3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Using a break up as motivation (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/273155-using-break-up-motivation.html)

Mer du Japon 01-11-2013 08:03 AM

Using a break up as motivation

My boyfriend of 4 years and I just broke up yesterday because we just can't agree on kids--I don't want them and he does. We both thought i would change my mind, but it never happened, and now im 28 and he's 29. Normally, I would comfort eat and stuff myself with food, start drinking more, etc. but since I've started living a healthier lifestyle and losing weight 6 months ago, I now know that eating isn't the answer. I'm going to eat even more healthy, take care of myself, and get those last 17 lbs off. I'm going to use this as an excuse to take better care of myself than ever.

Break ups suck, especially when you are living together...but cupcakes and pizza and potato chips are not the answer!!

Rana 01-11-2013 10:10 AM

:hug:

It is a good motivation. And good for you and him for realizing this! You'll be happier in the long run and so will he.

Good luck and it's a good time to focus on yourself!

XLMuffnTop 01-11-2013 10:21 AM

Kids are one of those major issues you cannot/should not compromise on. It's good that you understand yourself enough to realize you do not want children.

Sorry you're going through a rough time but pamper yourself for a little bit (with non-food stuff). The better you feed yourself, the healthier you'll be and you'll move on so much faster. The bad food just feeds a cycle of depression, self loathing, and doubt, at least for me.

Hope things smooth out soon. :hug:

krampus 01-11-2013 11:18 AM

Hugs to you. That's a big dealbreaker in a relationship and it's impossible to know what you want when you are younger/starting out! It's also good you guys could be honest - some people just lie about it, get married, and then are like "oh I said maybe but I really meant no way."

I wish you all the best in recovering from the heartbreak and getting yourself into the best shape possible.

runthecontinent 01-11-2013 12:07 PM

Hey, hugs for you! And I admire that you are able to see this as motivation. Keep up the great mentality.

I am sort of in the same boat btw. I don't want children and my boyfriend is sure he does. We've only been together two years so it's not really an issue yet, but I do expect it is going to be a dealbreaker at some point. I hope you get used to being alone again and/or find a new partner with similar plans for the future. Good luck with your weightloss and everything else!

LiLLy19 01-11-2013 02:50 PM

Sorry to hear about the break up.....hugs to you.

You have a great attitude about the food/drinking...just keep thinking positive.

Mozzy 01-11-2013 02:51 PM

Hugs

karen98745 01-11-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rana (Post 4585648)
:hug:

It is a good motivation. And good for you and him for realizing this! You'll be happier in the long run and so will he.

Good luck and it's a good time to focus on yourself!

Sure, it's a good motivation.

racrane 01-11-2013 09:18 PM

*hug* Anything can be motivating, true. Good luck!

nina cloudstar 01-12-2013 07:31 AM

Lots of hugs!! I recently also broke up with a boyfriend of 4 years, and I am attempting to use it as motivation- it sounds like you're already doing amazingly!! Message me if you want to talk :)

Mer du Japon 01-12-2013 09:50 AM

Thanks so much for the support you guys, it's reassuring to hear that I did the right thing. Focusing on diet and exercise is a good distraction during all this. I love him and we didn't fight or anything--we just finally acknowledged that we want different things in life. He's such an incredible person, it is sad to let him go.

Thanks again everyone! You guys are really awesome

TTNMDANES 01-12-2013 11:14 PM

Good for you!