Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #16  
Warrior Princess

I'm definitely medium but I have the widest hips ever and no amount of weight loss will change that. I hate it. I have wide hip bones with skinny legs, buying jeans is a royal PITA because I'm not proportionate.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #17  

Very few women are large framed. We'd all like to think we are, but it isn't so.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #18  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I've known many large framed women but they aren't the average woman. I think I'm a medium frame, possibly small-medium but I really don't know for sure.

You really don't know your ideal weight until you are close to it though. There is a lot that goes into ideal weight including muscle mass and bone mass.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #19  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayness View Post
One factor that method doesn't take into effect is finger length! I'm fairly small-framed, but my finger and thumb just barely touch, because I have miniature hands.
Wow I totally never thought of that!!! Very good point!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #20  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

I always assumed I had a large frame...broad shoulders and size 11 feet...but my fingers overlap my wrist by at least an inch(and I don't have freakishly long fingers,) and my measurements for my wrist, elbows, and ankles match up for a small frame 0.o Tis confusing...
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #21  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Your frame can't change, but we can definitely have some fat around our wrists/elbows that can obscure those measurements.

I have a medium to heavy frame - mesomorphic body structure, short waist, broad shoulders and hips, typically looking thinner at a given weight than the majority of the population, etc etc. But there are not actually all that many women built like me, a medium or light frame is more common for most women of European or Asian ancestry, with some notable exceptions.

As for me, the wrist measurement thing has never been accurate since my wrists were fat AND my fingers were pudgy at one point, too! But between the small loss of measurement in those parameters and an honest evaluation of my body mass distribution across my frame and the ratios of my measurements, I've come to accept a wasp waist or delicate neck is never in my future. I can be extremely fit and gorgeous, but my body simply isn't built like a swan - I'm a bit more like a finch
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:08 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTNMDANES View Post
Is it a huge difference between last time measuring or few centimeters or so? Reason being 70 pounds is alot and although it may not seem like your wrist were "fat" there may have been a little that you lost and now your wrist appear smaller.
that's true...I have a watch I bought when I was 240+ pounds and the store actually had to ADD links to it. now when I wear it it's way too loose and needs those links removed, go figure... rings too, some that were tight before now slip on and off easily. it is weird, you might not really notice the fat on your hands and wrists, but it's there.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:09 PM   #23  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Most women are most likely, medium frame, with certain variations, given body composition.

I have a friend who is a large frame from the waist up, she looks like an offensive lineman, she is scary big! But from the waist down, she is a medium.

For myself, I am a medium frame. However, I have big ole farm girl, muscular arms! I love them!

One tid bit about measuring from left to right wrist, the measurement will depend on if you are right or left handed. Your dominant had will probably bigger/larger, because you use it more.

I have come to the conclusion that God gave us what we have, and we have to choose to make the best of the good, and learn to love the rest because it is what we are!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:44 PM   #24  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i can touch my fingers around each wrist now but couldn't when i was heavier...i have absolutely no idea what frame i might be because i do have a bit of dysmorphia, where i look in the mirror and only see the heavier girl i used to be...i also tend to zoom in on my problem areas...

however i was tested for osteoporosis and the technician was shocked at how low of a risk i tested at, for my age...my doctor later said that it meant that i have extremely dense bones...so perhaps that affects my weight on the scale(?) even my doctor agreed i didn't look 190 (which i weighed when i saw her last) and i figure doctors, above all, would be truthful
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:13 AM   #25  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

I thought I read waist at first, kept thinking my fingers will never touch. Lol. Anyway I am kinda freakish my hands are two complete different sizes. My left goes around perfectly and my right does not at all. So what does that mean
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:14 AM   #26  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I never thought of the dominate hand thing. I can almost touch the tips of my nails on my left. There's a pretty big gap on the right though.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 160/123/???

Height: 5'7

I've never really bought into body frames. Some people have really long fingers, some people have wide hip bones, some people have wide shoulders... at all different heights and weights.

I DO believe there are people who more readily put on muscle than others. But other than that, I give more credence to body weight "settling" points.
vabs is offline   Reply With Quote