3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Up four pounds?!?!?! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/273073-up-four-pounds.html)

mandypandy2246 01-10-2013 09:42 AM

Up four pounds?!?!?!

I finally got into the 260's and was so thrilled. Weighing in at 268 in the morning. Well this week it has crept back up slowly to 272 in the morning. I can't understand it - I haven't done anything differently except one small "cheat" from my plan a few nights ago. I had ONE cookie. Hardly a cheat and my plan allows for one cheat meal a week. This has been working fine.

What is going on?

I did eat a high salt snack the other day (prosciutto and cheese) - calorie/nutrition wise it was okay - but perhaps I am retaining lots of water? Its also the week AFTEr my period, so its not that.

I am just scared that all my hard work is going to go to ****. I don't want the scale to keep creeping back - I want it to go back down. It doesn't need to go quickly - I'm okay with slow. I'm trying to make thi a lifestyle change so I don't want to have to unnecessarily starve myself or be drastic to get it to go down. But this going up thing is scaring me!

mandypandy2246 01-10-2013 09:45 AM

One more thing ... as I think about this more - I was under a lot of stress last week. Even though I didn't eat more than I should - I may not have slept sufficiently and was under chronic stress. I know stress (and the stress of not sleeping on your body) releases hormones that make you store fat. So hopefully this is stress related and will reverse during a more calm week.

freelancemomma 01-10-2013 10:22 AM

If you stick to your plan, eventually it will show up on the scale. The laws of thermodynamics are on your side! Keep on keeping on and don't let temporary fluctuations get to you.

Freelance
blog: www.englishgrammargripe.com

LockItUp 01-10-2013 11:00 AM

It happens. It sucks when it does, but it happens. Chances are if you are truly and honestly on plan that it's just water weight. This is something that will happen many times as you continue losing. Try to not let it get to you!!! Easier said than done I know.

Keep up the good work and the scale will eventually cooperate.

JohnP 01-10-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandypandy2246 (Post 4584059)
One more thing ... as I think about this more - I was under a lot of stress last week. Even though I didn't eat more than I should - I may not have slept sufficiently and was under chronic stress. I know stress (and the stress of not sleeping on your body) releases hormones that make you store fat. So hopefully this is stress related and will reverse during a more calm week.

One of the most important things to learn is the difference between fat loss (or gain) and water loss (or gain.)

Stress doesn't cause you to store fat. Excess calories is the ONLY way to store fat.

Stress can and often does cause water retention.

The scale is the worst way to measure short term progress because of water. Stick to your plan and try to relax. The scale is only telling you what you weigh - not how much fat you've lost or gained.

HungryHungryHippo 01-10-2013 09:18 PM

I'm sorry. That's not fair. But you know you didn't do anything wrong. Maybe just stay away from the scale, for a couple of days, if you can, and what you have earned will catch up with you.