Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #31  

novangel I have sympathy! I haven't been able to be at the gym for a week and I can't wait to go back!

JoSR Welcome to the forums! Everyone here is fantastic and there is a wealth of great information and support.

I am down another 3 pounds!!! That brings total weight loss to 23lbs!!
TheLauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 165/163/158

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I totally agree about sustainability. This is more of an jumpstart phase to see what possible food intolerances you might have. Given that I already have one big one, I thought it was worth trying. The shakes are Thorne (rice pea protein which i do with coconut milk, berries and fiber/flaxseed and kale as well) They actually taste a lot better than they sound. you all are very inspiring though!
JoSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 165/163/158

Height: 5'6"

Just reposting to try to subscribe to this thread . . .
JoSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:41 PM   #34  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

JoSR Welcome. If I could live anywhere, I'd live SF. I am gluten intolerant. When I just cut out gluten, I lost a lot of weight...I had to tweak it though because I was finding lots of yummy sweets that were gluten-free. Sweets used to be my downfall. Three years later, I have that under control. Glad to have you join us

Missy O I am sure we irritated him with the phones, but every year he buys us something electronic, I warn him, we are children and we love playing with our toys...do not get me near a camera these days He actually got mad at DD for something and I didn't support him, but like I said, I was too into myself to know what was going on and DD still has no idea, either. And now it seems to have been brushed under the rug...maybe

Tomorrow is my MRI. I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but I lost the mass. I thought it disappeared all together, but I found it again today...it's the same shape but not as big...maybe that's a good sign I really don't know cuz they didn't explain different kinds of masses other that cysts. We'll see, tomorrow, I guess. Can't wait to see all the reactions to my purple paw print mohawk...what possessed me to say yes. Well, we only live once and now I can say I have experienced the paws

If I don't get a chance in the morning, let me say ahead of time. I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day!

Have a great night, everyone
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #35  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Ugh! Back to work tomorrow! On a positive note, at least I have a job to go to, right?

Krissy Good job for staying in your calorie range. The soup sounds fabulous!

Mamakat I agree, let's make something good happen this year! Sorry about the family drama last night. Hopefully today was better. If not, just don't even look at each other until everyone forgets what they are mad about. Keeping you in my thoughts for your MRI tomorrow. Love the new avatar!

Bunnabear I forgot, not sure if you've mentioned, but are you hypothyroid? It's a total PITA!

Ona You have basically maintained this year. It may not be what you want, but it's really good to be able to maintain for a year. Keep up the great work!

Novangel Still sending healthy thoughts your way. I remember the gym as being busy on Jan 1. Maybe people have given up on the New Year Resolutions.

Amarantha Congrats on your 16.2 pound loss for 2012!

JoSR Hi and Welcome to the check-in!

Lauren Great job on the 3 pounds and total of 23 pounds!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #36  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1545 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (300 Calories)
Small amount of left over collards and hoppin' john 300 calories

Dinner (850 Calories)
Homemade cheeseburger 650 calories
small side salad w/light ranch 150 calories
small piece dark chocolate 50 calories

Exercise:
Les Mills Pump Sports Attack
Old 01-01-2013, 08:48 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 181/148.8/129

Height: 5'3"

I've decided to begin the new year with a fast. I've been eating horribly and it seems to have messed up my metabolism a bit. I've noticed digestive issues and uncomfortable bloating on nearly a daily basis so it's time to do a hard reset. So far, I've had two glasses of water and two cups of plain black tea. I'll be up for at least 5 more hours so I have time to get more liquid into my system before I sleep.

I'm not exercising while I do this. I'm trying to reset my body, not kill it. =)

I plan to fast for 3 days, see how I feel, and maybe do the same thing each month if it seems to help. Afterward, I'm going to focus on vegetables, very little meat - I don't really like much of it - and some fruits. I want to cook more, too. My Mom gave me a crock pot for Christmas so it's time to see what I can cook up with it. =D

Last edited by Doomkitty; 01-01-2013 at 08:49 PM.
Doomkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #38  
Warrior Princess

I took the tree down but I just don't feel up to exercising..not even walking. My body feels weak, head is cloudy and I'm afraid that if I push I will only set myself back further. I want to get back to the gym ASAP but I need to be in decent condition for work Thursday. This is so frustrating. Great way to start off Jan 1st.

Goodnight, all.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:49 PM   #39  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post
I drove by the gym and it's practically empty. I was really worried about the New Year's resolutioners over crowing the place but maybe they decided to join Lifetime or LA Fitness. Heck, I would love to be a member at one of those nicer gyms also but I can't justify spendng $60+ a month.

I'm going to take down the tree and then head over there. Even if I only walk the treadmill it's something. I can't stand it anymore.
im the same way lol....ive been going to the gym for a little over a year, 1 1/3 years maybe now, and the longest stretch i havent gone for is 3 days in a row...even when im sick i at least go and walk on the treadmill...granted, when im sick im on antibiotics so im not highly contagious
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:25 AM   #40  
Life is about balance

Good Morning Everyone,

Back to life. Kids go to school and people move a little more. New year's resolution: less coffee. Waa, already noticing a difference. I'm up in weight, by three pounds because coffee gets me going and now I'm not get my dose. OR someone slipped me gluten...or it could be because I watched my kittens eat 6 yummy buttery rolls at the restaurant. Whatever, it'll come off eventually, once everyone gets out so I can move around

TheLauren Awesome job on losing the 3lbs...I know who found them. Great job on the overall weight, keep it up.

Diana LOL, don't give eye contact...he's a lion ready to pounce. Actually, whatever made him angry made him antisocial and busy. He went down to the basement, got his new and improved (since Sandy) music studio put together again...plus, the electric drumset he got for xmas. Then he turned his attention to my gym

Which brings me to my good news of the morning, my gym has been cleaned up and given the thumbs up to go back down. This is awesome news as I can use my bike while my hip is mending. I can't walk cuz it's icy out and no way can I do yoga...so my Wii will have to weight. But now that I have my gym back, all is good. Maybe it's time to start doing some weights now that I can actually see the muscles underneath the fat...course my batwings have grown, but I have no problems with them, they are testimony that I've worked my butt off. Speaking of that, I need to make a run for Savers as all my pants are too big...not complaining

MRI today than maybe the gym, we'll see.

Have a wonderful and healthy day.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:05 AM   #41  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning, everyone.

ACK, I keep GAINING weight in spite of the fact that I have not overeaten and have been doing my workouts! Oh well.... it is what it is.

Welcome, lovedancelive and Jo. Glad you have joined us.

novangel, your LA Fitness is $60 a month? I joined a brand new Signature Club (their best ones, and I can go to any nationwide one) for $40 but I got a special deal by joining before they opened. It is now $55 but I love it and would pay it, because of the pool... I go a lot so it is actually cheaper than going to the public pools, and their schedules are horrible. Anyway, to me it is a very worthwhile investment. I'd pay $60+ if I had to!!

Moan, groan, it is more overtime again, so having to get up at 4 AM. I had best get up and haul myself off to work LOL
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:08 AM   #42  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Calories for yesterday: 1545 +
Weigh In: 162.6
Down: 1.4 pounds

lovedancelive Hi and Welcome to the check-in! I wish you the best of luck with your weight loss goals.

Novangel Good job for getting a little movement in. Your body just isn't ready for full on working out yet. Rest, if you need it.

alaskanlaughter Hi It's good to see you.

Mamakat Sending healthy thoughts your way today. I have heard that some people cannot drink coffee because it has an effect on lumps and bumps in the breast area. Maybe, hopefully, you have something like that going on. Update us when you can.

Misti Hang in there. Could it be sodium for you? My body is very sensitive to it. Heck, my body is sensitive to everything. Have a great day.

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-02-2013 at 07:10 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:16 AM   #43  
Life is about balance

Diana I was told the same thing about coffee and breasts and that is why we are cutting it down. It makes the fibrous tissue swell more and can be painful. So I was counseled to lower my intake, but it takes up to five months to notice a difference.

lovedancelive welcome
Old 01-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 157/157/120

Height: 5'0"

I'm new here as of a few days ago and decided to jump into this thread.

I just need to tell someone that I didn't eat any processed/packaged foods yesterday! I realize the definition of processed food depends on who you're asking, but what I mean is that I didn't eat anything that come from a box or had long lists of ingredients that our grandparents wouldn't recognize.

I planned out my snacks which were all higher in protein/fat and low in carbs and I never got to that "OMG I'm going to die if I don't eat something right now" stage which is what normally happens when I diet.
emurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:18 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 181/148.8/129

Height: 5'3"

Thank you everybody. =)

The first day of my fast went well. I haven't had any problems and I don't feel as bloated anymore. I'm having a bit of trouble drinking enough though; I think I only had 2 cups of plain black tea and 3 or 4 glasses of water. I'm going to try to increase that today.

I need to begin researching what I want to eat once I'm done. I really want to use that crock pot so I am going to try to find as much as I can so I can go shopping ahead of time. Shopping while hungry is not a good idea.

@emurph - Welcome and good job!

@Misti in Seattle - Sometimes the body works in mysterious ways, haha. But at least you are active, that's healthy. Is it possible you are putting on muscle?
Doomkitty is offline   Reply With Quote