Need to Lose 60 Pounds by June/July...

• Is it possible? I'm 100 pounds overweight and am totally hating it! I have a military ball that I am expected to go to, and I will be sick to my stomach if I have to go weight 229 pounds!

So far I have been unsuccessful at losing weight. Exercise was unnaturally painful for me, which I had tried explaining to my husband and the drs. All I got told by them was the weight was the reason the pain was so bad, and I had to work through it to benefit. (My leg pain with foot numbness was severe and impossible to "work through.)

I recently had to be taken to the ER at which point it was found that my potassium was low. This explains the pain, numbness and muscle twitching I was experiencing. I have now finished my round of potassium supplements and feel much better, but not sure if I will need to be on them again. I am hoping to be able to exercise more comfortably now.

Has anyone lost 60 pounds in 5-6 months? If so, how did you accomplish this? Any tips/pointers? Or is this a foolish goal?
  • Which program did you use? How much walking did you do, as far as time/intensity?

I have the motivation to really do it. Now it's just finding a way to make that work! Thank you for the positive reply!
  • yes it is possible to lose 60lbs in 6 months. I'm 5 months in and have lost 85lbs so far. I too had leg/foot pain from being overweight. I just fought through it. I did the slim fast diet up till end November. now I'm doing a low calorie diet. as far as exercise I love to walk. when weather permits I walk up to eight miles a day on some days. I freestyle lift weights. I was a wreck before I started. I had high cholesterol high blood pressure I was on metformen(sp) I don't ever want to go back to that person again. you can do this if you really want to. maybe you can get a exercise bike and work up to riding it more and more each day. you can also buy weights from Walmart for nearly nothing. u also lay in my bed and do alot of my exercises. good luck

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
  • I cut calories to about 1500 and exercised (mostly just cardio at first, now cardio and strength) and lost 90 pounds in 37 weeks (just about 8 1/2 months) in 2011. It took determination and strong will to stay on plan just about every single day. I had 2 mini vacations (camping with girlfriends) and 2 family weddings plus a week long family - friend camping vacation during the time I was losing. It can be done. I tried for 1% of my weight per week as my goal. If you do the same, you will go from 229 to about 178 in 26 weeks (July 1st.)

Welcome to the board. Good luck - you can do this.

Lin
  • Quote: yes it is possible to lose 60lbs in 6 months. I'm 5 months in and have lost 85lbs so far. I too had leg/foot pain from being overweight. I just fought through it. I did the slim fast diet up till end November. now I'm doing a low calorie diet. as far as exercise I love to walk. when weather permits I walk up to eight miles a day on some days. I freestyle lift weights. I was a wreck before I started. I had high cholesterol high blood pressure I was on metformen(sp) I don't ever want to go back to that person again. you can do this if you really want to. maybe you can get a exercise bike and work up to riding it more and more each day. you can also buy weights from Walmart for nearly nothing. u also lay in my bed and do alot of my exercises. good luck

How long did it take you to work up to 8 miles? Right now, it's hard to get in one!
  • I can walk 4 miles in a hour or hour ten min. depending on how fast I walk. now that there's snow on the ground and the weather is cold I can't go walking. now I ride my exercise bike up to hour most days. I love walking.
    fortunately I live in the country and their isn't much traffic to worry about.

How long did it take you to work up to 8 miles? Right now, it's hard to get in one! [/quote]

• you can do it! I am also aiming to lose my weight by summer. I think we really just have to stick with it. this last summer I lost 15 lbs, and when school started again I gained back that 15 plus 5 more! I think we all know that to be healthy and look fabulous we need to work at it, and know that its not going to be easy. I know you say you have the motivation now, but what about in March when things get tough! Just saying, we have to find a way to stay motivated for the whole thing. I know you can do it! We can lose this weight and look fabulous by summer!!