Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-04-2012, 07:25 AM   #46  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Misti - Your time out sounds awesome! And yes, I read all the way through

Mamakat - Thanks for the shout out I am checking in as often as possible, cause you all rock!

Diana - For her to cause you stress to the point of physical reaction, I am feeling the need to visit the woman for you By the way, the new name would be so fitting with our crew. Speaking of rants... Here I go with one..

SO yesterday no school again (just no time at all) and wow this change is taking some getting used to. Got home from work to find a message on our answering machine saying my son has an appt today at 2:45... ummm dang! So got on phone looking for a ride for him... found one! Then had to sign a paper for youngest daughter and write check out for her to go on orchestra field trip, then another for HOA and have oldest daughter bring it to office today... then oldest daughter tells me she lost access to her online school! Dang it! Apparently due to her MOTHER not turning in timesheets... what a hot mess. So told her to fill her next 2 days with stuff around the house and I will try to rectify the situation in between everything. Today's 1st lunch break at work will be setting up her infusion, the 2nd will be to set up appointment with rhuematologist (as long as everyone answers the phone quickly)..STILL have to set up my son's 3x/wk Physical therapy in between everything and I work all the hours they are open. Good times, good times. Thank goodness I dye my hair so no one can see the gray! OH!!! Then I go into work to find a message from our corporate office, I have been dinged for breaking policy in regards to internet. Still waiting to hear the wrath on that one. I made a post in MFP that used the word ***... so it also broke the offensive language code at work. So now have to totally keep my nose clean, I am being watched. Crazy!

Tomorrow is the surgery, good job remembering Diana. I will check in as soon as the anesthesia wears off enough at the house I have no doubt all will go well. Wrote to-do lists of things I can calmly do, that desperately need to be done, while I am down for that day and the next. Though writing checks for bills is one fo them, so lets hope I am of my right mind enough to write them correctly and not get all creative, LOL! Im off to work!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #47  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
Diana - For her to cause you stress to the point of physical reaction, I am feeling the need to visit the woman for you

Tomorrow is the surgery, good job remembering Diana. I will check in as soon as the anesthesia wears off enough at the house
Hey, I've got a plan! You pay a visit to the "crazy lady" for me and I will be a personal secretary for you. Sound like a plan?

Oh, heck no! You need to check in when you are full of anesthesia! People say some very interesting things when they come out of surgery!

My Mom was literally flirting with the male nurses when she came out of surgery. That was NOT her style at all.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:51 AM   #48  
Trying to live below 200

AKA I have no idea! I think you said that you are in graduate school, right? I would look at the areas where the future demand would be the highest. I know the future of things is always changing so it can be confusing. Also, you want to go into an area where you have interest since you will be doing that work for the rest of your life. (now that sounds depressing ) Most people, that I know do not work in their field of study. I have a BS degree. My major was in business and minor in the social sciences (psychology/sociology). (I should be able to deal with crazy lady better than I am, since I took so many classes in the social sciences, ) I guess my degree works well with what I do. We are self employed and I deal with people on a regular basis.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:05 AM   #49  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning, all.

Just checking in before getting ready for work again. I did have a voice mail from my surgeon's office yesterday asking me to return the call. I am excited and a bit nervous all at the same time. After YEARS of wanting this, could it really be going to happen? I will call this morning... we shall see.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:31 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post

Larry What I don't get, is wouldn't it be more cost effective for the restaurant to steam them clean? Diana's right, you can add the butter and salt later But then again, it taste so good when it's done the other way and you sell more when it's yummy. How did your day equal out?
I finished the day with 1074 calories. 25% fat, 60% carb, 15% protein

Still at 245 lbs this morning. Oh well, As long as I stay on plan eventually that will change
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

Mamakat I attend WW once per week. There are people in line to WI although the scale is digital with a display only the weight recorder sees. The WR's attitude is usually neutral in my experience. They just write it in your book. Some WR's are more enthusiastic then others but they are never negative, not in their interest to be so. At the meeting it is my choice to say how I did or to say nothing. I only speak up to get a charm such as 25 pounds own etc.

Today my legs ache as though I walked a lot or for TTOM. I missed pool yesterday and today. tTOM ended last week so not sure why I am achey. It is damp today and calls for rain.
I will do some walking to get groceries and go to the library. I also want to make soup and will make DH chili.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #52  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

My daily WI was 154.8 - down from yesterday (156.4). Because of daily fluctuations, my "official" WI day is Friday and that's when I compare losses.

Yesterday my caloric intake was 1758, which means that I met my daily goal of staying under 1800.

Diana - this may be a bit extreme, but if you don't feel the need to go to the police, what about changing your phone number? You don't want your heart to pound every time you hear the phone ring in anticipation of crazy.

mamakat - I would struggle so much if I had to do your diet/was gluten intollerant. Judging by your ticker, it's been working well for you. Good job!

Larry H - Its amazing how many calories those restaurant items pack, even the salads! I try to "research" my menu options before I even leave the house that way I can plan my meal accordingly. Of course, that doesn't work for spur of the moment outings.
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 218.2/176.6/128

Height: 5'5"

checking in:

Wt: 192.6 today
Exercise planned: 2 MI run
Eating on plan!

Yay!

I feel very behind with personals have have made a resolution to keep up from here on! Thanks for the warm welcomes.
Kyrren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:07 PM   #54  

Nice job Mamakat! Congratulations TheLauren in staying off the temptation! Welcome MissyKrissy! Diana, yes I will look at Nov as a learning experience. The interesting thing is I post only when I am doing what I am supposed to be doing. Otherwise I feel bad to post and say I did nothing. But the interesting thing is when I don’t post I feel like a flake so I get back on track instead of being off track for month. So even if I am slower in making progress this is better than not doing anything or going off track for months and yo-yoing. For Dec my target is to post once every 2 days (Except weekends/holidays when I don’t get to go near the computer). I am perhaps stating the obvious but is there anyway you can block calls from her particular number?
Today ran 3.1 miles on treadmill
Yesterday: 3.25 miles walk on incline
Today’s Calorie target:1570
Yesterday calories consumed: 1570
Rasagolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:16 PM   #55  
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/200/165

Height: 5' 7"

Good evening, everyone. I've fallen behind on reading posts. So much to do this time of year. I'm doing okay with my eating. I'm on track with my exercise. Cardio barbell at the gym yesterday. Elliptical here at home tonight. Yoga at the gym tomorrow. My hormones are in a twist tonight so I'm feeling quite weepy for no good reason.
worththeeffort2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #56  

I had a really busy and wonderful day. I woke up early and started the first day of C25K. It went really well, even if it was really tough. I went to work, and then went to look at puppies! After that I headed to the stable and rode for 40 minutes. My thighs were so sore after the jog this morning, and riding really brought that soreness to light. I was very ungraceful as I dismounted. I practically fell off the horse. The only thing I regret was the time I ate dinner. I spent 4 hours at the stable, riding, grooming, and talking horse, and I didn't get home until 9. I did eat well, at least. I had butternut squash and baked Tilapia. I'm really lucky to live with a mother who is so supportive and helpful and had dinner ready for me. I was ravenous!
TheLauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:07 PM   #57  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

mamakat, it's been weirdly warm up here as well. Your walk sounds lovely, even though the damage to the boardwalk is so sad. And your diet does sound both simple and extreme, certainly not for everyone. I love my carbs and can tolerate tons of gluten! But I do enjoy the Atkins bars for a good snack.

Diana. I think you're right to find a strategy that doesn't allow the crazy woman to make you crazy. If you can avoid taking her calls, maybe you can make it stop bothering you.

TheLauren, any day with puppies in it is a good day.

Today has been the kind of day that leads me to stress eating. My work set up is still in flux. All I have is a tiny laptop on a table by the kitchen - ugh. Workstations are being installed before the end of the month but, until then, it's difficult. There was a big meeting today of the admin staff and I felt like an outsider, which is really hard for me. No one was particularly friendly to me and I'm worried that there might be some resentment, since I'm coming in at some vaguely high level with vague responsibilities. I was widely liked by my former co-workers so I'm hoping these girls (they're all young women) will warm up to me. I'm really pretty nice!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #58  

Steph yup, puppies always help. My dog passed away 3 months ago, and we are now entertaining the idea of a new dog in the hourse. Work sounds like a difficult position. I do not like being put into new situations like that. I'm sure they will soon realize that you are nice.

Last edited by TheLauren; 12-04-2012 at 10:11 PM.
TheLauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #59  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

hi Diana. thanks for the thread. I was accountable today with both fitness (45m) cycling and my food was under budget. My scale hasn't been kind for the past few weeks but I have lost 3 inches in my core. I'm waking up and eatting right, lotsa salads, apples and oats.
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:57 PM   #60  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Please keep Itsmyturn in your thoughts and prayers for her surgery tomorrow.

Misti Did you get a chance to talk with the Dr's office?

Larry Maybe that calorie range is a little too low for you. I know everyone has a sweet spot with weight loss. If you eat too many, you gain. If you eat too little you can maintain or lose very slowly. Are you doing calorie cycling? If you are doing that, then that will work. I don't remember. Hang in there.

Pluckypear Could your legs be sore from all the decorating you did? That's not something you normally do and you could be sore from that.

Missy Krissy Good job on your weigh in and you calories. The call blocking is an option. Maybe she won't call back now. Let's hope, right? I am a bit concerned that if she can't call then she might show up. We'll see how it goes.

Kyrren Good job on the eating and exercise plan. Please don't worry about keeping up with personals. Do what you can with them. It can get overwhelming.

Rasagolla Try to make it a habit to post especially if it keeps you on track. Whatever it takes to get it done, right? Great job on your calories and exercise.

Worththeeffort Sorry about the hormones. They can definitely give us a fit, can't they? I hope you feel better tomorrow. Good job for staying on track.

Thelauren It sounds like you had a wonderful day! Loved reading about it. Did you decide on a puppy? Love puppies and dogs, too. We lost our Magnum last year. It has been really hard on us and we haven't gotten another pet yet. I have a picture of us in my profile.

Steph I am sending positive energy your way. I hope everyone loosens up and it becomes a wonderful place for you to work. Change and transitions are tough but can be very rewarding in the end. Stay strong against the stress eating. It doesn't fix anything nor will it make you feel better in the long run. Hang in there and maybe go for a walk or jog.

Avalonmoon Hi and Welcome to the check-in! Congrats on your progress, so far.

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-04-2012 at 10:58 PM.