Here come the cravings.

• I've been back in the saddle for almost 2 weeks now and the cravings are starting. Between deployment looming and my 2 year old not napping today, if we'd had chips in the house I would have eaten the whole bag.

But we don't and I didn't. I just wish stress didn't automatically make me want to eat. Why can't it make me want to do sit-ups or something?
  • I hear ya, I had a salad for dinner and I am not satisfied at all. We have to be strong! 139p is an awesome weight, don't do it!!
  • I am craving tonight too. But I'm just bored. I havnt seen or talked to another soul since yesterday and it is starting to get to me. I'm just telling myself that weigh in day is coming (Wed) and I don't want to undo what I've done this week. I want to be happy on weigh in day! That is worth more than the brief relief I would find from eating right now. It would end and then not only would I still be bored (or stressed in your case) but I would be bummed and guilty too.
  • Hang in there everyone. I'm craving too...let's just get through tonight.
  • Thanks nova! You hang in there too!
  • I wish stress made me want to do sit ups too!
  • Hi Emurph--you have my sympathy, with the stress of deployment. That's just plain rough, nothing else to say. Regarding cravings, though, one thing that helped me, which I got from that book "The End of Overeating," is not to even think about it. I used to torture myself "exploring" the thought, but now I shut it right down. And I think that has really made a difference.
  • you guys are so much stronger than i am. i dunno what happened to my willpower.

had cake today.
  • I did have a bit of chocolate last night, but it wasn't enough to send me over my calorie limit + exercise calories I burned. And I'm another lb down this morning! Whoa! I've been pretty good about keeping carbs under 150 and it seems to be working for me.

Thank you guys so much for the support! We can do this!

P.S. I'm going to check out that book Hippo recommended. Thanks!