3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   I'm not where I want to be (mid way blues) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/273473-im-not-where-i-want-mid-way-blues.html)

Missy Krissy 01-16-2013 03:16 PM

In regards to your "lofty goals," maybe you could try some behavior based goals instead of losing x amount of weight by x date? Give yourself something to celebrate! Maybe something like staying within your calorie range for a week straight?

You've done such a great job already, this funk will pass.

ETA: LOL at your revenge fantasy! You crack me up.

BreathingSpace 01-16-2013 05:51 PM

I think a lot of us reach that point where the "motivation" slows down, the enthusiasm for the ability to do the physical work of exercising and counting calories slows down, and then you are left with the emotional aspect of eating - a demon you must first acknowledge, wrestle with, and eventually punch right in the face!

I think that is a major stumbling block (at least for me) and a place I always end up stopping and never pushing through.

Could it be that this is the place you have gotten to right now?

Radiojane 01-16-2013 05:54 PM

I think that's exactly it. You have to face the problem. You can have all the success in the world, but the habits that got you to a quarter ton have to be acknowledged.

Nocturnica 01-17-2013 02:19 AM

WOW, what an amazing job you have done already! 79 lbs that is GREAT!!!! I can only hope to do as well as you have done!!! You just keep in mind all those lbs you had shed! Congrats on what you have already accomplished!

Radiojane 02-06-2013 09:58 PM

I put that hoodie on today. It's a little tight in the tummy, but it fits. So what if I was six weeks behind schedule? :)

I just wanted to come back and say thanks for the support.

newleaf123 02-06-2013 10:08 PM

Congratulations! Your progress is amazing :carrot:

HungryHungryHippo 02-06-2013 10:44 PM

OMG--congratulations!! First, I was going to say, almost 100 POUNDS LOST--aMAZing!!! And then I read back and saw the story of the hoodie!! Sweet!!

NorthernChick13 02-06-2013 10:49 PM

AHHHH that's amazing! I knew you could do it!@!! Congratulations!!!!!! :bravo:

Elladorine 02-07-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radiojane (Post 4624418)
I put that hoodie on today. It's a little tight in the tummy, but it fits. So what if I was six weeks behind schedule? :)

:angel::spin::hat::cp::cb: :dancer::goodvibes:genie::high::cloud9::woohoo: :congrat::strong:

Katydid77 02-07-2013 01:40 AM

Yay for NSV!!

You know, to add a mini-thought to this, I have a friend that has lost a lot of weight, and I remember her and I having a conversation about her weight loss journey.

She commented that when she reached the 'about a 100 pound mark' on weight loss, she had to battle through a phase of mild depression. She said it took her a long time to realize that, while she was celebrating the 100 pounds, there was a part of her where that moment was tough too because it felt like "well, I've lost 100 pounds so it should be done"

Mentally 100 pounds sounded so 'big' that it kinda made her feel like it should be over, and that it was depressing that it wasn't.

So, she had to push through that, and then it was like she could breath again and go on.

Might be over analyzing but just thought I'd throw it out there

Radiojane 02-07-2013 12:32 PM

That's a very big concern of mine Katydid. I felt that "Omg, I've lost a hundred pounds and I'm still so big and so far from done" sadness washing over me and I had to fight it. That's actually what made me put the hoodie on last night. I needed that visual confirmation to keep my head in the game.

elvislover324 02-07-2013 12:40 PM

I know I already congratulated you on other threads but I am going to do it here too!! Yayyyyyy for you!!! So so happy for you!! :carrot::carrot::carrot: You deserve all the congrats you can get, you worked so hard for this!!

I hit my 100lb finally this week and as much as it's so exciting and such a feeling of accomplishment, I did let out such a big sigh that I have so far to still go.

I'm trying to stay positive, I figure the first 100 was the hardest thing I have ever done so anything after this will be like icing on the cake. Wait, no cake! NO cake!! :rollpin:

Think of what we have accomplished Jane, ONE HUNDRED FREAKIN' POUNDS! We are awesome, girlfriend!

berryblondeboys 02-07-2013 12:45 PM

Woww Elvislover and RadioJane - these are such huge accomplishments - really and truly! Take pride in that!!!!

betsy2013 02-07-2013 12:46 PM

You're obviously not alone in this. While I'd love to give you some wonderful advice that would instantly resolve this issue, all I can say is thank heavens you wrote this because I'm in this state now, have not achieved near the success that you have, and all of the posts have really helped me focus.

The only thing I will add is that I have a diet buddy and we use FB to report in on pounds lost each week. I don't know if it's because I'm competitive or if I'd just be so embarrassed to admit that I couldn't stick with this for more than a few weeks, but KNOWING I had to report in has driven me at some of those times when I just wanted to give up.

So, if you have someone who can be a diet buddy, go for it. If not, please let me know and maybe we can figure out a long distance way of doing this.

Hang in there. You've come so very far!

elvislover324 02-07-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berryblondeboys (Post 4625148)
Woww Elvislover and RadioJane - these are such huge accomplishments - really and truly! Take pride in that!!!!

Thank you!! It helps having others going through the same thing and we are all working towards the same goals, no matter what our ultimate loss will be.

But I will always remember that Jane and I hit 100 the same week, how awesome is that!