Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-23-2012, 03:23 AM   #1  
babybat

Height: 5'7

Unhappy Well this has set me back on an emotional level

EDIT: I weighed myself today and it said 289 so this must have been water weight or something...

orignal post --
hi everyone
tonight I weighted myself and the scale said I had 4 extra pounds than I thought I did.

SO
at first I weighed myself and it said 290
I weighed myself a second time just to make sure and it said 294

now the problem IS, I think the 290 was set as a 30 year old man thats 5'5 high....

I'm going to wait till morning (I heard it's the best time to weigh yourself) to see which number is correct. But I'm terribly upset and disappointed... I feel just absolutely dreadful.

Last edited by Babybat; 12-23-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Babybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

Whilst 4lb is a set back, it's something which can recover from in no time.

It may be a case of water weight or similar, so fingers crossed you drop back down. But if you haven't - please try not to beat yourself up over it.

Sometimes my scale goes up before it goes down. The body works in mysterious ways after all. Best of luck
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:29 AM   #3  
is a persistent thistle

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/133

Height: 5'6"

I never ever weigh myself any other time than first thing in the morning. Weight fluctuates so much during the day. It's not worth the mental loop it will throw me. As 1987 said, hopefully it's just water weight. I understand your disappointment but don't let it discourage you. Good luck, Babybat.
Thistleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #4  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

This sounds a bit odd... When you say you thought the scale was "set" for a 30 year old male who is 5'5"... Are you using a scale that measures BF% that require the input of that data? Because my experience with those type of scales is that even with the incorrect data the scale still gives you an accurate weight...

A lot of things could be going on here... everything from normal water weight fluctuations to possibly the scale malfunctioning...

Now as far as this being an emotional setback for you... If this sort of thing really upsets you, then perhaps only weighing yourself once a week on the same day and at the same time would be helpful to you...

Last edited by TripSwitch; 12-23-2012 at 11:03 AM.
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #5  
babybat

Thank you everyone, I weighed myself today and the scale said 289!
I'm not sure what happened last night but I made sure I weighed myself correctly today.

I guess I was worried for nothing...but your support means so much <3 happy holidays.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #6  
babybat

Quote:
I never ever weigh myself any other time than first thing in the morning. Weight fluctuates so much during the day. It's not worth the mental loop it will throw me. As 1987 said, hopefully it's just water weight. I understand your disappointment but don't let it discourage you. Good luck, Babybat.
Thank you, It was a bit sad but I'm never going to stop.
I'm almost down 10lbs which is a lot for me. And I know it's not going to be easy but I enjoy a challenge if that doesn't sound too dumb
Old 12-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 169/130/110

Height: 5' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybat View Post
EDIT: I weighed myself today and it said 289 so this must have been water weight or something...

orignal post --
hi everyone
tonight I weighted myself and the scale said I had 4 extra pounds than I thought I did.

SO
at first I weighed myself and it said 290
I weighed myself a second time just to make sure and it said 294

now the problem IS, I think the 290 was set as a 30 year old man thats 5'5 high....

I'm going to wait till morning (I heard it's the best time to weigh yourself) to see which number is correct. But I'm terribly upset and disappointed... I feel just absolutely dreadful.
Yes only weigh in the morning. My coach suggests not weighing daily.
pekelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 160:(/see ticker/125

Height: 5'4

I always weight 2-3lbs more at night than I do in the morning. To me is normal but I don't weight myself anymore that often.

To measure your weight loss you should choose a time and only record your weight at that time only. Most people weight themselves in the morning after going to the bathroom, others weight at the gym with clothes on.
CIELOARGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #9  

It sounds like you don't handle fluctuations at the scale well. It really would be better for your weight loss to only weigh once a week, on the same scale, at the same time.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote