Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #1  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

Talking NSV --so excited (anyone else have new ones today)

I have kicked up my fitness this week, to get better results and if anyone here has a wii, they know you might need pockets for part of the fitness equiptment. I have learned I gave away all my pocket pants/shorts cause they got too big ..
I ventured through the closet and found my 18 sized (Junior) Union Bays, cargos with pockets. They not only fit, they are pretty big. Besides the loss in dimension on my frame this is awesome, 'cause I won't have to spend more money getting new pants just for fitness.
Also I know I'm soon to be a true 16, ( I haven't been a 16 or much less an 18 in so many years) besides the Old Navy skinny jeans. Wow, I started this journey at 22/24 from the plus shops and am no longer needing those shops or those bigger sizes .. so close to not being considered a 'big girl'. lol DOes anyone know the number in which is no longer considered a big person? Is it 12? Okay enough about me, I like to see others too, please share yours if you have them to add. Thank you everyone for listening.
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

Congrats on the lower sizes!

I think whether 12 is considered big or not depends on whose wearing the 12. I'm a 12. Look at my ticker. Im obese by quite a bit lol. Size is very different on different people. We are basically the same height but my shape is probably very different than yours. I probably won't look thin til I'm a size 4 or 6 where as other people look thin at 10 or 12. What I do to see if I'm 'big' or not is compare it to the people in my city. In my city I'm average or below average weight/size cause where I live people are quite large. But thats me and my vanity. But its easier to judge based on who youre around in real life than on media prescriptions of size right? :P

My NSV is that I went for a walk today in the snow and ice banks (we dont have sidewalks in the winter) and I was able to jump around the little foot holes and banks with ease where as last year id be on my butt several times. I'm more..spry?lol
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW 228/CW 138/GW 130-150

Height: 5'3.5

I am a 12 and still considered over weight. I think a 6-8 will put me in average weight for my height.
dstalksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:21 PM   #4  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on your NSV!
I think the average American woman is a size 14, so anything under that would be considered "not big".
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #5  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Congrats on the smaller sizes...GAH you have to be feeling awesome about yourself right now

Quote:
I think whether 12 is considered big or not depends on whose wearing the 12]
agreed...Height and body shape play a big roll...I'm a hourglass, tall, and wear a size 12 in pants, and size 10 in dresses...and I'm told that I look thin...If I ever went below a size 10 in pants, it would be to thin for my body. The average american women size is between a 12-14...but again...its about whats best for your body and what makes you feel good.

Last edited by baker23; 12-20-2012 at 03:48 PM.
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #6  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Agreed with all of you. I will probably be around a 12 but I have a huge frame and I'm tall to begin with!

My nsv? Well my bra band has gone from a 54 to a 42 (I'm still an H cup though... boo)

Biggest one though was I had to have my picture taken today for work, and a) I didn't absolutely freak out about it (it's going in the paper) and b) while I still HATE the way I look, especially since I'm standing next to two normal sized people, I didn't end up in tears when I saw it! I can see that I'm smaller! yay!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:08 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiojane View Post
Agreed with all of you. I will probably be around a 12 but I have a huge frame and I'm tall to begin with!

My nsv? Well my bra band has gone from a 54 to a 42 (I'm still an H cup though... boo)

Biggest one though was I had to have my picture taken today for work, and a) I didn't absolutely freak out about it (it's going in the paper) and b) while I still HATE the way I look, especially since I'm standing next to two normal sized people, I didn't end up in tears when I saw it! I can see that I'm smaller! yay!
woo grats on that NSV!. I'm also a H bra well HH but I'm a 34 band just wait til you have to find a 34 HH lol good luck there. Also just wanted to say I thought I was a 'huge' framed girl too when I was in the 300s but I have found out I am actually small-medium framed after loosing enough weight to actually see my frame.

A bit off topic but all these posts make me wonder at all the varying size differences. Cause I'm tall as well and I'm about 20-40lbs heavier than most other 5'6-5'8 size 12 girls. I'm tall and a hourglass but I've seen girls post that are also hourglasses or also tall or both and are still much less then me in weight at a 12. Weird huh? Could it be my muscle mass? Or just the degree of hourglass shape? or that I'm smaller framed?

Our bodies are all so varied its rather intriguing.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:10 PM   #8  
Japanese Student

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'3''

My NSV I guess is that my dogs made me go on a walk with them when the wind outside was so strong and cold that it chilled to the bone! >___< But I got used to it. And we walked our mile.
Spiritix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:12 PM   #9  
Fear does not = fate

S/C/G: 295/140/nogoal :)

Height: 5'2"

Grats!!
owlsteazombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:47 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Great NSV! I think here in Canada you can get size 12 in all regular stores, 14 in some but 16 is "plus". I'm a 16 right now but can't wait until those other stores are options again!
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:40 AM   #11  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
A bit off topic but all these posts make me wonder at all the varying size differences. Cause I'm tall as well and I'm about 20-40lbs heavier than most other 5'6-5'8 size 12 girls. I'm tall and a hourglass but I've seen girls post that are also hourglasses or also tall or both and are still much less then me in weight at a 12. Weird huh? Could it be my muscle mass? Or just the degree of hourglass shape? or that I'm smaller framed?
Prob a combination of everything. The fat could be settled differently as well...my stomache is full of empty fat pockets and loose skin(I can liderely lift up my stomache flap completely, pull it to the side, flatten it out) so if I didn't damage my body by gaining in the first place, I would be smaller at this weight.
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:43 AM   #12  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Congrats!!!

And everyone looks different at different sizes. I was still obese at a size 12 because I'm short. You're taller so a size 12 may very well be an ideal size for you...or when you get there you may decide it's not. You'll have to wait and see I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baker23 View Post
Prob a combination of everything. The fat could be settled differently as well...my stomache is full of empty fat pockets and loose skin(I can liderely lift up my stomache flap completely, pull it to the side, flatten it out) so if I didn't damage my body by gaining in the first place, I would be smaller at this weight.
Oh gosh mine too. I can do all sorts of silly things with my loose skin.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:48 AM   #13  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

AvalonMoon great job!! Always fun to find old, smaller, clothes that fit!! I'm wearing all my clothes from 3 years ago when I was this size, and don't care in the least that they are slightly outdated!! I'm wearing my 2009 fashion with pride LOL

New NSV: I went to my sons' orchestra concert last night and while I was sitting there waiting for it to start, I realized both how large the seat felt, and also how long it had been since I had even thought about seat size and whether it would be a squeeze or not... yay!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #14  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryQuinn View Post
Congrats on the lower sizes!

I think whether 12 is considered big or not depends on whose wearing the 12. I'm a 12. Look at my ticker. Im obese by quite a bit lol. Size is very different on different people. We are basically the same height but my shape is probably very different than yours. I probably won't look thin til I'm a size 4 or 6 where as other people look thin at 10 or 12. What I do to see if I'm 'big' or not is compare it to the people in my city. In my city I'm average or below average weight/size cause where I live people are quite large. But thats me and my vanity. But its easier to judge based on who youre around in real life than on media prescriptions of size right? :P

My NSV is that I went for a walk today in the snow and ice banks (we dont have sidewalks in the winter) and I was able to jump around the little foot holes and banks with ease where as last year id be on my butt several times. I'm more..spry?lol
CherryQuinn~ Thank you..you are so lucky not to be thick in the middle. Wish I were built more that way. Way to go with your NSV. Being agile is important.
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonmoon View Post
CherryQuinn~ Thank you..you are so lucky not to be thick in the middle. Wish I were built more that way. Way to go with your NSV. Being agile is important.
im just thick everywhere else lol thats where I need to lose my weight. everywhere else lol