Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #1  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Anyone else join a Biggest Winner/Biggest Loser contest at work/gym this year?

Since I failed miserably at the "rock your jeans' event my gym had this fall (my timing of this sucked), I decided to join the "Biggest Winner" contest at my gym.

I don't think I'll win or my team will win, but I figured it would be the push I needed to get me closer to where I was and where I want to be.

We started January 5th and it will end with a part on March 9th (though it's really done March 2nd (or abouts). Basically 8 weeks.

My start weight was 194.4

Week one weigh in was: 191.4 (I think).

Weigh in for week two is tomorrow.

Maybe I'll keep posting here about it? Anyone else?
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #2  

That sounds great!

I'm so not a joiner of anything...I don't do group stuff well.

That's why Weight Watchers (before online, of course) didn't work well for me - I couldn't stand to be in those group meetings!

Is there some kind of prize for winning?
eliza422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:24 PM   #3  
Melissa

Yep, there are prizes - there is a team prize, an individual price (for weight loss (percentages) and then there is body fat test contest winner (with the use of the BodPod). And then various "random" winners for attending all the seminars, etc.

I'm a TOTAL group person - I cannot stand working out on my own and such. And, I wanted to mix things up a bit and this way it's less expensive than hiring a trainer for twice a week for 8 weeks too.

One bigger problem is that the trainer is trying to help all of us and we are all at different fitness levels. I'm the big outlyer as I'm fairly fit and the others are beginners. It makes me realize how far I've come, but it also makes me realize that I could be pushing myself harder if I had someone who could push me/keep up with me or be better/stronger than me so that I WANTED to get to their level.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #4  
Melissa

Weigh ins are on Wednesdays. So, today was it! I'll update this thread every Wednesday.

My start weight on January 5th was 194.4

Week 1 weigh in was: 191.4 (I think).
Week 2 weigh in was: 189.6