Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-29-2012, 12:42 AM   #1  

Default 10lbs to lose to look fit and toned. Who is in?

I am not overweight but I am over my happy weight. I weigh 132 and my goal is 121. These 11 nasty pounds have crept up on me through my laziness with moderating my eating and exercise. I weighed around 120 for several years comfortably but then I got lax and figured that I could eat what I want.. Turns out I can eat what I want but in moderation.
Looking to lose the 11 pounds over the next two months, through exercise and healthy eating.
Anyone want to join in with me so we can keep each other accountable.
Desert Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:52 AM   #2  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Good luck! It is a lofty goal when you're than close to goal weight, so I'd caution you to not get dispirited if you only lose, say, seven pounds instead of ten! That's the issue with time sensitive goals.

But losing fat and getting strong is definitely doable, in general. Just commit to that end and don't let yourself wander off your plan
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:59 AM   #3  

Thanks for the motivating words. For me, unless I put a time on it it won't work. I'm pretty clued in on what my body can do so it will easily be able to get rid of 10 pounds in 2 months. I'm not hung up on numbers but they help in keeping you honest. It's a measurable scale as is a tape measure or favourite pair if jeans. If I look great at 124 I will stop there.. Just want to be lean, fit and healthier. If I want to do something I do it. Just thought it might be more fun with others involved..
Old 11-29-2012, 02:32 AM   #4  
One day at a time.

S/C/G: 131/128/110

Height: 5ft 3in

I will certainly be joining you on this! I'm in exactly the same position. Gained 20 pounds in 1 year when never weighing over 110 in my life. I've always been able to eat whatever I want and never gain a thing so it came as a bit of a shock! Good luck!
OnwardsAndUpwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 82.2/78.5/64

Height: 176

I'll join in. I've been stuck with the last 10 pounds that don't seem to want to leave.
AmyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:58 AM   #6  

Excellent Amy and Onwards. I'm glad to hear it! It's always easier if you are surrounded by people with a common goal.
Well earlier today I toyed with the idea of a low carb diet. But I think that it is impossible to keep up so I scrapped it. I have been eating healthily for the past ten days, upping my fibre content, eating fruit and protein and smart carbs. I'm feeling good. Walked/ ran 2 miles today and it felt pretty good. Think I may need to do some weight beating exercises. Have my first group session with a PT tomorrow so will let you know how it goes.
How are you guys going?
Old 12-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #7  

Looks like I am in by myself but I will keep posting anyway as I think it could be therapeutic.
I had my first ever group PT session. I am so sore. We did about a million burpies and lots of weighted lunges and squats. It was my first use of kettle bells. I quite like them. I have strong legs but weak arms and midsection so the burpies nearly killed me! But I feel great from it. My body hurts but my brain is ready to be pushed again. Got another PT session in two days. Should be good!
Bikini here I come!
That said I had a Christmas party last night and was hardly an angel with food or drink but its not every day so you've got to live a little. What was weird was the fact that my favourite expensive ciders which were provided at the party are now too sweet for me.. Perhaps I have finally begun to kick my sweet tooth!! Here's hoping!
How is anyone else tackling the Christmas party season?
Old 12-02-2012, 06:25 AM   #8  

Hey Desert!
I usually have those last 5-10 lbs that are so stubborn and seem to come creeping back. I am not getting on the scales, but using pants and bras to check progress. I am doing pretty well lately!! I have a vacay coming up in less than 2 weeks so my plan is to MAINTAIN! Maintaining would be great for me over Xmas and New Year's. However... I will be rooting for you and with you in spirit, for sure.

Oh- and I'm exercising a ton and have recently started heavy lifting which is new to me. I'm hoping for killer muscle development.

Last edited by kelleyb; 12-02-2012 at 06:26 AM.
kelleyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:29 AM   #9  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

Same here, gained almost 11 pounds these past 2 months just from being inlove I'm so in with this!
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #10  

Hey Guys,
So I was pretty healthy yesterday. I felt a bit unmotivated though from the late night the night before and I'm still so sore from the PT session. I can't believe how much my muscles hurt from just one session. I imagine my muscles will grow stronger with every session though so I'm looking forward to the next one.
I managed to make myself go for a walk though so I managed to push past my tiredness and just get on with it.
My scale didn't move this week. Probably due to Christmas party indulgence. I've tried not to let it bother me and so far it hasn't. I know I'm eating well and exercising and the weight will just come off when it's ready.

Kellyb, I think your goal to maintain over vacation is a great one. I have never tried heavy lifting so you will have to let me know how it goes. Enjoy your holidays! My vacation is to the beach so I'm hoping the sunshine and bathing suits will keep me motivated.

Hi Melody,
I've put on the 11 pounds of weight since I met my fiancé. We joke about it and he is very supportive. The thing is, he's lost weight and I've found it. He lost it without ever thinking about it though.. Just is a generally healthy eater.
So basically I understand and would be happy for you to join me.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:08 PM   #11  
Empress/Queen

Hi! I'm not exactly in as far as commitment to post daily but I hope you'll keep posting as definitely I hear you talking lol.

I've been working all year to get rid of some regain pounds and want to get back to 125 by January 6. My ticker doesn't reflect it because I kept changing my goals all year but I was 150 on January 11.

I consider (for now) 125 my ideal weight. I am not a particularly young person lol, so not only does weight come off slowly, but yes it comes off slowly because I am already at a healthy and happy weight.

However, I have a lot of valid reasons for wanting to reach my even happier weight (again) and may even go lower (maybe, could be). It doesn't have to do with vanity, it has to do with saving my knees, fitting into my nice little capri pants and just reaching a goal I set for myself.

I am the one who decides what weight I want to be and can change the decision at any time.

So I do understand how you feel and will be interested in chiming in from time to time. Woot!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:37 AM   #12  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

Hi there! I'm working to lose the last 10 lbs and tone up as well.

My general plan is to count calories (under 1400) and to workout 5 days a week. Weight loss is extremely slow going for me at this point, so I'm trying to focus more on how great my body feels when I eat well and exercise, and less on the scale. I was really hoping to reach 128 by January 12th when I'm the MOH in my best friend's wedding, but I'm not holding my breath. If you haven't already, check out the Featherweights board!

Last edited by OhThePlaces; 12-03-2012 at 07:38 AM.
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #13  

I'll be spending my vacay in a bikini. Motivation... Yep!
kelleyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:33 AM   #14  

Hey Ladies,

I felt unmotivated yesterday but still made myself go for a walk. I felt good afterwards. The truth is I always feel good afterwards and yet it is so hard to convince my brain of that the next time I'm tired but need to exercise. I wish I could bottle the feeling I get after exercise and use it to remind myself that I actually really enjoy the process of getting fitter and stronger.

Today I have a group PT session after work and given how I felt wrecked by the last one I am both excited and a little bit exhausted just thinking about it.

I have recently switched to Greek natural yoghurt. Over from the sugar filled or sugar free stuff I used to have. I have struggled with it. Flavouring it with fresh fruit, a little honey and cinnamon has helped but going from a sugar fiend to less added sugar has been tough. I drink my coffee without sugar now, unless its at a cafe where I use stevia. I have tried to cut out diet soda and just go to water and I'm eating more fresh fruit and less sugar free processed desserts. It is not really about weight loss, more about an active decision to reduce the processed food in my diet. Reduce not eliminate because I'm always going to want some processed food around. Has anyone else done this?

Hey OhthePlaces, Thanks for chiming in. One of my friends has recently started calorie counting. I personally will never do it but if it works for you then great. I just work on eating healthily and moderating portion sizes and sugar. I see a fair few people on the forums seem to calorie count. Do you enjoy the process or do you find it exhausting? I'm sure you'll look awesome for your best friends wedding regardless of whether you hit the 128 mark. All the same I hope you get there.

Amarantha, I would like to hear from you whenever you feel like posting. You have a fresh perspective.. Happy weight and even happier weight. I like it. I know you'll reach your even happier weight when you're ready.

Kellyb - I took a photo of me in my bikini. It's amazing how much that picture motivates me to want to be stronger, fitter and healthier so I can not feel self conscious on the beach.

Anyway, that was a mammoth message. Hope I haven't bored anyone.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:06 AM   #15  

Insights for today..
1)When I feel lazy and whinge about exercise I should make like Nike and just do it!
I struggled to go for a walk/run but once we got out there and did it I felt great.
2) I have an amazingly supportive fiancé. I won the jackpot with this one. He makes every day better.
3) Sometimes I get hungry in the afternoon and I need to be organised and have a piece of fruit or boiled egg ready. So far I have just withstood the afternoon snack desire with a bit of leftover dry cereal I have in my desk drawer but I think I need something more structured.
4) Wow, I need to build up my arm muscles. My arms are still so sore from an upper body workout a few days ago.. I feel like I can barely move them still.
Anyone else have any insights of the day?