Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 09:03 AM   #16  
BELIEVE!

Oh, I almost forgot....

Sandy ---- HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!!!!!
Can't wait to hear all about the fun with the girls!!!

Old 05-02-2003, 09:57 AM   #17  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good morning, ladies! I'm doing better yesterday and so far this morning with my food issues. I'm sure that the beginning of the week has sent me way of the charts as far as the scale goes. (yes, I'm still jumping on it in the morning and it's not pretty). I'm hoping to do enough damage control to maintain this Monday. With the party on Saturday, we'll have to see.

I got a call late last night and my best friend's father died last night. She's been like a sister to me (I'm an only child) for the past almost 34 years. Her folks were like second parents to me. This is going to be tough. She has so much on her plate already. (Long story, but trust me, if you ever feel like YOUR life is in the crapper, just give me a holler and I'll fill you in on hers. Then yours will seem like heaven!) Anyway, that will tie up 3 days this next week for the funeral, and call for a trip out of town.

Sandy: Congrats on the 1 pound!!! That's a great way to start the weekend. You better be having a couple of jello shots for me. I'm not a cheap date! Enjoy! I can't wait to hear all the details. I will live vicariously through you!

Lori: Oh no! You're cleaning the cat box again! I know where that led you last week!

Barb: Congrats on the .4! It's in the right direction, take it!!! Great job, planning what you eat, packing what you plan and not going out of that little safety spot. That takes determination, and my dear, YOU'VE GOT IT!!!

Mary: DROP THAT BAG OF CHOCOLATES! RIGHT NOW! I know, too late, you've already eatten the contents. That was yesterday, move on. Today is a new day!

Lucky: Gosh, I guess it's haircut week for most of us. * I sure hope those legs heal up real quick for you. You must be so sore!

Kat: "Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." What a nice quote. Thanks for sharing.

Tina: QUIT WITH THE FREE POINTS DAY! Eating over is one thing, not being accountable for it is quite another! It will get you in too much trouble and it is far too hard to play 'catch up' later in the week. (take this from someone who is trying to do it)

Michelle: Glad to hear the WW is going good for you. * Hopefully your new employees will work out for you and you'll get some relief soon. [[[hugs]]]

Deon: I'm sure it's the PMSing that didn't allow your body to release much weight this week. But a loss is a loss, don't forget. I'm sure that by next week you'll have an even bigger one.

Sara: Where the heck are you??? Beginning to worry here. We haven't seen you since just before your birthday. Come on out and let us know you're ok.

Ok, girls, I'm getting out of here. I have to play 'showgirl' for a few hours today and then go pick up food and try to figure out what I'm missing.

Hope to see you all later, but if I'm not here, you'll know where I am. Love to all.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:44 PM   #18  
Progress..not perfection

Default Geez....

I am such a busy beaver today! I'm in the midst of trying to play "supervisor", training a new person (taking Chatty Cathy's place), trying to post on here and eat a bowl of soup....
all at the same time!

I have already added a new acct, fixed the email server (that has went down twice) answered numerous questions and had a conference call with the main office and it's not even 12:30 yet!

Great....one of the second shift employees just called in and said she wasn't coming in tonight. WHAT ELSE CAN HAPPEN?

Nevermind, I probably don't want to know.

I'll be back later.
Old 05-02-2003, 02:20 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Another day at Curves for me. Yippee! I don't know what I'm going to do over the weekend since I can't go there. I have early shifts both days, so maybe I'll go walking when I get home or after dinner. Exercise gives me much more confidence in myself. It's too early to tell, but I feel lighter. I'm trying really hard to stay away from the scale until Monday.
Tina- I hope the rest of your day isn't as crazy.
Thin- sorry to hear of the loss of your friends father, That's got to be tough.
Barb- congrats on the loss
Deon- congrats to you as well on your loss. Sorry about your family problems. Hope things get better
Sandy- I know you've already left, but have fun!
Lori-sounds like you had a busy day indeed. Take some time to relax.
Michelle- good luck on finding a new employee
Well I think that's everybody. The rest of you, get in here and post or at least say hi.
Steph
Old 05-02-2003, 05:42 PM   #20  
a work in progress...

Unhappy

I'm feeling completely unmotivated and uninspired these past few days. I need to re-examine my reasons for wanting to stay fat, because I'm am resisting, mightily, all attempts to lose.

If you don't see me around it's because I've decided that I need to stay away from the boards for a while...they are NOT helping at this point...and I end up spending too much time on my butt in front of the computer.

I'll be lurking occasionally, may even pop in...I'm not sure. I just need to do something drastically different than what I'm doing now. I am heading in the WRONG direction!

I love you all and I'll miss you!
Old 05-02-2003, 07:00 PM   #21  
Progress..not perfection

Unhappy Kat.....

First off, I'm not going to yell at you or beg you to come back. You do what you need to do.

I can't tell you the times I've thought of emailing you or sending you a PM in the last couple of weeks because I've been thinking about you so much. There's always a certain "feel" I get from your posts that I just haven't been getting lately, and I knew you weren't truely with us. You know why I knew?

Because I've been there and I know how hard it is.

Just know that staying away will not help. While we may not be offering you the inspiration you need, just remember....we still love you.

Something tells me that I won't have the chance to miss you though.....you just need some time to get some things straight. Please know, that no matter what....we love you just like you are.

If you need me, you have my email.

P.S. Also remember, that if you stay away too long, I have your address, and I am not above coming there to kick your butt.

Last edited by QueenB; 05-02-2003 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-02-2003, 08:33 PM   #22  
I'm on my way!

Gee Baylee that was kind of negative of you. I'm really sorry you feel that way. But let me tell you one thing...I lost 97 lbs on Weight Watchers before I got pregnant with my son and I was posting on a thread similar to this one and everyone was very sympathetic to each other even if they weren't successful. It was because of those people that I was able to keep the inspiration going in myself. Having a time to sit on the computer and talk to people from all over the united states and then some and reporting my success each week gave me something to look forward too. Sharing ideas, recipes, exercise tips and just sharing lifes triumphs and dissapointments of members that are going through the same thing was reassuring that this fat chick wasn't alone in the world! Yes I gained most of my weight back while I was pregnant because my doctor said I could not lose weight but I could maintain...well I know how to gain and I know how to lose I never in my life learned to maintain. I am one who is determined to get this weight off again and I just needed to wait till the time was right for me and that is NOW. Yes SARA is a success story and Tina is well on her way...I know how she is struggling...we all struggle...if life was struggle free we wouldn't be FAT! Sara is my goal and Tina is my inspriration to keep struggling and doing what I need to do to get this weight off...As far as exercise..I walked 3 miles every morning when I was losing the weight the first time...and at night when I came home from work I sat on my FAT A$$ and talked on the computer to my friends and family and posting on the boards to keep myself from hanging around in the kitchen and eating! You have to do what is right for you but to come here and say the nasty things you said wasn't very nice. If you don't like reading about the lovely Mr. Stewart then you could just skip over those posts. Tina is very passionate about her NASCAR as I am about my son. I post often about him too. If you don't like the fact that most of us are struggling to get the weight off and going up and down and you don't like the sympathy or the comraderie (sp) that we share then all I can say is good riddance and you must be one anti-social individual and maybe as you said in your post its counseling that you need!

I'm really sorry that you feel that way and the only other thing I can say is farewell and best of luck to you!

Michelle
Old 05-02-2003, 09:06 PM   #23  
Old Cackler

baylee... you have to do what's right for you, but please don't take it out on others. if you're angry about the choices you've made, like, 'having wasted precious hours sitting on my fat behind,' so be it. others find this forums, and others, inspiring. hopeful. a way to start. a way to think about starting.

whatever their stage of weight loss, many folks get a lot out of the act of posting and of interacting with others. i'm not posting much at all these days, but for way different reasons [not much to say, too exhausted, too sad, too stressed], but i know that there will be sympathetic ears and kindness. and that's quite enough for me.

for the long term, some of us will lose all our weight, and others won't. some will decide on surgery, others will not. regardless of what we do, we still have to find ways to deal with our eating habits and emotions. these issues don't magically disappear along with the weight. and we need to learn how to do this out of self love. and each of us has a different path.

so, good luck to you, and i agree with your decision,. if you're not getting anything out of this, and you're not contributing, then you are indeed better off going down a different path.

and PS. i know NOTHING at all about NASCAR, and really have no interest in it. BUT tina and many many others enjoy it. and that's enough for me! she can post all she wants to about it. and i've learned something from those posts: SHE WAS HAPPY!!!!! and there is indeed a celebrity who is kind enough to go out of his way to put a smile on the face of one of his fans. and he's cute, too.

Last edited by jiffypop; 05-02-2003 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-02-2003, 09:25 PM   #24  
BELIEVE!

Good Evening Ladies!
Well, I was very excited to come post tonight and let you know that I was feeling very positive today, added 1/2 mile to my walk on the treadmill tonight, went tanning (I always do it before I go on vacation so I don't get burned), didn't have a chance to make dinner, but made a very healthy choice, all in all, was having a pretty darn good day and was hoping to share that will all of you, but..........

now my spirts have been dampened a bit.

Baylee - I never had a chance to get to know you and I am very sorry for the way that you feel right now. If you don't think this is the right place for you to find your motivation and inspiration, than maybe you need to find other focus, but I see no need to criticize others and accuse people of not being honest. I will just say that for me, these ladies are a wonderful source of inspiration. I have gained and lost weight all my life. Something just clicked with me a few months ago and gave me a new outlook on life and I am finally making a healthy lifestyle change and doing this a smart way. No more fad diets, starvation, etc. Just slowly bettering myself. I do have a very hectic life and busy schedule, however, I am lucky that with my job I do have the flexibility to visit this site during the day and I always spend a little time on the computer late at night. I am not using the computer as a substitute for exercise. I think you get the idea of what I am saying. Everyone needs to find what works for him/her. Good luck in your endeavors.

Kat - Wishing you all the best and hoping to see you around here soon. I was really hoping we could meet in person one of these days. Thanks for being so supportive of me. I'll be thinking about you.

Tina - I hope everything turned out ok at work today. I know I don't know you that well yet, but I sincerely hope that you will not let things that have been said affect you. You are a wonderful, beautiful, inspirational woman and you need to feel free to talk about anything and anyone you want!!!

Steph - WAY TO GO!!! Another day at Curves!!!

I'll just close by saying --- I have learned recently that more than anything, weightloss is mental and very emotional --- everyone needs to reflect and find out what works on a personal level ---- for many of us, a part of the strength that we get is from interacting with the wonderful people around here. If this site is part of your weightloss plan, by all means lets have a great time together. If it's not, then please be considerate of everyone else who loves it here.

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening. I'll check in with you tomorrow!
Hugs!
Barb
Old 05-03-2003, 12:41 AM   #25  

Ok first of all I am very steamed!! Baylee, if this is not for you then just leave. Why do you have to step on everyone elses happiness in the process. Why do you have to put someone like Tina down for sharing her happiness with us? That was very hurtful, what did she do to you anyway, if you didn't like it you didn't have to read it!! Tina has been a wonderful person and has been very supportive of all of us! And yes some of us have had our losses and our gains but to sit there and say that we should rethink it because we are all still fat is ridiculous. Why not come here for support? Why not come here just because you like the company. I personally have lost almost 25 lbs. on WW and whether you believe it or not makes no difference to me, but I have also only been doing this for 8 weeks. So if you dont see alot of changes maybe you dont look hard enough and maybe its people like you that discourage those of us who give it our all and then have you put us down because we aren't changing fast enough to your liking!! Personally, glad to see ya go if you feel that way!

Well I better go before I say anymore. I may wait a day or two before I come back, just to let things cool off.

Oh ya Kat- don't feel like you need to go. There are some very supportive people here, in spite of baylee!!
Old 05-03-2003, 12:43 AM   #26  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry

OH my.... what a shocker to come home to this.

I have no time to post at this moment... but I have to add a few comments....

I learned many years ago to "Live and Let Live"
I don't agree or approve of everyone in this world... nor does everyone approve or agree with me. And that is okay. No harm done. "To each his own" as they say.

I hope with time that all of us search our souls and find what is right for us.
Websites like this is not right for everyone. And I do spend time here that I should be exercising. And although I don't come here for sympathy... (I come for inspiration and hope and fellowship) .... I have gotten more than my share of sympathy.
And if we are honest with ourselves we may even find that Baylees comments just may help us more than hurt us in the end.

But... in the meantime I would like to share a motto that someone taught to me.
I try to live by it on a daily bases.

"Honesty without compassion is brutality"

Baylee... I think you said some powerful words here.... but unfortunately I also think there was a more compassionate way of saying it.
I feel if you had used more thoughtful and productive words instead of bitter and condemning words many more people would have heard your message instead of just hearing your anger, resentment and judging frustration.
I hope you find what you are hunting for.... You did not find it here... I wish you had... but I still hope you find it somewhere.

I think we will all have to find it "within ourselves"... not from others.
Sara found it within herself.... she was just gracious enough to share her journey with us. We did not do it for Sara... SHE DID IT. And hopefully you will find it "within yourself" soon too.

I also want to comment to the rest of us here in this group.
There are many of us who have overcome larger hurts and obstacles in life than this.
Some people deal with life's frustration by blaming others... some with self pity, resentment, and anger.
Others can have the exact same situation happen to them and they deal with it with self examination, forgiveness and strength and courage.

Life is not the result of what happens to us.... it is how we CHOOSE to react to what happens to us.
Some children are beaten or abused by adults and grow up hating all authority figures and abusing their children. Others say... "I will learn from that experience and be a better parent than my parent was."

I hope we all "learn" from this experience and allow it to "teach us" how to be wiser in our choices, honest with ourselves, and accepting of others opinions ... even when they do not match ours.

Don't waste your energy being hurt, angry or feeling superior.
Just ask yourself... "what can I learn from this situation?"
Be honest with ourselves... but remember the statement "honesty without compassion is brutality" also holds true for YOURSELF.
Be honest but compassionate towards yourselves.
The choice is YOURS. We can let this tear us apart as individuals as well as a group.
OR we can choose to make us wiser and stronger individuals as well as a wiser and stronger group.

THE CHOICE IS YOURS.

Kat.... there is another old saying... "you can take the girl out of the country.... but you can't take the country out of the girl."
Kat... you may leave us... but we will always be with you.
You can never binge again or win a victory over food again... without thinking of us. We will be there encouraging you on and celebrating with you in spirit. I hope you peek in often. You will be missed.

Baylee... we will miss you too. You are family here. But I do understand that sometimes family members need to leave home to find their own way in life. I hope you find not only the answer to your weight problem.. but I hope you find "peace" too.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 05-03-2003 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-03-2003, 12:56 AM   #27  

Ok maybe I reacted without first thinking. After reading 2cutes post. But it just angers me that there are such hurtful people out there. That we "fat people" have finally found a place where we feel accepted and comfortable and yet people like baylee are still able to sqeeze in here and step all over us!! It just makes me furious! Why can't you just keep your harmful words to your self or share them with some other less intelligent person who might thrive on that! Why did you feel compelled to come in here and dump on us and put us all down in the process? And FYI I only spend a few minutes at a time on here. I don't claim to exercise regularly, just this week I walked 3 days, but who knows maybe next week I wont walk at all and I know that last week I did not walk at all, but you know what that didnt matter to the ladies in here, they just encouraged me to go out there and try it and I finally did, so I do actually owe that to them. No they didnt do it for me, but they were there for me. And I know they are just ladie on computer like me and could be totally full of it, but I like to think that there might still be a few honest "normal" people left in the world.

OK done now.
Old 05-03-2003, 06:57 AM   #28  
I'm on my way!

Deon I'm with you on this one. Besides....lets ask ourselves honestly...If we weren't on this computer posting would we truly be using this time to EXERCISE...I really don't think so!!

These ladies here are a great group of people offering their support for all aspects of our lives not just weight loss. How can you not accept them with all their faults and love them as your family! Friends are what make your life complete!! Not being thin!

And Baylee I know you are reading this because if you said all those nasty things you did you are one to be peering in here every few minutes to see what responses were created towards you! If FAT PEOPLE wouldn't be fat because they did housework then all these FAT PEOPLE in the world would have the sloppiest, dirtiest houses in the world. Housework doesn't make you THIN! I have been FAT all my life but I keep my house as clean as I can and do my laundry on a regular basis. I still have time to eat 3 meals a day and then some. Its the food choices we make that make us FAT. I take care of a family, house, work full time and go to school full time yet I still find time to eat...its the choices that I have made in the past that keep me fat...So honest my A$$! Just because you are active doesn't make you thin if you are going to make the wrong food choices...but those choices are OURS not yours! You just have low self esteem and need to take the focus off of yourself and put it on someone else because you have not been successful at your weightloss for whatever reason!

Sorry girls...but when someone attacks my family I have to stand up and take a stand!!

Michelle
Old 05-03-2003, 10:14 AM   #29  
You and Me in 2003

Unhappy

Good Morning all
First of all let me say to Kat and Baylee I will miss both of you.

I know I do not post much but I come several times a day to catch up on all of my friends. I am constantaly falling off my plan but I try to be honost about it. I have not lost any weight in several months but at least I am not gaining. I do not exercise at all. I know I am fat but what the h. I have been most of my life.

I will continue to come here because you are all my friends I need all of you. I have got to where I like Tony Stewart even though I like Dale Jr. more That was for Tina.

I will continue to talk about my brother because I love him.

I will be at chat tonight at 8 central hope some of you come, I can't talk to myself people will think I have lost my mind(maybe I have)

Dh and I are going into town today he asked me for a date
well I have rambled on enough. hope to chat with all later
Old 05-03-2003, 12:49 PM   #30  
Progress..not perfection

Do not post here! Instead, come and join us and all our friends at 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#326
Closed Thread