Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 135/135/117

Height: 5'2"

Default needing a "sister" in my weight loss goal

Helo everyone! my name is Aubrey.. well, obviously am here with the same obstacle and with the same goal.. I am 5'2, and 135 at the moment...I am so hoping to melt away 20 pounds atleast within 2 months and am so hoping to find support here..is that even possible for my height and weight to lose that much in 2 month's time? Would zumba be enough? thank u!
fated2loseweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:27 PM   #2  
I WILL get there...again

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Hey Aubrey, I am looking to lose in the same weight range as you (25 pounds for me, well 23 to go). I just restarted about 2 weeks ago after a long stint of "letting myself go". I'm also using Zumba (DVD set) as my primary mode of exercise because I actually enjoy it and it doesn't seem like a chore. I tend to take weight off slowly unless I'm severely restricting calories. For me, the desire to lose weight quickly has been my downfall in the past because I can't stick with it so I'm trying to be more moderate this time around. I am exercising 6 days a week and making healthy choices, but I'm not restricting calories severly or eliminating certain food groups. I'm shooting for about a pound a week or so. Do you mind sharing the reason behind the 2 month goal? I've always heard that 2 pounds a week is a good, healthy goal so in 2 months you could expect to lose just over 16 pounds at that rate, therefore I would say it is possible, at least to get close. I would be happy to be your support "sister" on this journey if you want.
bunnabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 135/135/117

Height: 5'2"

awww that is very nice of you bunnabear! well, i dont know if in American standards, I "visually" look fat..but I know I am lol..I am an asian, filipino to be specific..and in our country, 135 pounds for a 5'2 height is FAT..i was of the same weight 2+ years ago, i was able to get down to 106 or maybe even 101 but that was with working out every single day and not eating at night i was atleast able to keep it off for 2 years..but there came all the stress from immigration to US, paperworks etc..I let myself go and before I knew it, I am back if not more than the weight I started 2 yrs ago..I need help, and motivation for me is important.. I wish to have some people, "sisters" to keep up with, gosh I wish it was easy
fated2loseweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Height: 5'2

135 is not fat for 5'2. 140 is over weight for 5'2 if you are going by BMI,150 is obese. The " normal" range of what they consider healthy for 5'2 is 99 pounds - 125. However, just because one makes it to this idea weight or is this idea weight; Does not mean you are Healthy!

I am 5'2 also, while I am not for sure about my weigh goal. I do know, some things are not leaving me; like hips and butt. For me the idea weight is not 99pounds-121 I am a woman and not a little girl. So, I love my curves !

Just take care of yourself and you will lose that weight in no time
Fatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:40 PM   #5  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

To answer your question, Zumba is great for exercise. Diet will be the most important thing to lose the weight. I do hope you are open to some flexibility in your time frame though. Although it totally is possible to lose 20 pounds in 2 months time, it will be incredibly hard, especially since you aren't really over weight. I'm CERTAINLY NOT saying you shouldn't lose weight, your goals are your own!!!! Just sayin' it's harder for those of us with less to lose! I found the weight came off incredibly easily when I had 80+ pounds to lose, but the closer I get to my goal, the bigger struggle every single pound is!

So, in summary (LOL), welcome! You can totally do this with Zumba as your exercise and focusing on diet. Best of luck and I hope to see you around!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:42 AM   #6  
I WILL get there...again

I understand what you mean about your own feelings about your weight versus what is clinically normal. My BMI right now is 24.8, which is in the "normal" range (.2 from being in the overweight range), but this is very heavy for me. I didn't weigh this much when I was 9 months pregnant with my son so needless to say I do not feel good at this weight in terms of appearance or health. My goal weight would make my BMI 21.3 which is more comfortably in that normal range. I hope to be at least close to bathing suit ready when the summer comes. I'm pretty modest in my bathing suit choices (even when I was thin) so I won't be in a bikini or anything but I'd like to feel comfortable in my own skin.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:50 PM   #7  
I WILL get there...again

Hey Aubrey,
I wanted to check in with you and see how things are going.