you can really see results there if you're looking at them more than monthly??? I don't know. But you're doing a good thing for yourself. Keep doing it, and in a month you'll definitely have seen results. In two months, you'll have seen anymore.
Ado Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 204/183/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington90 View Post
Would an internal detox help ? Foot detox ro remove toxins help ?

I'm not looking for a miracle product. I know it takes hard work and determination. But if doing a cleanse or detox would rid of the toxins, I just might giver a try.
I would give it 6 weeks of what you're doing, make sure you're watching processed foods, salt, sugar and sweetner (sweetners are evil) and get lots of fiber and protein. I've made the mistake of focusing on fruits and veg and then wonder why I'm not losing, it's because your body wants protein and can really use that protein to fuel muscle growth. Protein and fiber really helps you fill up.

If you see no change after 6 weeks and haven't found another explanation you could try a 3 day juice fast or a detox program.
Aileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #34  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

I wouldn't try to mess with a detox - our bodies are miracles the way they work to start with - they'll retain water to deal with extra sodium, muscle activity, humidity, etc. You can go to bed at one weight, breathe in the dry air all night, and wake up less in the morning ... it's merely one tool that gives you data about your body. Don't give the scale and the tape any power over what you KNOW to do for health.

You're doing what's right for you - eating healthier, getting healthy oils to absorb the nutrients you're eating, moving more. Keep a positive attitude. Continue to make smart choices. Journal if it'll help. But our bodies deal with toxins naturally - for FREE.
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:47 PM   #35  

S/C/G: tick'

Height: 5'8

Thanks everyone . I'm praying its water weight and I'm going to go get myself another green tea. i'm surprised how much this stuff actualy supresses my appetite.

Can't wait for the "whooosh". Also, probably starting the 30 day shred this weekend. I'm excited !
Remington90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 230/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Keep on, keeping on Remi! It WILL happen! Patience Grasshoppah....
Lacyt74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:32 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 191/178/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey there, congrats on sticking to your diet regimine, thats hard to do sometimes, being consistent. The few things I can think of is you said you are weight training, and since muscle weighs more than fat, it may take a little bit to see some lbs drop off. Also, you said you are drinking a protein shake ... is that in place of a meal? Is it made with whey powder? I know when I started taking a protein shake as post workout snack, I didnt lose any weight, but when I started using it place of a meal, then I seen results.

You can always get your blood tested to see if it IS your thyroid. I was so desperate to lose weight a few months ago, that I had mine tested AND I had my IUD taken out because I swore it was stopping me from losing weight ... I was wrong. It wasnt my thyroid or the IUD LoL ...go figure.

Good luck and keep up the routine and I'm sure you will see results soon! *HUGS*+
MzPiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #38  
Empress/Queen

Please don't worry about this. I am sorry I didn't read through the thread too carefully so this has probably been said or I might not be understanding what you said but if you just started making these major changes in calorie level and are just starting weight training, you (as I guess everyone said), are shifting water balance. I personally wouldn't be contemplating anything like detoxing of any kind or anything else other than what you are doing (except I'd reduce weight training from four days a week if you are just starting out and go to two to three light sessions and replace those workouts with walks, but that is just me).

Your calorie level is good and you are doing this in a rational manner, so just hang in. If you don't see any progress in a few more week, you might want to talk to your doctor to rule out anything on that front.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #39  

It's true that the more stressed and worried I get, the less of a drop I see on the scale. It eventually catches up, thank God! Just stick to your plan.

I believe it's the hormone cortisol that causes the retention; my stress I had in my life wasn't weightloss related but our bodies don't differentiate like that, they just go into panic mode!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

I was discouraged as well by not seeing any changes....then the weight started coming off.

I have noticed that using My Fitness Pal has been incredibly helpful. It's good you are logging using a similar app.

Are you getting 64oz of water a day? I've been very good at meeting that goal every day. Making sure you are getting that water in is important.

Yep...chinese one day and McD's another probably did do a number on your weight loss just from the sodium standpoint. Is there any way you can completely avoid any kind of restaraunt for a few weeks at least? As much as I crave and love chinese, I have to just say "no" and keep trucking!

For dinner the other night I ate one hot dog and 9 waffle fries. The next morning, I was up .5 a pound! That sodium will get you!

The point of drinking more water when your body is holding on to water is so you flush your system and your body doesn't feel like it has to retain water, since there is a good supply coming in! At least that is what I read somewhere! It makes sense!

How are you on eating breads? Pastas? Carbs? I noticed that dropping the majority of my carbs also seems to have helped.

Would you mind sharing a typical day of food with us? Perhaps it could help? I was asked to do this in my thread and these ladies are awesome and finding possible issues and offer advice on how to make positive changes.

I know how you feel, and it really sucks. But please know you are not alone. As much as I thought it "wouldn't" happen, it is happening now!
RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote