Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 10:35 AM   #76  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Serina, I am sure you are building new muscle if you are doing weights now too.

Di, I envy you for being able to go to the gym to lift weights. I want to but I don't really have the courage to do it just yet. I was telling my husband about you and said that maybe this winter we should sign up and try to go lift. (We are a tourist town so we are very busy making donuts all summer)

I'll bet you look great. I would love to see a pic.

I hope everyone is doing good. I am hoping for a good loss this week myself.
Old 05-09-2003, 03:47 PM   #77  

Hi all.
I tried to post earlier from work, but the computer I was using had settings that prevented it. I've got a few minutes before I have to pick my daughter up from school, so I figured I get in while I have the chance.
Angie, every time you mention your job, I'm amazed at how successful you have been with your weight loss in spite of constant temptation. What an inspiration!
I weighed this morning since I'm going to be gone all weekend. I weighed in at 228 which means that even after my fiasco last weekend and a questionable week, I've only gained 1 pound. TOM is here, also, so I may be retaining a bit of water, although, I usually lose it the first couple of days and it's day 2 now. I really feel for you guys who deal with the bloat during the entire period.
This weekend should be good since I won't ever be eating alone and so will be on my "best behavior"! Also, I'm told that the camp where our girlscout troop is staying is really spread out and requires a lot of walking. Maybe this is just what I need to get started again. I'll weigh-in on Monday and see. Won't get posted to the chart, but maybe next weekend.
Good luck to everyone on this weekend's weigh-in.

Jen519
Old 05-09-2003, 07:37 PM   #78  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Jen, I usually only have trouble at the bakery when I try new pastries to sell. I did a peanut butter brownie that screwed me up for a while but now I cut Jay a piece and leave the bakery while he eats it so I can't sneak a bite. Have fun hiking around the camp. I wished I could leave my dogs home alone for the day and drive to New Hampshire and go hiking on the trails. The scenery there is so beautiful and last time I went I weighed 265 pounds so I didn't walk too far.

Good Luck on weigh ins tomorrow girls.
Old 05-10-2003, 12:34 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Angie I think that is a good idea that you have about the food samples. I would have to walk away as well. Jen I hope that your campout will help get you remotivated. It's late and I think that the bed is calling me. See everyone later.
Old 05-10-2003, 08:10 AM   #80  

Angry Weigh in

Good morning, everyone!

I am checking in with a loss this week of 2.5 lbs! Some of that is due to the fact I only lost .5 last week due to TOM, but at 3.0 lbs for the challenge "under my belt" already, I should be able to reach my goal of 4 lbs.

I haven't posted since my last weigh-in , so I've got a lot of catching up to do...

Angie, you rock!!! Congrats on getting into the 140's (yes, it has been that long since I've posted). Especially given your job! I once ran a doughnut stand and it was very bad for my waistline, even though I limited myself to one free doughnut a day. That's a lot of extra calories and they add up over time!

Jen, good luck on your camping trip, maybe you will get in the grove this weekend. I find my daughter is very helpful in motivating me to get moving. We went hiking with DD last weekend. Being with DD keeps the exercise level pretty moderate, but adds a great deal to the fun factor. Since I really hate to exercise (even when I did it regularly) that is important to me.

Di, we all like to look at a number and see quantifiable improvement. It is hard to prove to ourselves that we are progressing otherwise even if there is a visible difference. Have you ever gotten your body fat checked? It sounds like you'd do well even with a low-tech calliper method. It's not many women whose arms have "visible hard muscles with veins showing," and frankly, not even that many men!

Serina, the same goes for you! You are just about the same weight as Di and you two are probably among the healthiest on this board (and in the population in general). Try to find some number other than the scale, maybe the tape measure if not BF to focus on and help set your goals.

Kina, good for you for keeping your focus on school instead of getting a job that messes up your priority. Sorry you didn't show any loss last weigh-in, but I know you can do it and you are staying with it so you will succeed . Good luck on today's weigh-in.

Gen, you rule !!!! Thanks for not only keeping this thread up, but also for the inspirational posts. It's delightful to hear you becoming more comfortable with the new you and taking advantage of fun opportunites!

Jen (M&I), Gigglez and Steph, congrats to you all !!! Your work outs are really paying off!

Shimmers, walking your dog is a great form of exercise, especially along the beach... oh if only! My dog should be healthy enough to go for walks soon, but she is a very furry keeshond and doesn't do well on long walks in hot weather . Oh, well.

Paula, congrats on making progess! It's easy to stall out after reaching a big milestone like you have !

Wishmeluck, good luck! Let us know how you are doing!

Sorry if I've overlooked anyone. I've been a long time posting, probably others have snuck in since then. Congrats to all losers and good luck on weigh-ins today !!!

-Deborah
Old 05-10-2003, 08:25 AM   #81  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Deborah, I didn't know you had a Keehond. I have 2!!!! Candi is 1 year old and we had to look everywhere for a breeder, We actually ended up going to one of the best breeders and beg for the girl that they wanted to sell to a show home( I don't show them). Love her to death!!!

In January we were at the Humane Society and went into a new room and low and behold there was a Keeshond male sitting there looking all pathetic. Needless to say I went back the next Monday and got him. His name is Cappie and he is 2. Short of his barking problem(His other owners left him outside all the time) He is a sweetheart.

I'll try to post a pic in a minute. COOL!!!
Old 05-10-2003, 08:38 AM   #82  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Default Here is Cappie

He is the boy we adopted.
Old 05-10-2003, 08:39 AM   #83  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Default Here is Candi

My baby girl. She has learned all kinds of bad things since we got Cappie
Old 05-10-2003, 08:41 AM   #84  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to weigh in!! I am down 1 more pound. YES!!
Old 05-10-2003, 02:27 PM   #85  
determined chick!

Angry Hi everyone

Hi everyone. So many posts, I hope I can remember everything I wanted to say . First, I'm down 1 lb. I'm being extra good today. I went to the gym this am and got in 45 minutes on the treadmill doing speed intervals- mostly 4.5 to 5.0. I burnt 400 cal and did 4 miles, so it was worth it. Then I did some ab work on the weighted crunch machine. Hopefully this will help to guarantee my plateau is gone. I know I sound like a big whiner when I hit a plateau, and I want to apologize for that I'm trying to learn that the scale measures my weight and not my self worth. Thank you all for reminding me of that. Yoyo mom- I definitely plan to ask the gym if they measure body fat, maybe that will be a better guide for me. By the way congrats on the loss Angie- starting a weight lifting program was the best thing I ever did. It truly has made a difference in toning. Since changing my routine at the last gym and then starting one here, several co workers have told me they can't believe the difference in my appearance. I definitely recommend it- I really enjoy it. Serina- Are you doing measurements with the tape measure too? With lifting weights, your weight loss will sometimes stall or you may even go up a pound for a couple of days when you gain muscle. This last plateau I did my measurements and had seen muscle gains in my triceps, biceps and thighs. Since muscle weighs more than fat, maybe that's an answer to your halt, it'll move again, I promise. Kina- What can I say? Chick you are such a great friend, and one of my biggest supporters Your support and encouragement has meant a lot to me, and I'm grateful for it and you! Chick you rock!! Everyone else hello hope you all have a great Saturday and woo I know this post was too long. Gotta run. Take care all. Di
Old 05-10-2003, 02:31 PM   #86  
determined chick!

OOPS! Angie, I forgot to say what a beautiful dog! and congrats on the loss way to go!- Di
Old 05-10-2003, 02:46 PM   #87  

Hi all,

Just a quick note, Sorry I haven't been around lately. I have had a REALLY bad week so far. No motivation, no exercise and my eating has been really bad, but I think I'm back. Although I'm sure there will be gain. Congrats to everyone who has lost this week. You guys rock!!!

Angie: Your dogs are beautiful. We have a sheltie and a beagle now. But my Baby was my little Pug Lily. Someone had let her out of our back yard one day and was hit by a car.

Well I think I'm going to head out and get my butt to the rec center to get some exerdise in. I would go walking, but it's SNOWING here in Colorado.

I'll check in later. Talk to you all then!!!
Old 05-10-2003, 07:27 PM   #88  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

I love your dogs Angie! They look so happy and sweet. We don't have dogs of our own...we actually adopt the neighbors dogs when they come over. They smile at us when they approach us...can you imagine a dog smile. I wish I could get a pic of it but they do it as if they were shy with their nose down. It is just the cutest thing. We have a bird, cockatiel named Tweet, and a gerbal or hamster named Buddy.

Well I did finally have a loss last Monday but now it's that TOM that I am retaining water and that .5 lb I lost last week is now a big part of my weigh in this week. Aw! So I am not showing a loss this week but I always seem to make up for it afterwards. Thanks for the encouragement YoYo Mom, Di, Angie. I plan to work my tail off this week. I know I get the best results when it's that TOM.

Snowing in Colorado at this time of the year, Jen (M&I)? Wow that is interesting.

Okay I have to get out of here. We are planning to go out to the ranch. Talk to you all later and Mom's have a wonderful Mother's Day! For those who aren't biological mom's...Happy Mother's Day to you also; without knowing you may be a motherly figure to a child and that is just as important.

Hugs & Smiles, Kina
Old 05-10-2003, 09:32 PM   #89  

Hey, it looks like we have a couple break throughs. Congrats on the weight loss, Di and Kina !!!!

Jen (M&I), good luck getting back on track.

Hey, Angie! congrats to you! You're on a roll! I love your dogs too, but then I'm biased ! Actually, my girl Vanna looks a lot like your girl. I had a similar tough time finding a breeder and Vanna is also a possible show dog turned pet. But I really wanted a Keeshond based on my research and she has turned into the lovable, tolerant, surrogate sister my daughter needed!

I've never posted a picture before, but here goes...
(Rats! That didn't work... the picture is too big. I'll try again later.)

-Deborah
Old 05-10-2003, 10:33 PM   #90  

Default Way to go everyone!!!!

A big congrats to everyone!!!! We've been working and busy with family over the house. So I'm totally pooped and ready for bed. I just had to stop by and see everyone's progress! You ladies are amazing! I will do my best to post the weigh in chart tomorrow!

ttyl,Gen
Closed Thread