Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #1  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

Default NSV yet ...

Okay my scale is being unkind (maybe it's muscle?) However ,y inches are rolling off, my latest NSV was my wedding dress. I was shocked when I unpacked it and learned I wore a 5X gown. I'm now anything between a L and a 1X when sized that way. I wanted to try it on but will wait until I get down more. and get pix
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/150/138

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez View Post
It takes a whole lot of dedication and heavy weightlifting to put on pounds of muscle. The muscle being heavier than fat thing is just a way to explain how two people can look so differently and weigh the same. It has been turned into an excuse as to why scales dont show what we'd like them to, when someone walked around the block twice. It just doesnt work that way, especially for women (and our much lower testosterone). I digress, if youre losing inches, and feel better, and look smaller, then who cares what your scale says. youre headed in the right direction. Congrats on the nsv.
Apologies in advance for the science nitpicking, but it is not correct to say that muscle is heavier than fat. A pound of anything weighs exactly a pound. A pound of muscle takes up less space (ie is more dense) than a pound of fat, which is why the scale stays the same but the inches decrease as fat is replaced with muscle.

To the OP, congrats on the inches lost. Keep it up.

Last edited by Shrinkberry; 01-06-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Shrinkberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #3  
Fear does not = fate

S/C/G: 295/140/nogoal :)

Height: 5'2"

Muscle or not, science debate or not, congratulations on the huge victory of going from a 5x gown to a L or 1x. It's a huge accomplishment and you should be proud.
owlsteazombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #4  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by owlsteazombies View Post
Muscle or not, science debate or not, congratulations on the huge victory of going from a 5x gown to a L or 1x. It's a huge accomplishment and you should be proud.
Thank you teazombies . That was my point.Somehow my comment regarding muscle was the focus ..maybe I didn't articulate well. lol.
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote