Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 11:25 AM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#325

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 05-01-2003, 12:07 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Far be it from me to start a new thread and then get yelled at for not posting. I can't believe I missed a whole thread! I went and got a cut and perm on Tuesday. Been working. Same old, same old.

I did make a trip out to where the graduation is going to be held and found out where to park so I won't have to trudge up the hill when it's over. I also got a look at the seats and.....I think, I'll fit. (or at least be able to fake it reasonably well! ) That makes me feel 100% better!

I have running around to do tomorrow to get the food for his buffet. I still haven't heard from my two nieces if they and their families are coming. You would think since they are not married long that they would understand the necessity of RSVPing, but NO, still haven't heard. Actually, I just heard yesterday from their mother so I guess the apples don't fall far from the trees.

Let me try and catch up with some replies:

2cute: That Richie Poo tape sounds like a great idea. I didn't know he had put something like that out. Of course I haven't seen the old boy in quite some time.

Deon: They say visualization is a great tool for success and it looks like you're doing just that. "I am trying to visualize me skinny and healthy and active." I have never been able to visualize or fantasize so I'm in BIG trouble.

Michelle: Oh... Cottage Cheese....of course! How silly of us!!!

Mary: It sounds like you had a wonderful holiday off. I'm glad you could do some stuff that you like to do.

Kat: I was sorry to hear about your trama in the ICU. It must be terribly hard (er) when it's someone you know. [[[hugs]]] So did your sister call for WW. It sure sounded like you put your own finger on the success button when you said: "when we used to go diligently...and I lost 40 lbs". Soooo, what are you waiting for?? * That banana bread sounds great. But didn't your momma ever tell you not to eat in front of people without offering them a bite??? What's with coming back and posting "MMMMMMMMM!"???? That was NOT NICE!!! Great list of Mistakes, by the way!!!

Steph: What a great attitude!! I'm glad you really liked Curves. That's a real step in the right direction.

Lori: That's amazing that chocolate would do that to you. I guess after you haven't been around it in awhile, just like caffeine from coffee or pop, it will react on you.

Barb: Good job going to the doctor. I'm sorry they had to poke and prod you for a good vein. Maybe the results will be good and it will have been worth it. If 2cute doesn't need that tape, I'd sure love a copy of it.

Amanda: Welcome to our little corner of the universe. We would indeed love to have you join us. I'm glad your going to be having more time on your hands. Tell us about yourself. I'm married for almost 27 years, 2 sons (almost 22 & 24), and I'm running for a seat on the local school board (again). I hope you'll post often.

Lucky: Wow! 2 miles! and 2 days in a row! You must sure want to make an impression on the new crop of men you might be meeting on this new job! You go, girl. I see you're down to 200, 1 more pound and you'll be in Onederland! That's awsome!!

Tina: Oh honey! You have definately been in Internet **** lately. I sure hope Tony was able to help you out! I'm glad you were able to work out the work schedule to where you won't miss a race! That would be catastrophic!!!

Lovnmom: I just love your quote for your signature line. Thanks for joining us. You're welcome to come back.

Sandy: Have a wonderful weekend away. We all know you deserve it, I'm just jealous I'm not coming with you!

Ahhh, finally caught up. I've gotta run. I'm taking #1 son to get photographed for graduation, because his mommy wants a nice picture!!!

See you all later! Love ya.
Old 05-01-2003, 12:54 PM   #3  

Good afternoon chicks,
Got a few minutes here at work "well, not really" I'm taking a few minutes to check in with my favoritest people. And wanted to give people something to read when they came to check the posts.

Today is Thursday, and it's my weigh day.........I lost 1 lb....don't know how, but will take it anyway it will leave this body. My hubby was in the bathroom today when I was drying off, and well he said WOW....your getting hips...I mean I had hips but they kinda blended in with everything else you know what I mean. So now, I stand in front of the full length mirror (yes I do , don't like it, but I do it!!) and if I raise my arms up over my head well it kinda gives my body a different shape that includes HIPS!!!!! I know I have a long way to goal, but that was one of those little things we like to talk about!!...Okay, now I know you are all gonna run to the mirror and put your hands up over your head and check it out....you don't have to admit to it, but I bet over 1/2 of you do it....

Lucky: onederland I hope to join you someday....

Mary: Thanks for the chat last night and the update on "DAYS"

Thin: Thanks for the long post for me to read, I got my little afternoon fix!! And OMG, I just called my best friend at work to remind her that we have less than 24 hours to wait and we will be on the road!!! LOL, am I excited or what!

Barb: Hope I've helped with the postal strike for you to have somthing to read too...although I think it was either Kat or Michelle that mentioned it, but you girls know I can't go back and look, that would take time.....lol

Well Love ya all, and I promise to try to post tonight...if not, well I will chat with you all on Sunday night or Monday....

ps) Now if I'm sitting in my chair on vacation and have a jello shot for everyone.....well how many is that??? I thinks I would be sick....so maybe when I am shooting, I will say this one is for the thread....LOL....I's think then maybe I will still be able to see straight and make it up the stairs to bed...
Hugs to all,
Old 05-01-2003, 01:01 PM   #4  

Another beautiful day in the neighborhood!

Just got a few things done around the house, now I am waiting for the mailman to come, then I have to go to the bank, grocery store (looks like Mother Hubbard's Cupboard around here ) and to get my monthly haircut.

Today, I also got daring and put on my white pants outfit, since I went through the trouble of hemming the pants anyway, why not wear them?

No more chocolate for me
Old 05-01-2003, 01:22 PM   #5  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gang -
Thought I'd pop in for a quick lunchtime hello! It's turning out to be a good day around here. The weather is beautiful - should make for a nice walk this evening. I've eaten exactly what I packed today and not strayed a bit. Although while I was heating up my lunch in the kitchen a work I think I heard the junk food in the vending machine calling my name.

Sandy/Thin -- just let me know who wants the tape and I'll send it out. Then whoever gets it can send it on to someone else if needed.

Sandy - Yippie --- One more pound closer to your goal!!!
You are going to have so much fun this weekend! I can't wait to hear all about it! Yep, I'll probably be making shapes in the mirror! I can admit it --- it was just recently that I really started looking in the mirror - and then realized I don't own a full Length mirror.

Hey wait! Are you guys talking about Days of our Lives??? Maybe I need to join in chat --- I haven't tried it yet. I've been watching Days off and on since High School. Now I usually watch on my work at home days.

Thin --- Good luck with all the graduation activities. Sounds like you'll have your hands full for a few days.

Lori --- Wear that white pants outfit with pride --- you are working so hard and I bet you look beautiful in it!!!! Once a month haircuts? I am so bad about making appts. Yesterday was the first time since Oct. that I had mine cut. I need to go more often so I don't get so shaggy.

Well, I've played enough for now ---- gotta get back to work...

Oh --- before I go, just one more thing to share. One of my co-workers just made my day. We are friendly, but not really close so she doesn't really know about my 'healthy lifestyle' change - she sent me an e-mail to tell me that I was looking svelte these days and to ask me what I was doing!! I've never been called svelte before!!!! It feels so good when people notice. I am going to see my family in two weeks for the first time in 8 months. They don't know that I've been losing weight --- I hope they notice.

Now I am ending this book for real!
BYE for now!

Old 05-01-2003, 03:40 PM   #6  
You and Me in 2003

quickie, I mopped the kitchen today and am working on the newsletter for my society. I also ate a whole bag of malted milk balls. OhPooh.
Old 05-01-2003, 06:41 PM   #7  

I had my hair cut and permed yesterday too.

I quit working outside early today. My legs are so black and blue - I have to admit I tend to be careless when I work. I think one too many rocks have hit me!!!!

I am still trying to smooth out this one area in the yard. WHAT a hard job.

I did get in a 3 mile walk. Sometimes when I am walking I wonder if I will ever break into running? Ya just never know.

Glad you are all in a good place. It seems my fellow non-posting in a rut Chicks have come out too.
Old 05-01-2003, 06:43 PM   #8  
a work in progress...

Angry Thankful Thursday

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.

~Marcel Proust

Old 05-01-2003, 06:46 PM   #9  

I read this on another site and found it thought provoking.

Decide what I want my body to be and look like and then "stay focused on that".

If I want to eat chocolate chip cookies FIRST remember how I want to look and THEN decide if I really want to eat them or not.

Hmmmmmmm.....
Old 05-01-2003, 07:31 PM   #10  
Progress..not perfection

Red face Hey all...

I'm here.....just all by my lonesome today. I don't know, that could actually be a good thing. Dh and Trey went up to his Dad's to work on the Impala, and Brian is out and about running around the neighborhood. It's so quiet in here it's scary. One might actually even be able to think.....

Food has not been good the last two days. (Wed & Thurs) It's hard when you've jumped back on the wagon to not fall back off a couple of times....or even just take a jumping leap. At first I told myself (Wed) that I would take just one free points day and then I would get right back on track and I didn't even beat myself up about it. But then one turned into two. But I'll tell you this......two will NOT turn into three. I think sometimes when I'm off from work, I just have too much time on my hands and my thoughts, hands and appetite tends to wonder. I knew better than to buy those darn burritos. But I can't make everyone else suffer because I'm trying to better my life. Oh well....what can you do?

On to replies: (sorry, they will be short)

Thin: Thanks for starting the new thread. Glad you feel better about the graduation, but doesn't it make you mad that you even have to worry about something like seatsize?

2cute: I miss you.....come back soon.

Lucky: Sorry to hear about the bruises....you've been working awful hard lately, huh? Speaking of work, have you started your new job yet?

Mary: Have a fantastic day off. Sorry about missing chat Wed. night. I'll try to do better.

Sandy: Have fun on your girlie trip and think of us. Yeah, right. We want a full report when you come back.....what you can remember.

Sara: Where are you birthday girl?

Michelle: I know you're busy my friend, but hop back in and let us know how WW is going.

Baylee: We miss you. Haven't heard from you in awhile....how's T.O.P.S going?

Barb: Thanks for making us feel good with your great posts. We're glad to have you with us.

Steph: It's so good to have you back with us, posting on a regular basis. I've missed you.

Kat: Sorry to hear about the situation you had at the ER the other night with your friend's Dad. That was one of the things I hated dealing with when I worked in the ER too. One night they brought in a friend I went to school with......he had been in a horrible car accident and had died on the way to the hospital in the ambulance. They put him in one of the ER rooms, with the lights dimmed and it took hours for his family to get there. Everytime I walked past that door, I knew he was just laying in there.....it was a very difficult night.

Well, I know I have more replies to make, but my phone will not stop ringing. Mom is calling from out of town, so I have to give her my undivided attention. She can hear my fingers typing on the keyboard and keeps saying, "You're on the internet aren't you? You're not paying attention to me!" She's right.

I'll check in with you guys later. Have a great day!

Oh yeah.....

I am thankful that both my children are mean, happy and healthy.
I am thankful for a wonderful dh who just today told me how beautiful I am, and always makes me feel that way.
I am thankful for all my wonderful friends here. What would I do without you?
Old 05-01-2003, 08:50 PM   #11  
I'm on my way!

Tina...WW is going great...today is the first day I went to the top of my range in points. The past 2 days I was under. I am trying to bank some for a birthday/1st communion party we have to go to on Saturday.

Work has been busy...I have been training a new employee and I'm looking for another one since I am going to fire one soon! Just working on the paper trail now!! She is the type that would sue us for discrimination or something like that!

OK I gotta run....I had to work till 8 tonight and andrew needs a bath!

TTFN Michelle
Old 05-01-2003, 11:17 PM   #12  

I had a busy day indeed; I finally got a chance to relax about an hour ago

In addition to bank, store, haircut, I also had to stop at the computer place and make my payment, write out bills to stick in tomorrow's mail (including rent ), clean the cat box, and do a truckload of laundry. I'm saving housecleaning for the weekend.

Tomorrow is a trip to the post office for stamps, and Rite Aid to pick up my prescriptions--provided it doesn't rain. Otherwise, I may clean the kitchen and bathroom instead.
Old 05-02-2003, 03:05 AM   #13  

Thumbs down Ok so I've been gone awhile!!

I have been busy, busy, busy. And been trying to stay offline to keep phone line free due to more family medical emergencies. My brother in law has been in the hospital and it has been touch and go but he has made through the woods this time, I am just so afraid that next time it will be the end. I dont know if I am ready for another death in that family so soon. My father in law died just 2 yrs ago from lung cancer and now his son, my brother in law is dying of emphazema. And he lives with his mother and I think she is going to completely fall apart this time.

Well on to better things. I have been walking all week, 3 days anyway. 1 1/2 mile the first time and a mile the other times. I feel so good. But I only lost .6 lb. And am sooo frustrated because I am still .2 from that d*** 25 pound mark, it seems like it has been a hard goal to reach but i will reach it next week. I am going to live on lettuce and celery all week if I have to.

Being Thankful Thursday, I am thankful for my mother and my best friend because both of them told me today that I was an inspiration to them and my mom said she wouldnt be doing WW if it werent for me and she wouldnt have been making the meetings each week. And my friend has been trying but cant seem to stay on track and she said that each time I tell her about my little successes it gives her new inspiration. Thank you to them.

Now on to responses......

Sandy: I know how you feel about that one pound, having only lost .6 this week, at least it was down .6 and not up!!

Thin: I am trying so hard to visualize but all I see is M&M's! Hey where did that kiss come from?! Can you tell I am also pms right now. another reason I am not down more, I'm sure.

Well I haven't caught up on all the threads I missed so I will have to go back and read them before I can respond to everyone, so if I missed ya sorry and I still think of all of you daily. What do you think keeps me going!!!

In those famous shwartzeneger words, "I'll be back!!"
Old 05-02-2003, 07:24 AM   #14  

Hi girls, well I'm getting ready to take off, I have to be at the drs first at 8:30a.m. to have these stitches out (the test on the mole they took off came back yesterday and thank goodness it was negative!!)<~that was my thankful Thursday. Then I gotta pick up my bestest friend and we are outta here!!!

But, how could I leave without checking in on my bestest cyber family!!! You all mean the world to me and I know Iwill think of you often over the weekend, you have been my link for so long now and I talk to you all almost daily.

Deon: I wanted to say I was sorry about your FIL and now your BIL, my mom has emphazema too and would you believe she is still smoking!!!! Makes me so mad!!! I quit and my step dad quit and he smoked 3 packs a day.......I so wish she would quit, the dr talked to me about it and explained it all to me and said there is no cure, but if she quit that it would save future damage and give her life a little longer. I try not to think about it cause we are close.....but on a lighter note, do you know about callwave? Its an internet answering machine for those of us who don't have a seperate line for our computers. Well you can go to callwave and download it and follow the directions it gives you. I think it costs me $2.50 a month on my phone bill to have the call forward busy thing and then call wave used to be free but now I think I have to pay 5.95 or something a month....anyway it's still cheaper than another phone line. There are other companies that offer it too, I think if you type in internet answering machines in your search bar it will pop up the various ones for you.....good luck with it....I love it. And it comes with caller ID, so even if they dont leave a message you get to see who called.

Hugs to you all,
Old 05-02-2003, 09:01 AM   #15  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Gals!!!
TGIF!!! I am so ready for the weekend. At least ready for a break from work, but food always gets so difficult on the weekends because hubby seems to think that just because we have a couple days off work we have to eat out every meal. Not this weekend - I am putting my food down. My goal is one meal out this weekend.

Deon - Hey, -.6 is still going in the right direction.

I weighed in this morning for a loss of -.4. Yes, I am disappointed, but at least there was no gain. My eating wasn't too bad this week, but I know I didn't exercise enough since I was feeling pretty rotten most of the week. I also slacked off a little on my calorie counting --- I log everything I eat/drink into a journal and it makes me more aware of what's going in, I know I had too high of a carb intake.

My goal for the next two weeks is to make wise choices, exercise in some way everyday and lose 6 more pounds by the 16th. I am making this a two week goal because on May 17th we leave for Florida for a 9 day vacation!!! I grew up down there and all my family is still there. I know that food will be a challenge, but I am looking forward to a lot of walking on the beach and swimming during vacation! I've always wanted to go wave-running and I think I may do it this time. My brother said he'd go with me! I can't wait to take a break from real life and relax for a while.

Well, speaking of real life, I need to get started on my day's work. Normally I work at home on Friday, but I had to come in the office today for a meeting.

I'll check in later and make more time to reply to everyone then.

In the meantime, everyone give yourself a big pat on the back and remember to smile and be proud of all of you accomplishments!!! You are wonderful!!!

Hugs,
Barb
Closed Thread