Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 11:32 AM   #16  
this time I mean it!!!

S/C/G: 355/336.2/190

Height: 5' 8"

Day One - REALLY well!

Food - 1230 Calories

Exercise - Managed 12 minutes of stair climbing - which is what my trainer wanted me to do. Damn near kilt me tho...

Water - 160 oz

This in spite of the fact that my puppy had to go to the emergency vet... I'm still stressed out over that, but once he's home and well I'll be fine - so I just need to stay on track today!

Amarantha - Colorado RULES!
Old 05-01-2003, 12:54 PM   #17  
Is it Friday yet?

Reporting for duty Ma'am!

I need this - I need a place where I am accountable and post (*gasp*) my weight! I'm weighing on Sunday and will post on Monday (still no 'puter at home).

Battle plan:
~ Set small, reasonable goals - you don't lose 90 pounds at a whack, you loose them 1 at a time.
~ Plain ol' calorie counting - I have my list of foods I always eat and a chart to keep track.
~ Some sort of activity 5 days a week - either yard work, elliptical, anything!
~ Report here - even if you all aren't going to be keeping an eye on me, I need to feel like it's a responsibility to be here.

Toodles,
Terri
Old 05-01-2003, 03:19 PM   #18  
To love me is a privilege

Smile Challenge

Hi Girls. I am a few days late. I have been so busy I haven't had time to check the site since Christmas. I was part of the Christmas and Turkey challenge.

I hate to say it but my weight has done nothing but gone up. There was a lot of stress. I am ready to shed this extra baggage. I don't really have a set plan other than exercising atleast 5 days a week and watch what goes in my mount. I guess you could call that a plan.

I am currently at 212 this morning. I am going to kickboxing every wednesday and the other days I am walking/jogging 2.5 miles with my husband. I plan to add some pilates in there atleast once a week, as well as, the most important ab work.

12 weeks is a long time to guess where I would like to be so I will say 30 pounds.

Gook luck to all of you. Look forward to the chats.
Tipper
Old 05-01-2003, 06:53 PM   #19  

Angry

Another day almost down. Calories and fat grams in check; water on target, too. Tonight I will using my exercise tubes as my work out since my aerobics class has been cancelled (damn them...don't they know we have a challenge going on here!!!

Great to see everyone is still motivated and doing well. Thanks to our fearless leader for keeping us on track
Old 05-01-2003, 11:53 PM   #20  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Doing great....got in all my water and then some, took my walk tonight. It wasnt as long as it usually was, but at least I got it in. Carbs and calories are on target

Night Ladies
Robin
Old 05-02-2003, 01:06 AM   #21  

Default Victory on Day 2

Calorie Deficit: 1784
Total since challenge began: 3284
Remaining to attain goal: 45,716 (based on goal lbs to lose
times 3500 cal/lb)

Exercise: 5.62 miles
Total since challenge began: 11.32
Remaining to attain goal: 318.68

Fitday: Every last bite!!! (Even the 11 M&M's that I snuck in are
safely recorded in Fitday)

Old 05-02-2003, 08:28 AM   #22  
Empress/Queen

Default Day 4/Heading Into Day 5

Yowza, yowza, yowza!!!! Punkin and Tipper are in the house, er, camp!!! Here's the new roster:

SUCCESSFUL SEVEN ROSTER

Amarantha
Brunissen
Terri
Purduegirl
Punkinseed
Simcoe
Tipper

My Day Four Report: Aerobics on this plan are like falling off a log easy, so did 'em and was off to work. Eating was challenging because time crunched and the six meal a day thing led to a bit more reliance on nutrition bars than I thought fit, but everything worked out ok and I got all the meals in plus they were pretty close to perfect calorie and healthwise. Taking day off to rest brain and going to gym in afternoon when it's quiet and can concentrate on getting the upper body workout just right. Journaling is the main thing on this plan. Got "before" pics back. Had interesting talk with someone about the spirit of transformation ... long story and I'm pledged to be brief ... but I know this is a mind, body, spirit quest I'm on and I WILL SUCCEED!

EVERYONE IS DOING WONDERFULLY AND WE ARE GOING TO GO THE DISTANCE HERE AND STAY ON PLAN!!! No slackers here!!! Yes, Punkin, WE ARE WATCHING!!!

"One, two, three, four, let's slog on a little more ..."

I promised to be brief, so for further elaboration on my attitude re this challenge, please see my motto (from Vic) below!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 05-02-2003 at 08:34 AM.
Old 05-02-2003, 08:33 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Thursday's report:

Food okay - can and will do better when DH and I get our heads back together this weekend.

Exercise - Did 17 mintutes on the spinner, conditioning exercises for the arms (5 lb weights 2 sets of 8), and walked the dog.

Need more water.

Need to journal!

Got my nails done!

I'm off to work and will be spending the weekend with my sis - so no reports from me until Sunday. We will be going to WW, walking and not pigging out.
Old 05-02-2003, 11:16 AM   #24  
this time I mean it!!!

Angry Thursday Check-In

Food - 1109 Calories, should have eaten more but was too stressed out by puppy trauma.

Exercise - 9 minutes on Elliptical, and 1 hour session with personal trainer working on chest.

Water - 144 oz - wish I would have had a bit more...

Still not getting enough fruits/veggies in diet....a trip to the grocery store this weekend will remedy that!

Last edited by brunissen; 05-02-2003 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:11 PM   #25  

Brunissen, are you really drinking 144 oz of water per day!!!! Holy cow, I can barely get in 32 oz. You must be floating half of the time

By the way, what is an Elliptical? I have heard alot of people talking about it, but have not idea what it is
Old 05-02-2003, 01:13 PM   #26  
this time I mean it!!!

Living in a really dry climate I've learned to drink a whole lotta water...I also stay away from juice and sodas so it's my only liquid for the day.

I don't really know how to describe an Elliptical trainer, so the easiest thing is to give a link that shows some...

http://www.precor.com/cpr_efx.php

It's completely non-impact, and you make kind of a walking/running motion. The ones with the moving arms are really tough too in my opinion....
Old 05-02-2003, 02:19 PM   #27  
To love me is a privilege

My day is going well.

So far I have had oatmeal, banana, peanutbutter sandwich on
wheat bread, and about 10 cinasticks. Love those things.
Last night I did about 50 sit ups. We had some bad storms so walking was out. Tonight I want to make up for some of it and go atleast 3 miles.

Didn't way this morning. Getting over that hateful monthly visit.

Talk later
Old 05-02-2003, 03:05 PM   #28  
Is it Friday yet?

Reporting for duty!

Today - perfection so far. I had a hankerin' for chinese food last night - I ate 1/2 and brought the rest for lunch today (with a salad).

Brunissen - Yea, I can't explain an elliptical either - but I love mine!

I ordered 4 bellydancing exercise DVD's yesterday and can't wait!!!!

Off to continue my calorie counting cheat-sheet...

Terri
Old 05-02-2003, 07:37 PM   #29  
Empress/Queen

Reporting early as this is my authorized "free" day ... the plan encourages one to depart from the straight and narrow and just eat whatever once a week. The journal schedules this for Sunday but the book says to take it anytime, so that's what I did! Woo-hoo!!! What fun!

Did the authorized upper body workout at gym ... really getting stronger.

The elliptical machine at the gym hurts my knees a bit but I'd like to master it as it can really simulate running and I want to start running again at some point.

Tipper: What are cinasticks? I love cinnamon. Have fallen in love with a certain cinnamon roll flavored nutrition bar ... I'm having to limit myself to one a day as I bought a whole box.

I AM GOING TO DO THIS!!!
Old 05-02-2003, 07:47 PM   #30  
Hot Stuff

Private Wildfire reporting for duty!

I'm going to carry on my one-week challenges for the next 11 (? left?) weeks.

Goals:
  • drink 48-64oz of water daily
  • exercise every day in some form
  • Journal food/activities at FitDay every day
  • Calories daily between 1300 - 1700
  • Eat more fruit/veggies
  • Plan meals to avoid eating junk food!
  • Sleep minimum of 7 hours per night - Get to bed on time!!!
  • Weight loss goal 12 lbs

everyone!
Closed Thread